Fellow Mac Users...this is freakin' amazing!

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

lsinger9404

Fellow Mac Users...this is freakin' amazing!

Post by lsinger9404 »

Alright...so I wanted to listen to the Gorillaz interview on woxy.com, but I didn't want to sit by my computer waitin' for it. I couldn't Shark it, cause woxy is on the east coast. I coulda hijacked it, but there's noo telling if they would start on time, or how long it would go. Well, i've got this software called Radio Lover: http://www.bitcartel.com/radiolover/

Here's the concept. There's radio stations in iTunes. These are mp3 streams...with each song tagged with the artist and song title. When you listen in iTunes, the song title and artist are displayed. Essentially, it's a bunch of mp3s strung together. Radio Lover takes the information from iTunes, splits up the songs when the stream says so, and puts these in a playlist in iTunes, tags and all. They're not the highest quality...whatever the station is broadcasting in. but what can you expect for free?? It's like taking candy from a baby...or stealing music on-line.

This works with the radio stations in itunes, or any other mp3 station. Sorry Miche...94.9 is not an mp3 station. :(

Larry
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

You can listen to KCRW in iTunes
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
lsinger9404

Post by lsinger9404 »

Yeah...cool...but they don't break up the songs by name.

But still, it would be cool to set it for Morning Becomes Eclectic if I knew in advance.

obiwankobe wrote:You can listen to KCRW in iTunes
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

they might for eclectic, but the techno stuff their doing now, it wouldn't be tagged
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
MicheBel

cool biz

Post by MicheBel »

Dammit, Larry! I was just starting to get excited. :cry:

However, um...are any OTHER stations we might know and like available this way?

Cause I'm getting WAY sick of the chopped up version of Jonesy's Jukebox...

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Is there anything like that for PC's?
-tom

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Hey Larry, I know you do the weekly Rodcasts, but I was just wondering if you (or anyone reading this) knew anywhere at all I could possibly listen to Jonesy's Jukebox other than at noon and 6pm/am? I'm seriously missing out on not hearing the Jukebox. I only get to listen to the first half hour during my lunch break and I'd like to hear some of the archived shows like the one this week with the Doves. I've only found one website that had Jonesy shows in mp3 format but they stopped recording back in March.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I dont think Larry does the rodcasts. Probably someone going around saying they are Larry.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Er...no. I know he used to do the Rodcasts, I don't know if he does anymore, though. But it was definitely him - even had a pic of himself with Rodney outside of Canter's. I haven't been to the site in a while though, so he might have stopped.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Jonesy

Post by MicheBel »

Kev, I know what you mean. I used to listen to both the regular show and the rebroadcasts, but now that I'm stuck not listening at work, I ONLY have the rebroadcasts, and I don't care what Mr. Shovel says about only taking out some stuff to fit for time, there are MAJOR chunks taken out, especially lately. Whole chunks of banter. And last week, they mushed two shows into one, and just played that in both hours. It's sickening.

I wanna hear the REAL unvarnished, extra long Jonesy. I thought there was a site which had those up there somewhere. Don't remember where the link was though....if anyone knows, Larry does. Larry?

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
lsinger9404

from the horses mouth

Post by lsinger9404 »

a) Yes, I was responsible for the Rodcasts.

b) they disappeared suddenly because (and this is kind of hush hush so keep it amongst ourselves) someone clued me in on what could POSSIBLY happen..and let's just say it involves lawyers and KROQ and wasn't something I wanted to get involved with for helping out friends (and I know there's a spy amongst us so i'm being vague). Write me private and i'll tell you what happened and what will be done from now on. My preferred address is lsinger9404@cox.net
I've missed a few due to Shark/computer issues, but I have quite a few. Things will get out there, but it will be on the qt...or bt (those who know anything about file trading know what the initials "bt" stand for)

c) as for Jonesy, I Shark him every day for 2 1/2 hours (as sometimes he goes over). Plus...you never know who's gonna show up cause, well....they don't tell us.

It's a coincidence this subject has come up, Miche, cause today I started dragging files in to a Jonesy mp3 playlist for ya, for that long ago promised CD/DVD. You'll get them soon. The mysterious site, therefore, is my external drive. Soon to be your CD drive.

Kev...get in touch with me in e...i'll hook you up. Oh...I am missing the Doves...computer malfunction. HOWEVER..they ARE on the KCRW.com MBE site. That should whet your appetite. Though Nic Harcourt is the radio equivalent of Melba Toast.

These things are stockpiling, and I just don't have the time to listen to them. I kinda sorta wish something would happen like I get locked in a bank vault with my computer while the world blows up outside, and I just get to listen to all my Jonesy's Jukeboxes (kinda like that Twilight Zone episode)...but it'll never happen.

d) as for something like this for PC, I Googled "mp3 stream record PC" and here was the first:
http://msn.pcworld.com/downloads/file_d ... 733,00.asp

Obviously, I can't verify the usefulness or if it's as feature rich and streamlined as Radio Lover.

You could go here and buy one of these:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... .0.0.0.1.0

and know that you'll be getting something that works wonderfully.

e) as for other stations, this is awesome, and they give you a 128 k mp3 stream:
http://radioparadise.com/?content=listen
and it can "Radio Loved" in to separate tracks.

It's in the iTunes radio tuner. As well, check out the Indie (as in "independent", not as in "FM") stuff on Indie Pop Rocks!

Actually, Miche, that whole "Alt/Modern Rock" channel in the iTunes radio tuner is more hit than miss.

I think i've addressed everything.

Enjoy!

Larry
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

assholitis wrote:Er...no. I know he used to do the Rodcasts, I don't know if he does anymore, though. But it was definitely him - even had a pic of himself with Rodney outside of Canter's. I haven't been to the site in a while though, so he might have stopped.

-Kevin
Sorry Kev,

I was thinking of Barry Dinger.

The names have been chamges to protect the guilty.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

obiwankobe wrote:they might for eclectic, but the techno stuff their doing now, it wouldn't be tagged
They have Metropolis (the late-night electronica show) for iTunes????!!!!!!!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Glenn wrote:Sorry Kev,

I was thinking of Barry Dinger.

The names have been chamges to protect the guilty.
Ohh, you thought I meant THAT Larry? No, I meant Larry Dallas. He's a used car salesman always trying to lure blonde stewardesses into his apartment. Often seen picking up chicks at the Regal Beagle. Excessive chest hair, favors gold chains and jumpsuits. Yeah, that's the Larry I was referring to. :)

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Ahhhh...Regal Beagle....flash from the past....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~