Had to share this...

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

assholitis

Had to share this...

Post by assholitis »

Okay, I think I have a new favorite mashup. A DJ by the name of Team 9 had the insight to combine Graham Coxon's awesome Freakin' Out with Belinda Carlisle's Heaven is a Place on Earth. lol

http://www.team9.net/mp3/team9%20-%20be ... %20out.mp3

And Miche, I found one of Elvis Costello vs. Alicia Keyes. Thought you might enjoy it. :)

http://www.team9.net/mp3/team9%20-%20no ... 20army.mp3

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

You are our new mashup master!
Wow, those are really good!!!!! The Keys/Costello one is so cute!!!!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Yeah. Miche is a huge Elvis fan, so when I found that one I just had to post it. BTW, have you heard the Tupac/Frankie Valli one yet? I know you hate 2Pac, but this version is really really good. I think I'm going to make it my unofficial theme song. I shall have it play every time I enter a room.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahaha
Do you mean the one you posted earlier with Snoop?
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Word, g. 8) It's still in the In Between thread I believe if you wanna check-ch-ch-ch-check it out.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I did hear it, I thought I said I liked it. I did like it, but couldn't love it. Now that Modern Age vs. Chemical Bros. I just can't get over, it's almost like hearing the song for the first time, so amazing!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

Elvis Rules

Post by MicheBel »

Thanks Kev. I needed to hear a little more Elvis today.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

kevin!!!!! Check your inbox for that link. Category 5 song 8!!!! Wipeout w/ Aqua's Barbie Girl, Offspring's "pretty Fly for a white Guy", SP's Anarchy in the UK, THE UMPA LUMPA SONG!!! The candy man Can song and some Monkey's and 80's songs including Stevie Wonder???? oooh The Bee Gees, Nirvana, Mooney Soozuki... and many more i might have missed!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

same song, i hear the safety dance, that "talkin' 'bout my generation" song and berlin's Take my breath away!
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Not song 8. song 9!!!!!!
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Whoa, as soon as I saw Pixies Gigantic, I clicked it. Usually I'm not a fan of people mashing up classic songs like this, but it sounds really good. I'm telling you, this is my new favorite site. I sent an email with the link to Chuck P and TK. Chuck thought the 2Pac/Frankie Valli was hilarious.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Yeah, I have a new hobby, this stuff is amzing.. So, you like that site? It's awesome!!!!!!!! There's this great marley song too!
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Let's see, I can also decipher Disco Inferno, Davie Bowie's Let's Dance, I Just Called to Say I Love You (the Stevie song you mentioned), Depehce Mode's Just Can't Get Enough (God this song is PERFECT for mashing), Iggy Pop's Lust for Life, and UB40's Red Red Wine. Phew, there were so many songs in such a short amount of time - I'm out of breath! :shock:

Thanks for the link.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

WOW, good job Kevin!!!! Yeah, I caught Red Red Wine the 2nd time I heard it... we forgot Eminem's The Real Slim Shady! That song is crazy!
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

and you're welcome... you'll be surprised if you browse through the entire collection, I'm not done yet.
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Category 13, song 7 features Beastie boys Intergalactic Planetary, soooo good!
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Now we know what to do to torture Annie...take away her mash-ups!!! Bwahahahahahhahahaha..EVIL....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Good one Kevin!

Remember the collection of intros I found yesterday (with the umpa-loompas)? Well, that was Intro Inspection 2..... I found Intro Inspection 1!!!! Apparently it's all 1 big mash-up, so big that it got cut up into parts.... here's the complete version and it's sooooooo gooooood!

http://bitter.cream.org/audio/mp3/osymy ... ection.mp3

Let's see who we can spot! I get a head start!
The Beatles' "Hey Jude," The Righteous Brothers "Unchained Melody," The Beach Boys' "I Get Around," Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody," Bob Marley's "No Woman, No Cry," Bran Van 3000's "Drinking in LA," Elvis "Houndog," Nena "99 Luftballoons," Britney Spears "Baby One More Time," The Cure's "The Lovecats," Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side," Spandau Ballet's "True," Spice girls song about 'tell me what you want' Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five's "The Message," "Come on Eileen," Fatboy Slim's "Praise You," "I Heard it Through the Grapevine," Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You," "I Will Survive," The Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)," The Kinks' "You Really Got Me," Guns n Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine," Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," The Doors' "The End"
I hear other stuff like that 'ta-ta-ta-da-ta-ta-ta-da" song and the pink panther song, some Duran Duran too and some 2 pac? oh and that "oh yeah" song that plays on Ferris Beullers Day Off.
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Oh and that song Carlton used to dance to in Fresh Prince Of Bell Air. :P
Sinatra "I did it My Way"
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol WOW, that's a lot of songs. That's like twice as many as introinspection 2 had. I'm going to check that out right now.

Did you hear the Britney Spears vs. Pixies song? It's on that same page. It's under !!! SFMC EXCLUSIVES (Plus) April 2005!!!
Track 9. Team 9 - Me Against the Monkey.

Funny you should mention the "oompa loompa" song, cause that's what I'm listening to right now. It reminds me of the time on the Simpsons when Marge visited the candy factory.

Homer: Wait! YOU went to a sugar factory? Were there Oompa Loompas?
Marge: There was one in a cage. But he wasn't moving. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahahaha, crazy Homer!
I have to make this clear now. This complete version is Intro-Inspection. Yesterday's was actually Into-Expansion 2, which as the name suggests is an expansion of the songs on the last part of Intro-Inspection. Okay, I also found Intro-Expansion 1, which is the first part, songs being expanded. This one may be my favorite yet, because it has big chunks of the good stuff and it mixes more smoothly than 2.

http://bitter.cream.org/audio/mp3/osymy ... sion01.mp3
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Oh wow, and I just got done listening to the 12 minute clip of the other intro 1, the fake intro 1, I guess. lol

Some songs that I picked up that I didn't see you mention (and there weren't many else, lemme tell ya. ha) were:

I think the guitar intro is Wild Thing, Lionel Richie - Hello, Soft Cell - Tainted Love, Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Eye of the Tiger, Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want, INXS - Need You Tonight (how good does this sound mashed with Come On Eileen?!), Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax, Human League - Don't You Want Me Baby?, Shaft theme song, Dee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart (intro), Duran Duran - Reflex, Rolling Stones - Satisfaction, Prodigy - Firestarter, Baz Luhrman - Everybody's Free (that sunscreen speech), Madonna - Like a Prayer, ABBA - Take a Chance, Chaka Kahn - I Feel For You, Huey Lewis & the New s - Power of Love, Michael Jackson - Bad, Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner, Petshop Boys - West End Girls, Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman, Israelites, Snap - I Got the Power, Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual, Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Good...give or take a few. :D

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

That song is so Insane, and the expansion versions too.
I found a Snoop Dog and Pharell VS. Death Cab for Cutie. Let me find it again and you can hear it.
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Annie, my mashup friend. I check Indie's mashup download section and they have extended it quite a bit. First off, there's actually a picture now of the DJ, Paul V, who spins the mashups. He has the top 5 links to websites where you can get some.

http://www.culturedeluxe.com/newrelease ... May%202005

That one's pretty good. It has a song Paul V did called Mommie Dearest, where he threw together about 30 different songs with "mom" "mother" "mama" etc. in the title.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Awesome, i hadn't seen that. i have some team9 mashups and gohome productions might be one of the best mashup sites, i use it al the time.
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

he's goofy looking!
-Julian Casablancas