"Free" music

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

lsinger9404

"Free" music

Post by lsinger9404 »

I know...i'm an Apple purist...but I couldn't help passing along this little tidbit of info on how to get 25 free songs a month...and stick it to "the man" in the process. Real is opening up their Rhapsody to everyone today (it was previously Windows only). With signing up, you get 25 free plays a month. You listen through a web interface. 25 free songs...not just 30 second samples.

So here's the trick....get Audio Hijack (if you have a mac) or a stream rippper program for windows. Then, choose your songs you want and record with your stream ripping program. It's just like the old days like when you'd sit there with your cassette recorder and record a cool album or two that Uncle Joe was playing on Sunday night.

I'm recording Gorillaz right now. Audio Hijack is cool, cause you can stream an album and split it in to tracks on the fly..and name them at the same time. It's not instant gratification like itunes...but it happens in real time, so you listen to the album and/or songs while capturing.

Be careful...learn from my mistakes...each time you press play counts against you. If you click on a song on their webpage, it starts playing, and ticks away one of your songs.

Enjoy!
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

i like the yahoo music, it has 1 million songs to listen to for 5.99 a month. if you want to burn them its .79 a song
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie