Sooooooooo..How 'Bout Them Clippers???

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

java

Sooooooooo..How 'Bout Them Clippers???

Post by java »

:lol:
Logic: The Art Of Being Wrong With Confidence
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

these?

java

Post by java »

LOL ...LAT...Close enough!
rotter

Post by rotter »

:lol: my bag needs a trim.. :lol:
java

Post by java »

Tries to envision Canadian Clippers..........
rotter

Post by rotter »

I keep a beaver in the bathroom..... :lol:
java

Post by java »

well.....dam :wink:
rotter

Post by rotter »

:lol: Any of you grrrls need a trim,the beaver does a great job on your beaver.I always inspect his work too... :wink:
java

Post by java »

once again has the urge to cross my legs :lol:
rotter

Post by rotter »

I've used two beavers on Miche...she has a few scratches cuz the beavers were scared shitless.. :P
Last edited by rotter on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
rotter

Post by rotter »

fuck me.....this thread went to talkin about clippers to talkin about cunts :lol:
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

rotter wrote:I've used two beavers on Miche...she has a few scratches cuz the beavers were scared shitless.. :P
:lol:
java

Post by java »

me thinks the thread has been lost....POOF!
rotter

Post by rotter »

:lol: On that note..i gotta go to work..so have a great weekend everyone :wink:
MicheBel

huh

Post by MicheBel »

Wait...Rotter WORKS? :shock:
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
java

Post by java »

I hear rotter works at the Voodoo Lounge...
July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

rotter wrote:fuck me.....this thread went to talkin about clippers to talkin about cunts :lol:
Please don't tell me that is a surprise?!?!?!
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
robert

Post by robert »

i am sad i got in on this thread. :cry: I wanted to talk about the LA Clippers. I just got my seats for the playoffs and i am so excited.

But cunt-away guys!
java

Post by java »

No Robert..educate me on the Clippers...I know Sam Cassell..Corey Maggette...Elton Brand...Chris Kamen? Think he went to Central Michigan or some such...and they too..play at Staples...anyway..Clippers away!
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
robert

Post by robert »

That isnt a bad set of knowledge. All i can say is i hope they surprise the hell out of ppl. Best LA Basketball team.
Last edited by robert on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
java

Post by java »

lol Gooch...cute!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Te he he

jr

Post by jr »

robert
say hello to billy crystal BEFORE all the bandwaggoners get there...
i expect miche should show up any second...
singing MORRISSEY and wearing a mini

LOL
12 bellz... YOU DO UNDERSTAND??!!
java

Post by java »

you ppl and your images..AMAZING!
robert

Post by robert »

Funny thing is: Billy Crystal is a recent passanger on teh Clipper Bandwagon. This is the first year that i have ever seen him. It used to be just Frankie Nunez, Penny Mardhall and Beyonce Knowles.
jr

Post by jr »

billy was a long time ago too
i used to see him there
robert

Post by robert »

Cool. Maybe i just couldnt see him with out my binoculars from row ZZZZ :)
java

Post by java »

That's all part of the fun..isn't it...to ppl and or in your case..star watch
robert

Post by robert »

I just them to win. I have been a fan for almost 20 years and it isnt good when a 4th grader dreads the NBA draft because their team will do something dumb. again.

But it is finally starting to pay off!!!
java

Post by java »

good luck to the Clippers!
jr

Post by jr »

whenever elgin baylor would get up
i would be
FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!
robert

Post by robert »

jr wrote:whenever elgin baylor would get up
i would be
FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Is that all it takes? :twisted:
jr

Post by jr »

yep
elgin baylor
and a fuct up draft pick
thats all
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
lol
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Clippers latest LA Bandwagon, since UCLA Basketball, USC Football got derailed.

I like them too, but please. I hope we don't end up with everyone having Clipper flags on their cars. Like the Lakers, then the second they lose you never see a flag again
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
obiwankobe

To Live & Die w/ L.A.

Post by obiwankobe »

By Bill Simmons
Page 2

Remember when Jack Buck screamed, "I don't believe what I just saw!" after Kirk Gibson's legendary home run in the '88 World Series? About four weeks ago, I found myself holding my mail and screaming, "I don't believe what I just opened!"

That's right, the Los Angeles Clippers were billing me for playoff tickets.

As a two-year season-ticket holder, I knew there was a chance, but still ... this was a bigger shock than Mischa Barton pretending she had never seen cocaine before on "The OC." Since moving to California in 1978, the Clippers have made a whopping three playoff appearances -- none since 1997. The franchise hasn't won a series since 1976, when they were known as the Buffalo Braves. They've won four playoff games in the past three decades, a stretch that featured two above-.500 seasons (43 wins in 1979, 45 wins in 1991). They made 19 lottery picks in the last 20 years (including two No. 1s, three No. 2s, two No. 3s and three No. 4s). By any calculation, the Clippers are the most ridiculed, least successful franchise in sports history. No other team comes close.

Sam Cassell
AP Photo/Eric Gay
Sam Cassell has been a key component to the Clippers' turnaround.

When I decided to purchase tickets, I never imagined that the playoffs would be part of the deal. I was more interested in seeing the other teams, catching Bron-Bron and Wade, yelling at the referees, hearing the conversations in the stands, seeing the body language of various players, meeting some of the other NBA junkies. But the lure of the Clippers quagmire sealed the deal. Nobody could match their legacy of failure and incompetence, their legendary cheapness, their staggering amount of bad luck. What kept the fans coming back? Why would anyone support such a miserable, hopeless franchise that steadfastly refused to spend enough money to compete? Why would anyone believe things could turn around?

Intrigued, I made the leap. And after finishing the 2004-2005 season, everything made sense. The Clippers were preying on two fundamental realities of the L.A. sports scene. First, an inordinate number of locals are loaded -- maybe more than any other American city -- and have the disposable income to support a crummy NBA team with the hope that things change some day. Considering that good Clippers tickets are half as expensive as good Lakers tickets (and much easier to get), that's a relatively smart investment. What if things DID turn around? Suddenly you have choice seats for a hot team in a hot sport, right?

The bigger factor: Something about this franchise sucks people in.

Maybe it's the underdog thing. Maybe it's the revolving door of young lottery picks with potential. Maybe it's the guillotine of bad luck hanging over this team. The Clippers are like the token hot-and-crazy chick that you shouldn't date, and you know it, only you can't help yourself. Take last season's team, which started out strong and got everyone excited ... and then bad things started happening. High schooler Shaun Livingston, the rail-thin rookie who could see the court like Magic, separated his shoulder two days after getting crunch-time minutes for the first time. Players started dropping left and right. They kept losing close games because stiffs like Rick Brunson and Marko Jaric were killing them at point. Their playoff hopes faded during a killer road trip in February, and that was that. Same old Clippers.

As last summer's ticket renewal deadline approached, I considered relinquishing them for a depressing press pass. But I kept remembering Livingston during that Houston game in November, when he took over down the stretch, when the 20-year season-ticket holder in front of me delightedly screamed, "We finally have a point guard!" If Shaun could just stay healthy, he was going to be special. Only Wade and LeBron had higher ceilings. I really believed that. How could I walk away from someone with a slim chance to become the next Magic? Would any true basketball fan walk away from a prodigy?

One more year. That was the decision.

Almost immediately, I regretted it. They drafted another high schooler (Yaro Korolev) over Danny Granger, who would have helped them right away. Two weeks later, Bobby Simmons (the heart and soul of last year's team) accepted a Godfather offer from Milwaukee. Even worse, there were rumors that Livingston's shoulder hadn't properly healed, that he was skipping Summer League, that he could miss a chunk of the upcoming season. And if I could have gone back in time and canceled that check for season tickets, I would have done it. The Clippers were losers. They would always be losers. By sending them money for tickets, I was just feeding the beast.

Nine months later? They're on pace for 48 wins, with an outside chance of breaking the franchise record for victories (49). They're looking at a 5-seed in the first round. They have an MVP candidate in Elton Brand. They're poised to replace the 2002 Angels, 2003 Lakers, 2004-05 Trojans and 2006 Bruins as The Bandwagon L.A. Team Du'jour. Some experts are even tabbing them as a potential sleeper this spring. That's right ... the Clippers. The Los Angeles Clippers.

My head is spinning.

Before you read the next section, you need to remember something: I'm a Celtics fan, not a Clippers fan. That will never change. The rules of sports bigamy aren't just clearly defined, I happen to be the writer who defined them.

During their home games, I root for the Clippers because they're the hometown team, because I like some of their players, because I want them to make the playoffs (so I can attend some playoff games), because you have to root for someone at an NBA game. That's really it. I never wear Clippers stuff. I never use the word "we." I don't watch their road games any more or less than I watch anyone else's road games. I don't read their newspaper coverage. I have never posted on one of their message boards. In short, I'm not like Bill Paxson in that "Big Love" show, and the Clippers aren't like Chloe Sevigny.

At the same time, I find myself getting a little attached -- not as a Clippers fan, but as a basketball fan -- partly because it's such a fun story, partly because I admire Elton Brand and Sam Cassell so much, partly because Livingston's unselfish talents are so extraordinarily rare. I'm also a sucker for a good story. And this particular Clippers team was on its way to another 30-win season last summer, right until four moments changed everything.

In reverse order ...

4. The MRI
Livingston's shoulder turned out to be OK.

(Big sigh of a relief. For a franchise that suffered through Bill Walton's feet, Marques Johnson's neck, Norm Nixon's knee, Derek Smith's knee, Danny Manning's knee ... let's just say that the Clippers don't have good luck with body parts.)

3. The Free Agent Signing
The Clips responded to Simmons' defection by quickly splurging on a replacement: a five-year, $42 million deal for Cuttino Mobley that did four things. First, they were throwing a bone to their beaten-down fans, whose expectations had sunk so low that even someone like Mobley -- a cagey veteran guard with 3-point range, but not an All-Star by any means -- was cause for celebration. Second, it told the players on the team that they were ready to compete. Third, it broke a dubious streak of sorts; the Clippers' last major free-agent signing was Walton in 1979 (yes, you read that correctly). And fourth, when my friend Strik broke the news to me, I was driving down Beverly Boulevard and nearly ended up rear-ending a Prius. True story.

2. The Epiphany
Unbeknownst to anyone, Brand made one of the craziest offseason decisions in recent memory: He decided that he hadn't reached his potential as a player.

Elton Brand
AP Photo/Jeff Lewis
Elton Brand has elevated his game to a new level this season.

At that point, Elton was a borderline All-Star living off a max contract, a guaranteed 20-10 every night, someone who worked his butt off and never bitched to the referees, indisputably one of the top 30 players in the league. There were some flaws in his game -- his low-post moves needed some work; he was carrying a little too much weight; he relied on his jump hook too much -- but things you wouldn't notice unless you watched him every night.

Well, Elton wasn't satisfied. So he worked on his low-post moves, honed his first step, got himself into phenomenal shape, transformed his body from "bulky" to "sleek." Now he's one of the best 10 players in the league, a guaranteed 25-11 every night, a work horse, a true franchise guy. He commands a double team at all times. He's better than every power forward in the league except Duncan and Nowitzki. By every possible calculation, he's the best player in Clippers history. And he's only 26 years old.

(Important note: Normally with the Clippers, just the fact that those last two paragraphs were written would have caused Elton's right ACL to snap in half. I guess we'll see how this plays out. But it had to be written.)

1. The Leader
And this is the biggie ...

Say what you want about Elgin Baylor (and I have), but the longtime Clippers GM swung the single most important trade of the summer: a sign-and-trade where Minnesota ended up with the incompetent Jaric and the Clips ended up with a No. 1 pick and Sam Cassell. It was a calculated gamble for a team that desperately needed leadership, experience, someone who wasn't afraid to take big shots, and someone who looked like E.T. Sure, Sam is a little crazy (or so they said), and he wore out his welcome a few times, but what's more reliable than a good player trying to prove himself in a contract year? In the words of Val Kilmer in "Heat," the bank was worth the risk.

Sensing one final chance at a big payday, as well as an opportunity to define his career, Sam grabbed the steering wheel from day one. He shouted to everyone that things were changing, that the Clippers wouldn't be pushovers anymore. He started working on Brand, telling him over and over again that Brand was their horse, that he needed to carry them, that they would only go as far as he took them. During the team's first official practice, when they were scrimmaging full-court, Mike Dunleavy stopped the proceedings for a water break. Everyone went to get a drink except Cassell and Mobley, who remained on the court to shoot free throws together. The next time, it happened again. And the next time. They never said a word, just kept shooting those free throws. Within a few days, nobody was getting water during water breaks; everyone remained on the court.

See, it's the little things with Sam. We always hear the whole "This guy's a winner, he's teaching them to win" refrain with sports, but I watched it actually happen with Sam and the Clippers -- little by little, game by game, week by week, month by month. Baby steps. Almost like watching my little daughter. From the first game in Seattle, Sam made this team his own, scoring 17 points in the fourth quarter, including a couple of dagger threes, followed by Sam skipping around the court doing his "I have giant testicles!" dance, then screaming in the postgame interview, "I told you! I told you this was a different team! This ain't the same old Clippers anymore!"

That Seattle game set the tone for the season: Sam casting his shadow over everyone and everything. There's nobody in the league quite like him. He knows everyone on every team, every referee, every coach ... he's like the old guy in the sports movie who shows up at the playground and starts jawing at everyone, only everyone starts smiling because they know it's finally time to start playing some ball. He's constantly working the crowd, the officials, even other players. He's always up to something. During one game against Minnesota, Sam found himself fighting for a loose ball with KG -- whose intensity during games is almost bordering on homicidal at this point -- and it seemed like KG was going to punch this Random Clipper Who Dared To Battle Him. Then he realized it was Sam and kissed him on the forehead.

I always believed Sam was underrated in the past, but now I'm starting to wonder if he was the most overlooked good player of the past 15 years. The proverbial raps on Sam: head case, complains too much, bitter about being underpaid, can't guard anyone. Maybe there was some truth to all of those things, especially last season in Minnesota. But this was also a guy who won two rings in Houston with Hakeem (making some huge shots for Rockets, by the way), then happened to lead FOUR OTHER TEAMS that just "randomly" came together while he was there. Two went from the lottery to the playoffs (the '97 Nets and '06 Clips), the other two made the conference finals (the '00 Bucks and '04 Timberwolves).

Can we still call it a coincidence after the recent Clippers resurgence? Probably not. Some guys just know how to win. It's in their blood.

I wasn't the only one who could see it. Over the summer, the Clippers switched my seats to a section filled with season-ticket holders from 1984 ... including a jovial guy named Dave, who never misses a game and ended up becoming my resource for Clippers history. I learned from Dave that Larry Brown's first season (1991) remains the highlight of the past 20 seasons, the one time they looked like a real basketball team. I learned that Mo Taylor was the single most selfish Clipper of all time (with Michael Olowokandi ranking a close second). I learned that nobody choked at the end of games like Lamar Odom, that Andre Miller mailed in the second half of his one season here, that they never should have gotten rid of Earl Boykins and Brent Barry. Poor Dave could write a Ph.D dissertation on losing. During the T-Wolves game in December, Dave glanced at Minnesota's bench and noticed Olowokandi, Jaric and Troy Hudson, then joked, "Three former Clippers, no wonder they stink!"

On opening night, Dave was raving about Cassell like a proud father. "We never had anyone like him before," he kept saying, his eyes practically bulging out of his head. "Never had a good point guard except for Mark Jackson, never had anyone willing to take a big shot. Sam LOVES TO TAKE BIG SHOTS! He would have been worth 12-15 wins last year!"

For someone like Dave, who suffered through two solid decades of heartbreak and abject failure, Sam was a gift from the Hoops Gods. Forget about the clutch shooting and ballhandling; the 36 year-old Cassell coaches everyone on the floor, pumps other players up, cheers the subs from the bench, directs his teammates like a traffic cop. It's quite possible that he's the best coach on the team (and yes, I'm including Dunleavy). During one game in New York, when Chris Wilcox allowed his man to jump over him for an offensive rebound, Sam started screaming so angrily from the bench that one of the officials T'd him up, never imagining that Sam was chewing out one of his own teammates.

Cuttino Mobley
AP Photo/Danny Moloshok
Cuttino Mobley has proved to be a big pickup for the Clips.

On the court, Sam never stops dipping into his bag of tricks, almost like an old boxer or an aging wrestler. Sometimes he dribbles upcourt, notices a defender innocently running back to the other end, then lurches into the guy and flops to the floor (always drawing a foul). He almost always goes left when he drives -- at least seven out of eight times -- and just when his guy decides, "All right, this guy always goes left," Sam crosses over and breaks his ankles. When the defense over-rotates, he careens into the paint and draws the center toward him, then lofts a scoop shot right over his outstretched hand. Best of all, he always knows precisely when to take those killer 3s that can swing a game; invariably, he even makes them. There's a reason Sam Cassell is the only player in the league who does the Testicle Dance.

Of course, Sam won't get mentioned in the MVP voting, and during home games, the crowd chants "M-V-P! M-V-P!" for Brand when he's shooting free throws. That's all fine. We don't have statistics to measure the way Cassell transformed the team's work ethic (starting with that first practice), the confidence he provides in crunch time, all the little things he does for Brand (getting him the ball on pick-and-rolls in the right spot time and time again), or the dramatic effect he's had on Livingston (currently playing the best basketball of his life). Replace Sam with Jaric and they would have blown some close games in November and December, then the wheels would have come off when Corey Maggette got injured. That's what would have happened. Thirty-five wins. Instead, they're on pace for almost 50.

Was Sam Cassell one of the 10 most valuable players in basketball this season? You tell me.

Meanwhile, with everyone finally healthy, the Clippers seem to be hitting their potential. Nobody in the league has a better eight-man nucleus; nobody has more options down the stretch; nobody can give you more looks. They have rebounders, ballhandlers, outside shooters, defenders, you name it. Three nights ago, 24 hours before the Clips destroyed the Suns in Phoenix, they came back from 22 down to beat Denver at home. I was sitting next to Dave and his son, a college senior who has been coming to Clippers games since he was little. Just like me with the Celtics. One difference though: I watched five championship teams before I turned 17. This kid has never seen the Clippers win a playoff series, and he hadn't even attended a playoff game since he was 12.

So when they started coming back in the third quarter, and Livingston turned into Magic for about nine minutes -- just a virtuoso performance -- and the crowd started getting into it, I found myself telling him, "See, this is what the playoffs are like." I couldn't help myself. This WAS what the playoffs were like.

In the fourth quarter, Sam took over the game -- a nifty reverse layup on the break, a floater in the lane, an outrageous fallaway turnaround -- as the crowd went bonkers. Now they were leading. With a little more than a minute to play, Carmelo found himself so frustrated by Quentin Ross (the Clippers' version of Bruce Bowen) that he punched the ball into the stands after a hard foul, earning an immediate ejection. Delighted, Sam traipsed over to the Nuggets bench, trying to determine who would shoot Melo's free throws for him, eventually settling on Reggie Evans (who missed both as Sam waved his arms to incite the crowd). Sam and the Clips ended up winning by two. Last season, they would have lost.

But that's not even the point. This could have been any 50-win team protecting their house against a good team .. it just happened to be the Clippers, and we just happened to be at the Staples Center, and the last 30 years really didn't matter anymore. For Dave and thousands of other season-ticket holders who kept mailing in their checks and hoping things would change some day, they finally lucked out. Things changed. The Clippers are finally for real. Just like that bill for playoff tickets.

And normally, that would be enough. But I want them to win one playoff series, and not just because I want to keep going to playoff games. I want them to win for the people in my section, for the fans who kept following them through thick and thin, for the people like Dave and his wife and son. I want more people to know about Cassell and Brand, two of the great stories in the league right now. I want to see how many e-mails I get from readers comparing Chris Kaman to Hulk Hogan. I want to see if Livingston raises his game on a bigger stage. I even want to see Elgin break out one of his multi-colored "Cosby Show" sweaters for the second round of the playoffs.

Most of all, I want them to win a series for everyone who works for this team, the long-suffering souls who endured all the Clippers jokes over the years, all the "What the hell are we doing?" phone calls after another non-trade or nonsensical draft pick, all the petty slights and head-shaking disappointments that come with working for a crummy organization that never stops sucking the life out of you. I have gotten to know some of them over the past two years; watching them respond to the increasing possibility of real success this season, they're all starting to look like Locke on "Lost" when he realized he could walk. When you go from rooting for "the worst franchise in sports" to "the sleeper in the West," and it happens so fast, you find yourself worrying more about what could go wrong then what's going right ... well, you tend to look that way.

Out of anyone, those people deserve to see the Staples Center rocking this spring. Better late than never, I say.
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

cliff's notes? anyone?

:wink:
jr

Post by jr »

BILL SIMMONS
PAGE 2
IS
ESSENTIAL READING

i got my email up there once.....

OTHER THAN THE REDSOX NATION .... HE IS BRILLIANT!!

cheers!!

clifnotes????? go to ESPN.com page 2
robert

Re: To Live & Die w/ L.A.

Post by robert »

obiwankobe wrote:The Clippers are like the token hot-and-crazy chick that you shouldn't date, and you know it, only you can't help yourself.
jr have you dated Bill Simmons?

Seriously he hit in on the head. From the Sports arena as an 8 year old to the Staples center near my 28th bday. In job interviews when the ask what your goals in life are i give them something they want to hear, but in my head its Clipper season tickets and to be there when they raise the championship banner.
jr

Post by jr »

robert wrote: jr have you dated Bill Simmons?
no... he's from Boston.... and I had to get over that....
but i am addicted to sports and watch sportscenter like 3 times a day (as much as i can during baseball months)
in addition
i would like to meet and date the following (not in this order)
1. jon anderson
2. scott van pelt (no relation to Lucy or Linus)
3. Stewart Scott - not to date but to look him in the good eye and give him a BOOOOOYA!!!!!!

back back back back back back back back

clarification: i am a loser and would give up sex if it meant that i could control the clicker.
robert

Post by robert »

jr wrote: clarification: i am a loser and would give up sex if it meant that i could control the clicker.
(hands jr the clicker)
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

jr wrote:
robert wrote: jr have you dated Bill Simmons?
no... he's from Boston.... and I had to get over that....
but i am addicted to sports and watch sportscenter like 3 times a day (as much as i can during baseball months)
in addition
i would like to meet and date the following (not in this order)
1. jon anderson
2. scott van pelt (no relation to Lucy or Linus)
3. Stewart Scott - not to date but to look him in the good eye and give him a BOOOOOYA!!!!!!

back back back back back back back back

clarification: i am a loser and would give up sex if it meant that i could control the clicker.
on the other hand, i'd surrender the clicker if it meant that i could.........

:oops:
jr

Post by jr »

WAIT...
did i just give up sex?????
robert

Post by robert »

jr wrote:WAIT...
did i just give up sex?????
Oh, i took it as exchange sexual favors for the remote. (takes back clicker) Nevermind.
jr

Post by jr »

:shock:

clarification
i know that sportscenter would be on with you ...

(fuck the clicker)
java

Post by java »

LATaurus wrote:cliff's notes? anyone?

:wink:

Cliff Notes??? Isn't he a waterboy for the Clippers..??? wha?? No..??
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

JR dahlink...you're going to kill Morrissey for me...
jr wrote:robert
say hello to billy crystal BEFORE all the bandwaggoners get there...
i expect miche should show up any second...
singing MORRISSEY and wearing a mini

LOL
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
jr

Post by jr »

LOL
Indie got there first...
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Kevin & Bean had Sam Cassell on this morning
-tom

rotter

Post by rotter »

Rotter flicked Maddies' bean this morning
Last edited by rotter on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

~Gooch

rotter

Post by rotter »

fuck.....thats a big clipper :lol:
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

rotter wrote:fuck.....thats a big clipper :lol:
You better be careful Rotter....I am a Latina and I know Lorena Bobbit...
~Gooch

rotter

Post by rotter »

You come one inch near me wif them clippers I'll bonk you out cold with my moosemeat..... :wink:
java

Post by java »

Not really paying attention...did that say cold...moosemeat??
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

anybody have any good suggestions for a nose hair clipper, the ones with the circular/rounded ends are too big and do not cut the fine hair in my nose.
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

biLzamo wrote:anybody have any good suggestions for a nose hair clipper, the ones with the circular/rounded ends are too big and do not cut the fine hair in my nose.
They're actually called trimmers, not clippers and here you go:
~Gooch

jr

Post by jr »

obiwankobe wrote:Kevin & Bean had Sam Cassell on this morning
did he have anything intelligent to say? i never liked the guy
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

not really, just a bunch of sports cliches, and promoting his charity basketball game that is coming up. He was at practice, you could hear whistles and shoe squeaks in the background, I only caught the end
-tom

robert

Post by robert »

Dammit i missed it!! I met him on Saturday at the Sprint store by the Beverly Center. Woo hoo, Clipper players are finally able to show their faces in public.
robert

Post by robert »

jr wrote:
did he have anything intelligent to say? i never liked the guy
I respect him for how he has brought the team together.
jr

Post by jr »

jock sniffer
LOLOLOL
i know you are stoked
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
and clippers fans everywhere!!!
ps- i talked to my buddy there.... the bandwagon is GROWING
robert

Post by robert »

jr wrote:jock sniffer
LOLOLOL
i know you are stoked
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
and clippers fans everywhere!!!
ps- i talked to my buddy there.... the bandwagon is GROWING
Jock Sniffer huh? :) i bet you have done your fair share :wink:
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote:anybody have any good suggestions for a nose hair clipper, the ones with the circular/rounded ends are too big and do not cut the fine hair in my nose.
They're actually called trimmers, not clippers and here you go:
AHH C'mon Bz, be a man. Yank 'em out with these :D
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

:shock:
rotter

Post by rotter »

pluck my eyebrows bitch :P
Brad-Cow-Disease

Post by Brad-Cow-Disease »

Maddie told me your bag looked like a two cabbages in a pillow case y"long dangler.
Get some support or lick on me what my doctor won"t touch.
E = Nothing
jr

Post by jr »

robert wrote:Jock Sniffer huh? :) i bet you have done your fair share :wink:
well... they are right down the hall... lol
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

I respect him for how he has brought the team together.
The guy is unbelievable. He's 36 now, and still a viable player and very likely the missing piece that the Clips needed to finally make it to the playoffs. I hated him a few years ago, but only because he was on the opposing team, knocking down 3 pointers like they were layups and putting up 40 points a game. This morning was the first time I've heard him talk on a non-sports show and he seemed like a really cool, down-to-earth guy. K & B both said he was one of their favorite guests. I guess at the beginning of the season he told them that towards the end of the year he'd be back on, discussing the Clippers in the playoffs. And he was right.

Personally, I've always thought he resembled Russell Simmons. You be the judge.

Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
java

Post by java »

Darned if Sam does rather resemble Rush...I remember Sam when he was at Florida State...that was a way long time ago :)
jr

Post by jr »

rufus

all im sayin!

nba playas are NOT down to earth
but he puts on a good show??? good to know
robert

Post by robert »

I always thought he looked like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings
java

Post by java »

Goooooooooooooooo Clips!! Beat those Nasty Nuggets!!
jr

Post by jr »

yeah
even though i LOVE my 'melo......
i will root for the Clips...

go clips go...
java

Post by java »

89-87!!!!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Playoff bound, eh? Good on 'em....I hope that they go all the way....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

me too, I think it's awesome!
robert

Post by robert »

I was at the game on sat and i will be there tonight. Too bad the cameras dont tilt that high or i would wave to you guys.
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

9 Reasons To Get on the Clippers Bandwagon
Print

Thursday, January 5, 2006 - 12:00 am

Illustration by J.T. Steiny
The Clippers made a surprise bolt out of the gate this season to take the top spot in the Pacific Division. A brief cold streak on the road and some nagging injuries let the Suns edge them out, but with the Lakers, yet again, falling on hard times, it looks like Los Angeles’ “other team” is finally getting the respect it deserves. Here are nine reasons why we should all root for the new home team.

Fear the Other ’Fro: Shaun Livingston Every team needs a young phenom to carry the mantle for the future, and the Clippers have that in Livingston, the 20-year-old, 6-foot-7 point guard out of Peoria, Illinois. Sure, he’s been injured off and on for the last few years and most of this season — hell, the kid is still going through puberty — but he’s playing behind veteran Sam Cassell, averaging almost 8 points a game and has a mean-ass fadeaway jumper that reminds me of some other once-young phenom who plays for another Los Angeles team. Just bring back the ’fro, Shaun.

And the Best-Dressed Award Goes to...Peep James Singleton’s knee-high tube socks during game day. The Clippers have style. Almost every Clipper rocks a headband, their center has hair like a hesher and GM Elgin Baylor dresses like Bill Cosby. The Clippers remind me of the Bad News Bears, which is a sincere compliment.

Good Show The Clippers are fun to watch. Remember when Phil Jackson’s zazen-conceived triangle offense was like watching a choreographed Yuen Wo Ping combination? Well, neither do I. But when I was at the Clippers-Cavaliers game a few weeks ago, I got that “Showtime” feeling again. Whereas the Lakers’ entire offense — give the ball to Kobe, pass to Kobe and, when all else fails, throw an awkward lob to Kobe — is ugly sports and boring to boot, the Clippers’ movement is fluid. They pass plenty, make nice drives, and sometimes score spectacularly. With Cuttino Mobley and Sam Cassell, the Clippers’ transition game is only getting smoother.

They Need UsWith the Clippers on top, Staples Center is packed for big games, but the crowd seems lost. There’s excitement, but it’s almost an unsure “we still wish we were at a Lakers game” feeling. Like, who the fuck just scored that basket? And since the hard-working Clippers aren’t the dead-obvious, flashy, asshole Lakers of yesteryear, many Angelenos are confused. Still, in my informal polls, people would rather see Cuttino Mobley drain it from the wing than watch Von Wafer lace up his shoes some more.

Keep Reading

C. Mag & Cro-MagThough he’s on the injured list for the next month, it’s always fun to see Corey Maggette — C. Mag — have a good game. ’Nuff said. But last time I was at Staples, the guy who impressed me the most was Chris Kaman, the Cro-Magnon-looking center, who I’ve given the nom du sport Fire! — as in the eureka moment when our prehistoric ancestors sought and discovered the elusive and magical element. Fire! After getting a thorough beat-down at the hands of Zydrunas Ilgauskas during the Cavs game last month, Fire! came correct against them the next night with 12 points and 19 boards. (Looks like Fire! took a look at Ilgauskas’ $55 million contract and decided to start playing.) I even heard recently that Fire! is taking up the crossbow. I shit you not.

Elton Brand Night after night, season after season, E.B. plays tough. It used to be hard to watch his great efforts go to waste. He’d put up numbers only to have the team dump in the last five minutes of the fourth. Now E.B. has backup, and the Clipps are winning most of those games down the stretch. That’s why I asked Santa for an Elton Brand jersey for Hanukkah. Um, Santa? I’m still waiting.

Tickets Are Cheap and PlentifulFor the price of a movie, you can go to a Clippers game. Lakers tix are still through the roof, although after two years of Kobe-ball, ticket promotions are starting to pop up. Can you imagine discounts during Shaq days?

That Dude in the Blue and Red Suit If you’ve been to a game, you know who I am talking about. He’s the guy dressed like Two-Face in the Batman movies. He’s always yelling “Go Clippers!” and dancing in the aisles. I think I once saw him starting a “wave.” A fan’s fan in a city of fakers, dayenu.

More Blue Than Red The Clippers air their games on Air America KTLK-AM 1150. Progressive basketball at its finest!
-tom

gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

robert wrote:I was at the game on sat and i will be there tonight. Too bad the cameras dont tilt that high or i would wave to you guys.

I hear that the beer is better at that altitude...it's a win win, Booobert....;)
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
jr

Post by jr »

go clips...
robert
give melo a shout out for me
but then kick his ass anyway

;-)
have fun
robert

Post by robert »

jr wrote:go clips...
robert
give melo a shout out for me
but then kick his ass anyway

;-)
have fun
At the end of the last game, some guys started yelling "Marsh -Melo, cause he's soft." I will think of you when i hear that tonight. :)
jr

Post by jr »

throw him some love from the OC
ahahahaha
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

-tom

jr

Post by jr »

i love it!!!

hey i have some funny news for you robert...
pray that the clippers play the lakers in the 2nd round...

ahahahhahaha
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

notice the guy behind him is Gene Simmons, they have that car in the IRL, too bad they don't have Danica Patrick
-tom

jr

Post by jr »

look at the beautiful smile!!!! :D
robert

Post by robert »

I am curious about that news...

I think 'Melo is a good guy.... as long as he isnt playing the Clips in the playoffs. My voice is hoarse from yelling all night last night.

2-0 and ready to go.
jr

Post by jr »

it involves fans
it is cool
not too exciting
but fun just the same
java

Post by java »

2-0!!!!