94.9 Street Team Promotion - Nine Inch Nails

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

94.9 Street Team Promotion - Nine Inch Nails

Post by obiwankobe »

Here's an email I got from 94.9 this afternoon. A contest about how much you love NIN. In some of the other forum it was asked in 94.9 has a "Street Team" they do except they call it "The Insiders". This link should allow you to sign up for it. It's free.
http://www.fm949sd.com/station/insiders1.cfm

-tom

Hey Tom,

Strap in...Trent is about to take you for a ride.

Are you San Diego's biggest Nine Inch Nails fan?

If you think you are; tell us in 50 words or less why we should pick you for an incredible NIN prize. This is so freaking amazing that I'm going to keep it a secret until we pick a winner. I will give you one hint though, you better be able to to leave town on Saturday, May 21st and plan on going to both NIN shows at SOMA at the end of the month. Did I pique your interest? Then click the link below, give me some information about yourself and convince me that you're FM 94/9's biggest NIN fan.

Click here if you think you're FM 94/9's biggest NIN fan.

All entries must be received by noon on Tuesday, May 10th. A winner will be selected and notified on Wednesday, May 11th.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Owen - FM 94/9 Promotions

PS I'm serious about the 50 words. If you go over, I'm throwing out your entry. And, I will check your spelling and grammar.

If you have problems clicking the link to enter the contest, paste the following URL into your web browser:

http://www.fm949sd.com/station/NINFAN.cfm

http://www.fm949sd.com/station/insiders1.cfm
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I'm sorry I missed the part where ths had something to do with Indie 103.1.....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

they were fighting about DJs Miche & Kristi I think, and then they were asking each other if 94.9 had a Street Team and they said no, however that is not true
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

ah, it all somehow makes sense now?
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

end of a rotten week

Post by MicheBel »

Boy are people misreading shit I write these days!

I KNOW that 94.9 has a Street Team called Insiders, cause I'm one of them. Sheesh.

And Kristee is on the rampage about who knows what.

Just don't mention 94.9, Halloran or say anything bad about Dicky, and I think you'll be fine.

Me, I'm so glad it's Friday.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

That doesn't leave me with a whole lot left. geez... oh well, let's just go talk about midgets!

-tom
-tom

MicheBel

AHA!

Post by MicheBel »

Midget hookers! now there's a subject we can all get behind!

Er, so to speak...

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

obiwankobe wrote:That doesn't leave me with a whole lot left. geez... oh well, let's just go talk about midgets!

-tom
Miget wrestlers or midget hookers?
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Midget Tegan and Sara impersonatiing wrestleing hookers!!!!!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

oh yeah baby

Post by MicheBel »

I think Annie's got it down! She managed to encapsulate everything that's wonderful about Indie in one sentence. If only she could've worked "Jonesy" in there, she'd really have it.

--Miche
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

*Annie* wrote:Midget Tegan and Sara impersonatiing wrestleing hookers!!!!!
Perfect.

Also Annie I must insist that you change your quote. We don't use the "B" word around here. Dio we?
MicheBel

swear this

Post by MicheBel »

Yeah, we all say BIATCH! ;-)

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Julian and I do!
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I see the synergy here, I don't like Dicky; ya'll don't like Tegan & Sara. You defend Dicky. I defend Tegan & Sara. So with out bringing in an arbatrator I will listen to Dicky for a week (since you all think he's great) and you listen to some Tegan & Sara (since I think their great). If you don't like them then I respect that (not just judging them for Walking w/a Ghost), and if I don't like Dicky you respect that. Who knows we all might find someting that we like that we didn't think we would. And as a caveat there will be no "I told you so's".

-tom

Article on Sunday Cochella from LA Times (denote bolded part)

POP MUSIC
Festival-goers find kinship in desert
*Sunday's show offered a memorable series of sounds passionate and quirky.

By Steve Appleford, Special to The Times

"Did everyone see a show today you're going to remember the rest of your lives?"

That wasn't an unfair question from indie-rapper Aesop Rock, addressing a Sunday night crowd at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. He wasn't performing on the main stage, but the New Yorker clearly understood it's not headliners alone that make the annual festival in the desert a worthwhile destination for connoisseurs of rock, hip-hop and dance music.

Fans also have come to trust Coachella as a place to sample a sometimes overwhelming range of rising new acts. And just like the opening day's lineup (with the Raveonettes, the Kills, etc.), Sunday offered a memorable series of sounds passionate and quirky, from the perfect pop of Tegan & Sara and Aesop's riveting beats to an unexpected cabaret-punk rendition of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" by the Dresden Dolls.

Not every performance Sunday will be remembered for the rest of anyone's life. But there is a reason fans make plans to attend Coachella even before a lineup has been announced: the confidence that they'll get searing new sounds by cutting-edge artists and face time with this season's buzz bands and aspiring next big things.

Kasabian stepped up from its recent underwhelming Los Angeles show with a performance that was explosive and a much more convincing sales pitch for its retro Manchester psychedelia. The songwriting hooks need some refining within its otherwise fully realized sound, but the band delivered an hour set that at least explained some of the hype back in England.

One Sunday highlight was Tegan & Sara, twin sisters from Canada who have mastered a stirring blend of indie rock, folk and pop, with slashing acoustic guitars and words of deep emotion and searching.

Another good sign: As Tegan & Sara's set rolled on, their crowd grew larger and larger.

The Fiery Furnaces greeted the midafternoon sun with eccentric pop experimentation, even if it didn't always translate for the uninitiated in the open space at Coachella. But songs unfolded quickly, like a jagged, playful kaleidoscope of early punk, both minimal and strange, as singer Eleanor Friedberger stamped her foot and barely paused between lyrics.

The Bravery played to a packed audience in the Mojave tent, performing songs from its namesake debut album, including the radio hit "Honest Mistake." They were led by singer Sam Endicott, resplendent in spiky pompadour and a black motorcycle jacket he kept on for most of the sweltering set, even as the band's laptop wilted in the heat, causing some delays in the performance early on.

It was more rehash from the '80s (think the Smiths and the Cure), but the sometimes-gloomy pop was always energetic and eager to connect, if not quite something for the ages.
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I like Tegan and Sara from the only 3 songs I have heard. I actually do like Walking with a Ghost and in the Yahoo group, I argued they could keep playing Tegan and Sara if they stoped torturing me with all that Green Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

The Tegans

Post by MicheBel »

Hey Tom--

While we are sitting here clearing up what we like and don't like, please allow me to clarify. I love girl groups. I love bands from Canada. I'm pretty sure I would love a LOT of what Tegan and Sara does.

However, I'm bloody sick to death of Walking With a Ghost.

I'm NOT a ghost, I'm right here, damn you all! Right here.

<---------------waves

Oh, and the big secret of that song? The person is NOT REALLY out of the person's mind. They are just saying that. ;-)

Just wanted to clarify. heh.
--Miche :lol:
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

It appears that there is a roadmap to the peace process in place.

I however must insist that everybody "must" like The Wedding Present. Even if you don't like The Wedding Present, you must at least say that you " do"like the Wedding Present.
MicheBel

love love love

Post by MicheBel »

Oh what the hell. I'm agreeing with everyone today.

Once and for all:

I love DICKY BARRETT.

I love Tegan and Sara, even Walking with a Ghost.

Most of all, I love the bloody Wedding Present.

Now is everyone happy?

--Miche
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Wow, miche. I dodn't know you could be so nice.

:lol:
MicheBel

nice Miche

Post by MicheBel »

Darlin, you have NO idea.

I'm all full of joy and goodness this week.

--Miche
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

cool
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hey new T&S avatar!
-Julian Casablancas