Awesome news!!!

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

The Rizen shloemoe

Awesome news!!!

Post by The Rizen shloemoe »

Great news "Futurama" fans! Comedy Central has ordered 13 new
episodes(June -06)...No release schedule yet but it looks like the
folks at Planet Express are back in business!!!!!

here's a shot of the cast upon hearing the news....

Dont forget to drink Slurm!!!

And dont tell Shloemoe you dont like Futurama!!!
Having abandoned my search for truth,
I am now looking for a good fantasy.
--Anonymous Internet Sage

...Some men...ya just can't reach...
--The Captain from "Cool Hand Luke"
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

I like it better now then I did when it was first on. I guess it grew on me. I'll look forward to seeing the new ones.
On the subject of re-cycled shows, Sci-fi showed a 11 hour marathon of "Firefly" yesterday. I missed a couple but I really enjoyed seeing them again. I was a fan originally but I like the show even more since the "Serenity" film :D
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
The Rizen shloemoe

Firefly?...vot?... vot iz dis "firefly"...shloemoe not hear "firefly"?

oh...the Futurama episodes wont be out till -08....D'oh!

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Sci-fi/western series originally aired in 2002 created by Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) that Fox cancelled before showing the entire season. It has developed a cult following which led to a DVD release of the entire series & the feature film "Serenity"(2005). The movie dropped most of the western atmosphere in favor of a more standard sci-fi action-oriented story. It answered many of the questions left hanging by the early cancellation of the show & provided closure to it's many devoted fans. Here is a short sypnosis -
Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, mobile, spacecraft (Firefly class) tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them. Captain Malcom 'Mal' Reynolds is a former galactic war veteran who is the captain of the transport ship "Serenity". He & his crew of hired transporters, Mal's ensign Zoe Warren, Zoe's husband, pilot Hoban 'Wash' Washburne, muscular former combat soldier Jayne Cobb, young mechanic Kaylee Frye, former Alliance medical officer Simon Tamm, his teenage sister River (Both on-the-run from the Interplanetary government "The Alliance"), professional "companion" Inara Serra and religious man Shepard Book do legal or illegal jobs (smuggling, protecting, guns-for-hire, robberies) as the Serenity crew travels across the outskirts of Outer Space for food, money, anything to make a living on. The Serenity crew tries to stay under the radar of The Alliance while also avoiding the packs of roaming Reivers - violent, cannibalistic mutant humanoids
The Rizen shloemoe

RobertKP wrote:Sci-fi/western series originally aired in 2002 created by Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) that Fox cancelled before showing the entire season. It has developed a cult following which led to a DVD release of the entire series & the feature film "Serenity"(2005). The movie dropped most of the western atmosphere in favor of a more standard sci-fi action-oriented story. It answered many of the questions left hanging by the early cancellation of the show & provided closure to it's many devoted fans. Here is a short sypnosis -
Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, mobile, spacecraft (Firefly class) tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them. Captain Malcom 'Mal' Reynolds is a former galactic war veteran who is the captain of the transport ship "Serenity". He & his crew of hired transporters, Mal's ensign Zoe Warren, Zoe's husband, pilot Hoban 'Wash' Washburne, muscular former combat soldier Jayne Cobb, young mechanic Kaylee Frye, former Alliance medical officer Simon Tamm, his teenage sister River (Both on-the-run from the Interplanetary government "The Alliance"), professional "companion" Inara Serra and religious man Shepard Book do legal or illegal jobs (smuggling, protecting, guns-for-hire, robberies) as the Serenity crew travels across the outskirts of Outer Space for food, money, anything to make a living on. The Serenity crew tries to stay under the radar of The Alliance while also avoiding the packs of roaming Reivers - violent, cannibalistic mutant humanoids
No!...I never heard of it....I dont watch Sci/fi network much...Sounds like
stargate a bit(which I can't really get into much)..but yeah we love what we love....i know that story!

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

No, not much like Stargate. I don't watch that either. This is more about the renegades than the military. Good characters & often funny but if you don't like sci-fi, then you probably wouldn't like it.
The Rizen shloemoe

well I'll have to look out fer it.