The Strokes: "Heart in a Cage"-Pitchfork

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

The Strokes: "Heart in a Cage"-Pitchfork

Post by obiwankobe »

The Strokes: "Heart in a Cage"
genre: rock

First mistake: They care. Somebody must have told Julian Casablancas and his white-lit chums that Room on Fire was too much like Is This It...with Cars!, and now the band's given up the whole cooler-than-poor-people act to say no, actually, they do fucking care. So we get guitarist Nick Valensi proving he can play guitar and Casablancas proving he can sing. Except Valensi's fussy scales come out all uptight butt-rock, and Casablancas's low-ranging vocals are Jim Morrison on "The Soft Parade", navigating shifting movements as drummer Fabrizio Moretti alternates proggy rhythms. There's a cage, a heart is beating in it, and even while "fucking around" Jules is feeling alienated. "See, I'm stuck in a city/ But I belong in a field," he croons. No, dude, you don't. [
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I'm going to take a pitchfork and stab it right through the heart of the idiot who wrote that..... just to be ironic.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

If they hate that one, just wait until they hear Ask Me Anything.... Julian actually says "Don't be a coconut. God is trying to talk to you." :?:
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas