Stupid blogs?

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

Stupid blogs?

Post by MicheBel »

So which "stupid blog" do you think Mr. Shovel was talking about in that commercial? I sure hope he wasn't referring to this one. Or the Yahoo one, for that matter? Maybe he's referring to that stupid blog on MySpace....

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Yeah, I heard that. Well, it wasn't discussed here at all - that article came out long before Jack's Forum ever started. It was discussed in an Indie fan site on MySpace and REPEATEDLY mentioned on the Yahoo Groups. But even if he was referring to the Yahoo Groups, none of us here actually expressed concern. You immediately shot down the article and not too long after that, Lloyd Featherbrick himself posted saying how the article was B.S. and that Michael Steel emailed the staff saying that Indie would NOT be changing formats. So no dumb bloggers here. :D

P.s. Is that Shovel who does the commercials? I've always wondered who does those ads with the deep voice is. Doesn't really sound like Shovel, but it doesn't sound like TK or any of the other DJs as well. I figured it was just someone they used to do promos.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I have posted many stupid blogs here. Sorry guys.

Wibble.

Anyhow, I get my gossip from the water cooler. Much more reliable.

Wibble. Wibble.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
Stuartmm

Well here are a few....

Post by Stuartmm »

Glenn

Re: Stupid blogs?

Post by Glenn »

MicheBel wrote:So which "stupid blog" do you think Mr. Shovel was talking about in that commercial?

--Miche
I think is the blog about Miche calling me FANBOY! I thought that was stupid. :lol:
Glenn

Re: Well here are a few....

Post by Glenn »

Stuartmm wrote:

and radio-info.com has a few haters on it as well.
Thanks - just gives indie more determination to suceed I hope. 8)
MicheBel

Mystery voice

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:lol Yeah, I heard that. Well, it wasn't discussed here at all - that article came out long before Jack's Forum ever started. It was discussed in an Indie fan site on MySpace and REPEATEDLY mentioned on the Yahoo Groups. But even if he was referring to the Yahoo Groups, none of us here actually expressed concern. You immediately shot down the article and not too long after that, Lloyd Featherbrick himself posted saying how the article was B.S. and that Michael Steel emailed the staff saying that Indie would NOT be changing formats. So no dumb bloggers here. :D

P.s. Is that Shovel who does the commercials? I've always wondered who does those ads with the deep voice is. Doesn't really sound like Shovel, but it doesn't sound like TK or any of the other DJs as well. I figured it was just someone they used to do promos.

-Kevin
Dammit, I knew someone was gonna catch that. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Top secret.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

This doesn't necessarily relate to the topic at hand about blogs and Indie changing formats, but I thought it was relevant since someone brought up the link with all the Indie haters.
As you know, Jonesy's Jukebox won the award for Best Radio Show from the LA Weekly Awards. Well, one of the other nominees in that category, a show called Get the F*ck Up from KillRadio (an online radio station), wrote about the LA Weekly ceremony and Jonesy's Jukebox.
"Well, we didn't win best LA radio show at the shittiest awards show ever last night. Jonesy's Jukebox won of course because everyone in LA sucks Indie 103.1's dick. -jeremy"
And for another breath of fresh air and intelligent commentary, let's go to another member of the KillRadio staff:
"Oh, and Jonesy's Jukebox, got booed when they won for best radio show, which was pretty funny. FUCK KENNEDY....signed, aaron"

Talk about your sore losers, huh? Bitter much? :lol: I say we all join in and write some hate mail to this station and/or work on getting it put out of business. C'mon, Indie people, together I know we can do it. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

No spreading hate

Post by MicheBel »

Oh no. The best revenge is that Indie is the best station around and no one knows who Kill Radio is.

--Miche, feeling the love

Post by Guest »

excuse me....that is not me...

if you think i am the stoner indie voice you are very wrong.
MicheBel

Confusion Reigns

Post by MicheBel »

OK, guest. It's not you. That's really clear.

--Miche

WAIT...was that you, Shovel?
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Yeah, that didn't even occur to me who that was or what they were referring to. Sorry if our thread offended you Mr. Shovel Couture. Please come back and post to us. :)

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Suck up

Post by MicheBel »

Kev--

Don't suck up to Shovel. Sheesh.

And I still don't believe him, anyway.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol You get pissy when I don't recognize his coolness, you get pissy when I invite him to post. Make up your mind already! :twisted:

P.s. How do we know the guy who posts as "Mr. Shovel" is indeed Mr. Shovel?

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Yes, so true, it could be someone pretending to be Shovel.
I love that stoner guy that does the bits, he used to annoy me, but then I came around.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

Stories

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:lol You get pissy when I don't recognize his coolness, you get pissy when I invite him to post. Make up your mind already! :twisted:

P.s. How do we know the guy who posts as "Mr. Shovel" is indeed Mr. Shovel?

-Kevin
You MUST recognize his coolness, it's true. But you don't have to "invite him to post" lke he's some guy up on high. He's one of us, man. He's a friend. He lives here like we do (in the Indie blog space, that is).

The person who's been posting here (and on Yahoo) as "Mr. Shovel" is indeed the very true, actual Mr. Shovel. Just trust me. Don't ask questions. :wink:

And in point of fact, the reason I took umbrage to that comment in the first place is that the person was listed as "GUEST". Usually when he posts, he does remember to post as himself. However, it sounded like him. Just like the stoner guy sounds like him. :wink:

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Well, until he tells me otherwise anyway.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Actually, I recognized his coolness long before anybody else, probably as a result of my own coolness. 8) It started off as a joke that you still don't get, which is a shame cause it was a right funny one too. =/ Anywho, I know that the Yahoo Shovel is Shovel, cause Lloyd is the owner of the group and he made indie1031mrshovel a moderator like he did for TK and Joe Sib. But here on Jack's Forum, he's just a guest who posts under the name Mr. Shovel. He's not an actual member, so there's no way to really know who it is. Therefore, I think the only sensible way to verify that "Mr Shovel" is who he says he is, is for the real Mark Sovel to give a shout out to Jack's Forum on today's Jonesy's Jukebox or even on the next Check One...Two. :D

-Kevin, still the Mountie of Orange County

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Identity

Post by MicheBel »

Um. First, he's not going to do that, and second, you have it verified because I'M TELLING YOU it's him.

And third, you can't hear it anyway, so how would you know he said it?

--Miche

Re: Identity

Post by Guest »

MicheBel wrote:Um. First, he's not going to do that, and second, you have it verified because I'M TELLING YOU it's him.

And third, you can't hear it anyway, so how would you know he said it?

--Miche
First - Why not? They plug the hell out of the MySpace group.

Second - That doesn't instill much confidence, though.

Third - I listen to the rebroadcast and I'm sure everyone would be talking about it here if he did.

-Kevin
MicheBel

Shrug

Post by MicheBel »

Well, if you don't believe me, that's on you.

And if he's gonna mention Jack's Forum, I'd prefer that he do it when we aren't in danger of going down every other second.

Oh, and also, dude, remember the MySpace group is the only "Official" one. So technically and probably legally, it's the only one which CAN be plugged.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Children, Children, Children! Play nice, or you are going to be in big trouble when your father gets home!
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yeah, I read in the Yahoo group that Jack's was down earlier. Perhaps when Verizon gets their stuff together, or when Jack ditches them for a superior ISP. And if it's a legal matter, I don't think Jack would sue Indie for mentioning his forum on the air. Even if he did, I'm sure Trixie could provide some good pro bono legal advice. :wink:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Fuckin A I would! Next time I call Dicky's show, I am giving a shout out to all that post here. Let 'em try and stop me...muhahahahahahahahaha.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Hey my previous reply to this is missing... awwwww :(
-Julian Casablancas
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

HIstory has been rewritten.

You must have said something nasty. :)
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I don't saw "nasty" things Glenn! And my posting IS there, woah... I swear it was missing yesterday!
-Julian Casablancas
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

You are going madder than me. Now that one crazy chick!
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahaha, I am not crazy it was missing!
-Julian Casablancas