Long-awaited sunscreen approved for sale

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

2 hours, 40 minutes ago

A sunscreen that blocks the type of ultraviolet radiation linked to some cancers, and which has been available only outside the United States, received federal approval Monday.

Called Anthelios SX, the sunscreen contains ecamsule, an ingredient better at blocking ultraviolet A, or UVA, radiation than other sunscreen ingredients currently sold in the United States. Those ingredients mainly screen out UVB rays.

UVB has long been associated with sunburn, while UVA is recognized as a deeper penetrating radiation, according to the Food and Drug Administration. Doctors suspect there is a link between UVA exposure and longer-term effects, including wrinkles, basal and squamous cell cancers and melanoma.

Anthelios is made by the French cosmetics company L'Oreal SA. It has a sun protection factor or SPF of 15.

The sunscreen contains three active ingredients, including ecamsule or Mexoryl SX. Mexoryl has been included in the company's sunscreens sold in Canada and Europe since 1993.

LaRoche-Posay will distribute the product, the FDA said.

___

On the Net:

Food and Drug Administration: http://www.fda.gov/

L'Oreal USA: http://www.lorealusa.com/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Yay!!!! Does this mean that my dream of being white again, just may come true?!?!?! I will no longer have to live as a coconut?!?!?!
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
jr

Post by jr »

i want to be a coconut... my daughter is a lovely shade of tan... im dayglo...
whats up wit dat?
12 bellz... YOU DO UNDERSTAND??!!
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

i get sun burned at night
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

I wear my sunglasses at night. :D
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I wanna pena colada and a new pair of sunglasses....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Gooch wrote:Yay!!!! Does this mean that my dream of being white again, just may come true?!?!?! I will no longer have to live as a coconut?!?!?!
Hey, embrace your outer coconut! In Annie's abscence, we're the only brown ones around these parts nowadays.
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Hey hey hey now....I have a black heart.....doesn't that count for something?????
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

assholitis wrote:
Gooch wrote:Yay!!!! Does this mean that my dream of being white again, just may come true?!?!?! I will no longer have to live as a coconut?!?!?!
Hey, embrace your outer coconut! In Annie's abscence, we're the only brown ones around these parts nowadays.
I can't seem to get brown enough, I tan regularly in the summer... it's like a contest to me. HOW DARK CAN I GET!?!

Oh yeah... I'm back!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas