Happy Birthday Paul Weller.....

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

gidgetgoestohell

Happy Birthday Paul Weller.....

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Yahooooiiieeeee!!!!!

Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
shloemoe

Post by shloemoe »

Also born on this day was Bill (Mr. Bojangles) Robinson....

Mr. Bojangles

( Nitty Gritty Dirt Band )

I knew a man Bojangles and he danced for you in worn out shoes
With silver hair, a ragged shirt and baggy pants, the old soft shoe
He jumped so high, he jumped so high,
Then he lightly touched down

I met him in a cell in New Orleans, I was - down and out
He looked at me to be the eyes of age as he spoke right out
He talked of life, he talked of life, he laughed, slapped his leg a step

Mr. Bojangles, Mr. Bojangles
Mr. Bojangles, dance!

He said his name, Bojangles, then he danced a lick across the cell
He grabbed his pants a better stance, oh, he jumped up high,
Then he clicked his heels
He let go a laugh, he let go a laugh,
Shook back his clothes all around

Mr. Bojangles, dance!

He danced for throws at minstrel shows and county fairs
Through out the south
He spoke with tears of fifteen years how his dog and him
Had traveled about
His dog up and died, he up and died, after twenty years he still grieves

He said I dance now at every chance in honky tonks
For drink and tips
But most of the time I spend behind these county bars
'Cause I drinks a bit'
He shook his head and as he shook his head
I heard someone ask him `Please'
Please ..........

Mr. Bojangles, dance!

Mr. Bojangles, dance!

Remember that song?
Shloemoe has gone. Adieu...Adieu!
shloemoe

Post by shloemoe »

(Shloemoe looks around suspiciously and closes his bearshare client)
I would never PiRaTe Mp3Z!!!......(Mr. Bojangles!)
Shloemoe has gone. Adieu...Adieu!
jr

Post by jr »

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
thats entertainment!!!!!
12 bellz... YOU DO UNDERSTAND??!!
rotter

Re: Happy Birthday Paul Weller.....

Post by rotter »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Yahooooiiieeeee!!!!!

Yummy Rickenbacker! 8)
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Lauryn Hill (1975): Hip-hop artist who has reached legendary levels of success. While most recognized as an accomplished musician, Hill has also had a leading role in Sister Act II: Back In The Habit with Whoopi Goldberg. While still in High School, Hill teamed up with Michel and Wyclef Jean to form the group, "The Fugees." The trio released 3 albums and won a Grammy for Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group for their remake of "Killing Me Softly" in 1996. More Grammys would follow for Hill in 1999 when she released her solo project, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill." Hill’s honest insight into today’s culture caught the attention of both critics and youth alike. "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" was the fastest selling debut album for a female artist in music history. In 1999, Hill was nominated for 11 Grammy Awards and won 5, including the coveted Album of the Year award. Her latest album "MTV Unplugged No. 2.0" was released in 2002.

Anne Heche (1969): Actress who was offered a job at the age of 15 on the soap opera, "As The World Turns." Heche turned down the job, but was quickly offered another after graduating from High School. This time, she was asked to star on the popular soap, "Another World." While on "Another World," Heche played twins – one good, one evil, for 4 years. In her last season, Heche won an Emmy Award for her performance. After her soap stint, Heche went on to star in hit films like Donnie Brasco (1997), Wag the Dog(1998), 6 Days, 7 Nights(1998) and the remake of Psycho(1999). Heche made her directorial debut with the HBO film, If These Walls Could Talk 2, in which she directed her then girlfriend, Ellen Degeneres in a timely piece about lesbian relationships. Most recently, Heche has starred in Prozac Nation, Timepiece and John Q.

Mike Myers (1963): Actor who is best known as the smashing, dashing Austin Powers. Myers started his career at the tender age of 8, starring in commercials for Pepsi and Kit-Kat bars. When Myers was 11, he filmed a commercial with comedian Gilda Radner (she played his mother). Myers developed a huge crush on Radner, and vowed that one day he would join her as a cast member on "Saturday Night Live." True to his word, Myers joined the cast of SNL in 1989, and went on to create such memorable characters as Wayne Campbell ("Wayne’s World"), Linda Richman of "Coffee Talk" and Dieter. Except for the success of Wayne’s World, his film career was not too impressive until Austin Powers came along in 1997. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery was a blockbuster hit, and the sequel, The Spy Who Shagged Me ruled the box office in the summer of 1999. The latest in the series, Goldmember, hit theatres in 2002. Myers will grace kids and parents once again with the voice of Shrek in Shrek 2, in 2004.

Frank Oz (1944): Puppeteer who is best known as the voice of everyone’s favorite karate-chopping pig, Miss Piggy. Oz started working for Jim Henson as a summer job in 1963. That summer job ended up turning into a lifelong career. Oz has created characters that have enlightened the lives of children, and adults alike, for over 30 years. Included in his repertoire are the voices for Fozzy Bear, Animal, Grover, Sam the Eagle, Cookie Monster, Bert and the Jedi Master, Yoda. In addition to his work as a brilliant puppeteer, Oz has also directed films including Little Shop of Horrors, What About Bob? and In and Out. Even though he is a successful director, the puppets are closest to Oz’s heart. Oz reprised his role as the voice of Yoda in The Phantom Menace.

Ian McKellen (1939): Actor who is to be referred to as "Sir" Ian McKellen in his native England. When McKellen was 7, his big Christmas present was a fold-away Victorian Theatre, complete with cardboard scenery. After graduating from St. Catharine’s College in Cambridge, McKellen decided to pursue an acting career. Most of McKellen’s work has been in several stage productions of Shakespeare’s works including, "Macbeth," "Richard III" and "Twelfth Night." His film work includes Gods and Monsters, Apt Pupil and The Last Action Hero. In 1990, McKellen was knighted by Queen Elizabeth for the great contributions he has made to the arts. McKellen recently performed the part of Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

& Ralph Waldo Emerson
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
jr

Post by jr »

ok
i admit
i was listening to that other radio station this morning to hear mcpheever whine... ahahah
and when they announced the birthdays... WHO do they leave off the Bday list.... NOT jamie kennedy (?) NOT ian mcKellan, NOT anne heche (crazy pseudo lesbanese)... THEY LEFT OFF PAUL WELLER!!!!
WOT?!! didnt they USED to play music over there??????

nit wits i tell ya ...... PFFFT!!

they suck

thanks tom for the listing
12 bellz... YOU DO UNDERSTAND??!!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I heard that too...dumbasses.....at least all of us here know what's up....and you know why? That's because we ROCK....:D
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~