Indie bands on TV

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

assholitis

Indie bands on TV

Post by assholitis »

Did anyone happen to catch The Futureheads on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Friday night, I believe? They performed Decent Days and Nights, and were bumped off the previous night because the show ran longer than expected. I've never seen them before so it was nice to finally put some faces to the song I've been hearing for a while now.

Also, every Monday night for the past couple weeks MTV "spotlights" a band throughout the 10 o'clock hour by playing snippets of songs from upcoming albums/bands. A few weeks ago it was Hot Hot Heat and this week is Bloc Party. I know BP has been getting a lot of airplay and buzz lately so if there's any fans here, you can see clips from their videos and album tonight at 10.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Watch Subteranean on MTV2, it's on Sunday nights at midnight on cable and 9pm on DirecTV, last night they had Louis XIV as guests, and damn are those guys butt ugly. Last week it was M83 and the week prior to him was Death From Above 1979.

-tom
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Psh, I wish. Adelphia (my cable provider) decided to be dicks a while back and make MTV 2 a pay channel along with Fuse and a host of other cool channels. And all that after taking like 5 years just to finally get MTV 2 on their system.

Have you caught this show Refused TV yet? Indie has been playing ads for it for a couple weeks now. It's on 11 pm tonight on KJLA 16 where I live, but it varies from city to city. If you go to http://tv.yahoo.com/
you can check and see what channel it is where you live. I keep forgetting to watch but it's supposed to be pretty good videos without all the commercial b.s. Tonight's special host is The Soundtrack of Our Lives. I'll let you know how it is if I can actually remember to watch tonight.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Kev:

I hate Adelphia!!! Doan get me goin' on Adelphia....they are even worse than BofA....oh boy oh boy ~wiping spittle from the corner of her foaming mouth~
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

haha Yes. I forget you live in Guada La Habra. I not only have Adelphia as my cable provider, I also have Adelphia's "high speed, reliable" Powerlink internet service. Thus, they get to ream me twice a day. :lol: If the picture on my TV isn't scrambled then its my internet going down due to updates. I just had them come out and fix my modem Saturday actually. :evil: The repariman was actually quite knowledgeable and cool, though. He was a big German stud. I should've sent him over to your place to uh...service your unit.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

servicing

Post by MicheBel »

<-----------perks up

Big German studs?

What, you don't remember MY address?

<pouts>

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

But you live all the way out in LA. He would've needed some incentive to drive a whole hour. Maybe I should've showed him your rotten tomatoes account? :wink:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

incentive

Post by MicheBel »

Sure. There's a breast picture there. What more does ANY man need as incentive? I ask you! :wink:

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

So I caught Refused TV Monday night. Although it is mostly independent and underground bands, that's not always a good thing. lol I wasn't into some of the music and some of the videos looked really poorly put together. I know most of 'em were on a limited budget seeing as they were indie, but I'd rather just listen to the songs in that case.
I did finally catch the QOTSA video for Little Sister and also I saw a band that I really enjoyed called Midnight Movies. The song, called Mirage, felt totally familiar and I wondered if it was a Check One...Two band. Sure enough, after digging through Indie's archives, I found that they're one of the bands Shovel played for a while in rotation, like the Blood Arm. The thing that caught my eye about Midnight Movies is that the lead singer is a female...and their drummer? The last time I saw a lead singer who played drums was that band who sang What I Like About You.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

The Romantics....He banged the shit out of his kit on that vid, didn't he? He looked alot like the drummer for Shattered Faith (RIP), Richard Katchedoorian.....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~