I hate reality shows...

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

Would you watch this show?

Yes
14%
No
29%
Gooch is nuts and its no wonder why her cat Bela attacks the innocent
57%

Total votes: 7

Gooch

I hate reality shows...

Post by Gooch »

but I'm sooooo watching this one!!!

Claws Could Be Out on Cat Reality Show
Fri Jun 09, 9:16 AM ET

The fur really could fly on TV's latest reality entry: It stars cats. Ten felines, picked from animal shelters nationwide, will live in a New York house to vie a la "Big Brother" or "Survivor" for a grand prize, in this instance an executive-level job with Meow Mix cat food.

"This thing is very tongue-in-cheek," Ira Cohen, the company's director of advertising and marketing, said Thursday.

The project will be shown in three-minute segments in the 9 p.m. EDT hour Friday on the Animal Planet channel for 10 consecutive weeks, starting June 16. It had yet to be decided if the segments from the Webcam-equipped "Meow Mix House" on Madison Avenue will air at the same time each night.

The spots, which Cohen said he preferred to call "a program within a program" rather than commercials, are intended as an eye-catching marketing tool for Meow Mix. But they're also aimed at increasing awareness of the importance of pet adoptions, Cohen said.

June represents a key adoption period for kittens born in the spring. There also is an ongoing need for homes for older cats, he said.

The Meow Mix House cats, from shelters or rescue groups such as the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in New York, Touched by an Animal in Chicago and Kitten Rescue in Los Angeles, will themselves be gaining new homes.

As the cats are put through their weekly paces in contests including best purr and top post-climber, a panel of judges will decide who stays and who goes. When a cat is voted out, it will move to a permanent home and get a year's supply of Meow Mix as a consolation prize.

Two winners will be chosen, one by judges and one by viewers in online voting, Cohen said. The judges' choice will get a new family and the title of Meow Mix's "feline vice president of research and development," the company said.

Another corporate position, as yet unspecified, will go to the cat voted most popular.

In voiceovers accompanying the kitty action, the cats will be given personalities as crafted by advertising copywriters. Some may be shy, but the Los Angeles and New York cats could turn out to be real glamour pusses, Cohen said.

The Animal Planet channel is operated by Discovery Communications Inc., which is owned by Discovery Holding Co., Cox Communications Inc., Advance/Newhouse Communications Inc. and Discovery founder John Hendricks.

___

On the Net:

http://www.MeowMixHouse.com

In this undated photo released by the Meow Mix shelter, cats, from left, Zen, from Chicago, sleeping on the couch; Jo, from St. Louis, on the rug; and Romeo, from Los Angeles, under the table; relax on the set of the feline reality show "The Meow Mix House." The cats are among 10 shelter cats nationwide who have traveled to New York to live in a custom built house on Madison Avenue and compete in a Big Brother-type reality show from June 13 to 23. (AP Photo/Meow Mix, Keith Fernbach)
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Guess how I voted???? :D
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Guess how I voted???? :D
Hehehe :D
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
rotter

Post by rotter »

you've got to be kiddin..... :lol:
jr

Post by jr »

i dont like cats
12 bellz... YOU DO UNDERSTAND??!!
July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

Too bad honey and bunny aren't eligable - they'd kick ass... If they ever came out from under the bed...
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
LATaurus

Post by LATaurus »

jr wrote:i dont like cats
something else we have in common, jr

although I do like funny cat pictures :D
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

July Cleaver wrote:Too bad honey and bunny aren't eligable - they'd kick ass... If they ever came out from under the bed...
July...I don't know how to say this, so I'm just going to say it....they would need a wide angle camera to get your cats in the picture, actually let me rephrase that, cat...even then, they're so big that I doubt you'd see anything but white the whole time...
~running behind Trixie~
~Gooch

July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

You are officially on Bunny's boo boo list... Honey, could give a crap, but Bunny likes to think that her bobbed tail gives a slimming effect - and is quite bothered by your comments... Oh, yeah, and I think she clawed your birthday present - and she pee'd on your birthday card.
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
shloemoe

Post by shloemoe »

CATS R KOOL!!!!...lions and tigers writ small.....let's see tell a tiger that!

huh?......Huh?
Shloemoe has gone. Adieu...Adieu!