Ideas to Increase the Number of Members we have

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Ideas to Increase the Number of Members we have

Post by obiwankobe »

Anybody have any?
I was wondering if there was a roster of email addresses either on myspace or the yahoo group that we could bulk email to to let them know we are here, and they are in the wrong place? :?: :idea: :?:
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I dunno O B 1. Those MySpacers kind of LIKE being MySpacers as we like being Jack Shackers.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
MicheBel

Posting

Post by MicheBel »

I don't advocate doing this, of course, but if you are a "friend" of the Indie 103 group, you can technically post a bulletin, which goes to the entire membership.

Also, anyone who gets the digest at Yahoo gets posts we put up there.

But we've been vocal in both places (MySpace and Yahoo). We were getting tons of people migrating over here, but we lost the traffic in a big way once the site went down. I think people don't trust it to be stable just yet.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!

Post by Guest »

Yeah, but we've only got like 30 members and there were 800 some in Yahoo and MySpace has like 243,000 friends of Indie (which is stupid and I have no idea how they determine that).
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Well, while the Yahoo group has 800 members and the MySpace Indie group/forum has however many, there's only maybe 10 or so regular members who actually post on either group. And I'd say most, if not all, of the Yahoo group members who post on a regular basis are already here (Trix, Miche, Glenn, myself, etc.). If you look at the MySpace forum, the majority of posts are from Miche, Annie and Glenn who are all active members here. My guess is that Jack's Forum is something new you have to sign up for, whereas most people already have Yahoo and MySpace accounts, so all you have to do is ask to be added; so in a way, maybe a lot of people don't want to take the time or make the commitment of another screen name somewhere. And those that do are ones who are really interested in posting and interacting with others, which is why the most active members from MySpace and Yahoo are already here. You do understand, don't you?

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Posters

Post by MicheBel »

Yeah, I do kinda agree with Kev. Who wants all those wackos from MySpace over here? Anyone who's gonna post on a regular basis knows how to find us. We have a link over at Yahoo, and a post on the forum boards about Jack's Shack at MySpace.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
obiwankobe

Butt

Post by obiwankobe »

If they post their breasts I wouldn't have a problem with that! :twisted:

-tom
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

That's very thoughtful of you, Tom. The sacrifices you make for this group. :lol:

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I do love that MySpace, but I hate how all those memebers are so inactive, but like I said before... I blame the lack of Indie interaction. Eventually more will come, I wouldn't worry about it. Kevin's right, the people who actually bother posting on the other ones are already here. WE HAVE ARRIVED! :lol:
P.S. Who's posting breasts?
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas