Jonesy needs to come over to KROQ

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

a KROQ spy!

Jonesy needs to come over to KROQ

Post by a KROQ spy! »

If Jonesy came over to KROQ, there would be no stopping us. We would be an Uber-Radio-Station! Jonesy, Jed the Fish, and Rodney would rule the air-waves. Everyone would listen to us to see what the 'new cool' bands are.

Hrm, I wonder how much it would cost to get Jonesy. :twisted:
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I have figured out the true identity of the kroq spy is and will be exposing the perputrator soon.

8)
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I think it is W. Mark Felt aka "Deep Throat"
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
MicheBel

Re: Jonesy needs to come over to KROQ

Post by MicheBel »

a KROQ spy! wrote:If Jonesy came over to KROQ, there would be no stopping us. We would be an Uber-Radio-Station! Jonesy, Jed the Fish, and Rodney would rule the air-waves. Everyone would listen to us to see what the 'new cool' bands are.

First of all, Jonesy can't be bought.

Second of all, you'd have to also take over Mark Sovel and Michael Steele, cause they are the ones with their finger on the pulse of what's hot and groovy. They break the new bands. And they probably can't be bought either.

And you'd also have to take over Chuck P. who's the best engineer and production director around, who also breaks cool new stuff on his show, Dead Air.

Only then would you come CLOSE to replicating the coolness that is Indie. But then we have our secret weapons: Joe Sib and TK and Camp Freddy and Native Wayne and Doc Holiday. To say nothing of Sat Bizla and Danny Masterson.

I guess you might be able to get Jackie, for a hefty fee. She might be willing to play some of your house band, Motley Crue, for you.

As to the others, dream on.
--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Re: Jonesy needs to come over to KROQ

Post by assholitis »

a KROQ spy! wrote:If Jonesy came over to KROQ, there would be no stopping us. We would be an Uber-Radio-Station! Jonesy, Jed the Fish, and Rodney would rule the air-waves. Everyone would listen to us to see what the 'new cool' bands are.

Jonsey would never stay since you guys would ensure that he play your endless supply of shitty music. Furthermore, if you actually did let him play what he wanted, you would put him on during Sunday morning from 3 am to 5 am, right after Rodney on the Roq when no one is even awake and listening. I like how you actually promoted Rodney as being part of the success at KROQ, meanwhile you've thrown him in the midnight spot at Sunday once a week. You need more than money and good DJs to be a good radio station. That's why you'll never get Jonesy, cause he, like everyone here, knows that you'd only exploit him and turn him into the sad story that is the Mayor of Sunset Strip.

And thanks for listening.
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

here here....

I have pleasant memories of KROQ, but that is all that they are...MEMORIES.....It's a sad statement of fact that this station that owes so much of who it is now, shunts Rodney to some ungodly time slot and makes him feel as if he should be GLAD to be on the air.

The powers that be over at that station aren't fit to lick Mr. Bingenheimer's pointy beetle boots.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:here here....

I have pleasant memories of KROQ
Muaha! I KNEW it! You all really love KROQ!

:mrgreen:
gidgetgoestohell

Listen Jackass....I listened to KROQ when your mother was letting you suck on her left tit...that does NOT mean that I listen anymore...pay the fuck attention.....
Gidge

a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Jackass is a term of endearment from your town, yes?
:wink:

We played Ramones and Suicidal for you at lunch. Enjoy, secret KROQ lovers!
gidgetgoestohell

Oh, oui mais du couse. L'âne de mot la plupart d'assurdley est une limite de charme, débile.
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yes, you choose one hour a day to play "flashback" songs. And I'll bet anything that the Ramones song played was probably I Wanna Be Sedated or Blitzkrieg Bop, and the Suicidal Tendencies song was Institutionalized. That's one of many things that sets Indie apart from KROQ of SHIT. Indie devotes all day to playing breaking artists AND classic songs from previous eras that helped inspire the artists of today. And the songs played by the Ramones (and Clash) aren't just limited to the two or three that are already overplayed in advertisements.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

a KROQ spy! wrote:Jackass is a term of endearment from your town, yes?
:wink:

We played Ramones and Suicidal for you at lunch. Enjoy, secret KROQ lovers!
And why on EARTH would anyone listen to KROQ at lunch? We have Jonesy. Jonesy had John Waite.

Is there another station on the dial between 12 and 2pm? I think not.
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
lsinger9404

Post by lsinger9404 »

Don't you guys understand....this is kind of like that episode of Twilight Zone - "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" - where the aliens cause the power to go out which freaks out all the residents on Maple Street. This spy comes in and says some silly things about KROQ and look at us all scrambling to prove them wrong. If this KROQ spy is TRULY some one from "the other side"...there's going to be no convincing otherwise. When you've been brainwashed on a steady diet of Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Metallica, System of a Down, Motley Crue (hey...they DID play at the Weenie Roast)..your brain will turn in to a mush like consistency not unlike Cream of Wheat. There's only so much of the KROQ Kool Aid one can drink before they start believing that the music their corporate station is playing is relevant.

When was the last time you saw an article in a national magazine, read a newspaper article, or saw a TV news piece about how KROQ was changing the face of LA radio???

KROQ WAS the face of LA radio (and not a very pretty one at that). Indie came around and changed the face. Plain and simple.
MicheBel

Indie changing the face of radio!

Post by MicheBel »

Yeah, Indie, as we know, is the future of radio!

--Miche