Indie threatens to sue a little guy

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

gidgetgoestohell

Indie threatens to sue a little guy

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

http://www.littleradio.com/

"INDIE" 103...posers.
Body:
Repost from Dave @ Little Radio:

*******INDIE 103 Threatens to Sue Little Radio********

So guys, INDIE is threatening to sue me. I own indie103.com,
which was originally a stab at Clear Channel's illegal involvement
with Indie. This is a paragraph from the certified letter I got:

"We have also discovered that Little Radio is using a logo or design
mark that copies the design mark that is used by our client for it's
INDIE 103 radio station. Little Radio's use of it's confusingly similar
logo aggravates the confusion of the public caused by your blatant
infringement of our clients INDIE 103 mark. This use also illustrates
Little Radio's bad faith in registering and using indie103.com domain name".

---------------

As I've said all along, if Mark S. or anyone from Indie would have
emailed or asked for the domain, I would've given to them at any time. I
seriously could care less about it. I'm happy to give them the domain,
though I think it's total bullshit that they feel the need to strongarm
me with threatening letters from lawyers in Chicago. Way to spend money
guys!

As far as the logo dispute goes, considering that Shepard Fairey created
both logos, and especially since Shepard was given no direction from me
or anyone @ Little Radio about how the logo should look. INDIE 103 is
threatening to sue me, basically, because Shepard stole from Shepard??
They should look at Shepard's work and take note of his "style" not to be
confused with their "mark"

wha?

They've given me till Friday to "cease" the use of my logo. Yea, okay.

LA's Only True Independent, My Ass.

Dave

REPOST PLEASE!!!
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

This is the logo that they're pissed about:

that's fuckin retarded
gidgetgoestohell

Oh geez....so they look similar but they are the same....sheesh....whiny little fucktards....
Gidge

gidgetgoestohell

Vandals Get Cease and Desist Order

Sep 30, 2004
The Vandals received a cease and desist order from the magazine whose logo is parodied on the act's latest record' cover.

The Daily Variety ordered the band to stop using the flying V-styled logo on the covers of its Hollywood Potato Chip (2004, Kung Fu), claiming that the logo infringes upon its trademarked logo.

The band says the similarities aren't coincidental at all: The logo was created as a parody of the entertainment-industry rag.

"The theme of our album artwork is a cynical parody of the Hollywood entertainment industry," said the band's Joe Escalante in a statement. "If our logo reminds someone of their logo, it's because their logo is a symbol of the Hollywood entertainment industry that we have a right to parody; the way they would on Saturday Night Live or something. It's just a social comment. Now several months later, they want to cause problems for us, it's pretty sad."

Gidge

LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

I'm torn ......

Variety is wrong and yet..... I hate Joe E.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
gidgetgoestohell

It's funny that Indie's entertainment guru...and notorious stealer of ideas....would maintain this postion while Indie themselves sues some little guy for what they think is too close of an approximation of their logo...the only thing that looks similar to me in the first example is the color scheme...the fonts are different....the graphics are different...to me...it's well..different...
Gidge

LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:It's funny that Indie's entertainment guru...and notorious stealer of ideas....would maintain this postion while Indie themselves sues some little guy for what they think is too close of an approximation of their logo...the only thing that looks similar to me in the first example is the color scheme...the fonts are different....the graphics are different...to me...it's well..different...

you're right, Gidge

You'd have to be seriously STUPID to confuse the Little Radio logo with Indie's.... which explains why Steele & Co. are up in arms over it.
gidgetgoestohell

I have a whole drawer full of Indie stickers just collecting dust....fuck em.....
Gidge

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Can I have one?
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
gidgetgoestohell

You can have them ALL...on one condition...and I believe you know what it is....;)
Gidge

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

St Patrick's day is over. You can paint it a different color now :wink:
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
gidgetgoestohell

My Irish ass is green all year round...I am a Catholic dontcha know....

No....I meant YOU can have them ALL....oh fuckit...I'll tell you at the Grotto.....LOL
Gidge

gidgetgoestohell

Something from Tony Reflex

~Some of this has been posted above.....I just felt that it flowed better without an edit~

call. 877-900-1031

be sure and make a request- ask them to play "fast, f*cked, and furious" by the humpers.

the never ending saga of indiesuxcorporateballs 103 continues. call the morning show and ask them about this stuff here:

PART I (VANDALS) is how the vandals were sued by variety for an alleged logo infringement.

the second part- PART II- is how indiesucksballs103 is suing little radio in the same manner. ask joe escalante if he doesn't see a bitter irony here.......

and from moi:

DON'T BE FOOLED

those 'indie, you are so cool' phone calls you hear in the AM are FAKE and STAGED. They think you are TOO STUPID to hear the truth- that people are calling and complaining-

HEY! pawns at indiesuxballs103- IT'S OK to let the listeners know there is negative feedback- no one expected your AM show to be anything but shit for a few weeks- STOP PLAYING US FOR FOOLS- let us hear the callers that say "you suck, indie"- and if you kiss enough ass for arctic monkeyshit and morissey- sooner or later you'll get .03% of the coveted KROQ audience to defect to your, uh, mighty boring show- and you'll have achieved what you have been trying to achieve- a weak signaled KROQ-Lite station for advertisers and listeners who can't tell that the emperor has no clothes........

and hey steele- for the record- dicky was funny- and fun. your "I CEREATED THE" morning show since then has been consistently BAD- and you can't- for a second- REALLY think that the shit you shovel can measure up to kevin and bean.........and at least they don't deny that they use a playlist......... but hey, keep on telling us you're *INDEPENDENT*- and let your guest djs continue to say and play some of the stupidest crap imaginable. it's hilarious in its banality.

my favorites:

**the "artist" who has softened his art/ attacks on Bush since having a kid and becoming a parent- (apparently the war that GW Bush has dragged our country into- and the harsh reality and expense of 30,000+ iraqi casualties and 3,000+ american casualties can be painted in pastels?!!!!)

**the 'it's cool to play a dingy drunk in the morning party girl' who seriously asked why sgt. peppers went to the library of congress, and not, say, yellow submarine or abbey road? (tell me it's all an act, please. tell me she didn't mean that for real)

** the "comedian" who thought his eastern indian accent/ imitation was funny (it sounded like an ethnic stereotype to me, but so did the entire ireland show)

**the smiths and the cure being referred to as "old school" (old school what? old school shit?)

......oh well, carry on indiesuxcorporateballs103. i'm looking forward to hearing that old dude play his acoustic guitar and warble on about the banality of his lot in between archaic trax by slade and be bop deluxe as your next 'mystery guest'.

PART I
Vandals Get Cease and Desist Order

Sep 30, 2004
The Vandals received a cease and desist order from the magazine whose logo is parodied on the act's latest record' cover.

The Daily Variety ordered the band to stop using the flying V-styled logo on the covers of its Hollywood Potato Chip (2004, Kung Fu), claiming that the logo infringes upon its trademarked logo.

The band says the similarities aren't coincidental at all: The logo was created as a parody of the entertainment-industry rag.

"The theme of our album artwork is a cynical parody of the Hollywood entertainment industry," said the band's Joe Escalante in a statement. "If our logo reminds someone of their logo, it's because their logo is a symbol of the Hollywood entertainment industry that we have a right to parody; the way they would on Saturday Night Live or something. It's just a social comment. Now several months later, they want to cause problems for us, it's pretty sad."

-------------------------------------

PART II

Indie 103 Nastygrams Little Radio Over Logo

posted by Sean Bonner at 12:14 PM on April 19, 2006
OK, this is the craziest thing I've heard all day. Dave from Little Radio (where BarCamp was hosted) just posted a comment on this entry about Shepard Fairey hosting a show on Indie 103 stating that he just received a nastygram from Indie 103's lawyers about his logo saying it looked too much like theirs. Here's the trick, Shepard designed them both. Here's his full comment:

So guys, INDIE is threatening to sue me. I own indie103.com, which was originally a stab at Clear Channel's illegal involvement with Indie. This is a paragraph from the certified letter I got:
"We have also discovered that Little Radio is using a logo or design mark that copies the design mark that is used by our client for it's INDIE 103 radio station. Little Radio's use of it's confusingly similar logo aggravates the confusion of the public caused by your blatant infringement of our clients INDIE 103 mark. This use also illustrates Little Radio's bad faith in registering and using indie103.com domain name".

As I've said all along, if Mark S. or anyone from Indie would have emailed or asked for the domain, I would've given to them at any time. I seriously could care less about it. I'm happy to give them the domain, though I think it's total bullshit that they feel the need to strongarm me with threatening letters from lawyers in Chicago. Way to spend money guys!

As far as the logo dispute goes, considering that Shepard Fairey created both logos, and especially since Shepard was given no direction from me or anyone @ Little Radio about how the logo should look. INDIE 103 is threatening to sue me, basically, because Shepard stole from Shepard?? They should look at Shepard's work and take note of his "style" not to be confused with their "mark"

wha?

They've given me till Friday to "cease" the use of my logo. Yea, okay.

LA's Only True Independent, My Ass.

-------------------------------------

God, what the hell is up with Indie these days? They couldn't maintain the veil of actually being a good station with unique content, entertaining DJs, and a sense of being about the music? Was it too difficult for them to keep up the act any longer so they had to let their true colors show?

Posted by: James Cooper at April 19, 2006 01:31 PM

I guess Indie must be planning on dropping a mean note to people like Virgin Megastore and the Black Eyed Peas as well.

Posted by: 5000! at April 20, 2006 09:01 AM
Gidge

LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

I think this needs to go to Indie's sponsors!

Looks like I'll be doing some mailing this weekend..........

:mrgreen:
gidgetgoestohell

Wooo hooo LAtaurus...I am glad that we are friends and on the same side....;)
Gidge

LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

they haven't heard from me in a couple of weeks... I'm sure they've missed me!!! :lol:
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Dont be surprised when we find out that Little Radio is acually owned by Viacom.

:?
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

:lol: