Breaking: ‘Radar’ Folds

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

14 dec 2005

We take no pleasure at all in reporting this: Radar magazine has folded. The staff was informed at a meeting just moments ago. It was an interesting and increasingly excellent magazine; it was a game and noble foil; and it was a well-paying gig for any number of friends. RIP, Radar, and our deepest condolences to Maer and his prodigiously talented staff.

15 dec 2005
‘Radar’ Magazine Is Still Dead

As we reported last night, Mort Zuckerman and Jeffrey Epstein have pulled the plug yesterday on Radar. Editor-in-chief and founder Maer Roshan informed his staff in a late-afternoon meeting. The investors had agreed last fall to spend up to $25 million on the magazine, but apparently they had a change of heart, allegedly prompted by poor advertising sales. (Though word is trickling out from within the magazine that next issue had, in fact, sold quite nicely, and things were seemingly on schedule for the rest of 2006.)

Now, of course, Maer says he has other funding nearly lined up. Which brings us back to Radar’s most natural state: With Maer always having new funding nearly lined up. And other new funding nearly lined up. And other new funding nearly lined up.

Three Issues Into New Life, Radar Magazine Is Being Shut Again [NYT]
Radar Closes, Intrigue Ensues [Gothamist]
‘Radar’ Shuts Down: Maer Roshan’s Statement [The Media Mob/NYO]
Maer Roshan’s Radar Shuts Down [Mediaweek]
Fledgling Radar Magazine Folds [AP via Yahoo]
Radar Magazine Folds [Business Week]

15 dec 2005
‘Radar’ Fallout Creates Litterbug Crisis!

On 23rd Street at 6th Avenue, Radar’s bloodbath leaves a paper trail.
More carnage, clearly tossed out the window in the midst of Mark Michaelson’s nervous breakdown, after the jump.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

too bad
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley