There's a red house over yonder...

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

The Rizen shloemoe

There's a red house over yonder...

Post by The Rizen shloemoe »

Jimi?.....huh?....Sumtin kinda eeekkk
bout folk what dont like Jimi hendrix.

"S'all right I'll just play my guitar...."

good stuff on the 7th day tonight...

Hendrix, Steeley Dan(not so much), Grand Funk Railroad

Yes they were an American Band

and one more I'll edit in later
Having abandoned my search for truth,
I am now looking for a good fantasy.
--Anonymous Internet Sage

...Some men...ya just can't reach...
--The Captain from "Cool Hand Luke"
chriswasanon

Post by chriswasanon »

Ever since that time I ate a load of mushrooms, fell asleep between the speakers whilst my mate slapped Are you experienced? on the deck and I saw all these - now forbidden - psychedelic colours and waterfalls in my head man, I've lurrrrved Hendrix.

I've never heard "surf music" like that again either, in the end I gave up trying to - wisely...and am just content to now live on this Third Stone from the Sun.

I expect that I have now gone up in certain people estimations and down in others.

Fave Hendrix song Shloemoe?

Sounds like Red House to me.

I like loads and find it v.difficult. Ach lets go for

Hear my Train 'a coming. No what about Little Wing, No how about Wild Thing at Monterey Pop Festival, or Stone Free, or The Wind Cries Mary or Can you see me...or....

CwA
"It is I, the gorrilla of 3b. Nigel Molesworth".
The Rizen shloemoe

chriswasanon wrote:Ever since that time I ate a load of mushrooms, fell asleep between the speakers whilst my mate slapped Are you experienced? on the deck and I saw all these - now forbidden - psychedelic colours and waterfalls in my head man, I've lurrrrved Hendrix.

I've never heard "surf music" like that again either, in the end I gave up trying to - wisely...and am just content to now live on this Third Stone from the Sun.

I expect that I have now gone up in certain people estimations and down in others.

Fave Hendrix song Shloemoe?

Sounds like Red House to me.

I like loads and find it v.difficult. Ach lets go for

Hear my Train 'a coming. No what about Little Wing, No how about Wild Thing at Monterey Pop Festival, or Stone Free, or The Wind Cries Mary or Can you see me...or....

CwA
If I had to pick one?...yeah Red House....when I get
motivated(drunk?) I can find the chords for it...

RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

VH1 has been running a 40th anniversary documentary about the Monterey Pop festival. Pete Townsend talking about how he & the Who were sick & tired of having to follow Hendix in England & refused to follow him again at Monterey. They flipped a coin & Jimi lost. The Who went on first & the Peace & Love Ameican audience who had never seen The Who before thought a riot had broke out when they started smashinf their instruments. Then Hendix came out & humped the speakers & set his guitar on fire. Then the Mamas & Papas, who had organized the festival, had to follow them both to close the show. They hadn't sang together in 3 months & hadn't rehearsed at all but after the shocked of Hendrix & the Who, they were probably a comfort to the hippies before they packed up & left for home. It was a damn good special. I haven't seen the Monterey Pop movie for at least 30 years. Gotta rent that one again.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
The Rizen shloemoe

RobertKP wrote:VH1 has been running a 40th anniversary documentary about the Monterey Pop festival. Pete Townsend talking about how he & the Who were sick & tired of having to follow Hendix in England & refused to follow him again at Monterey. They flipped a coin & Jimi lost. The Who went on first & the Peace & Love Ameican audience who had never seen The Who before thought a riot had broke out when they started smashinf their instruments. Then Hendix came out & humped the speakers & set his guitar on fire. Then the Mamas & Papas, who had organized the festival, had to follow them both to close the show. They hadn't sang together in 3 months & hadn't rehearsed at all but after the shocked of Hendrix & the Who, they were probably a comfort to the hippies before they packed up & left for home. It was a damn good special. I haven't seen the Monterey Pop movie for at least 30 years. Gotta rent that one again.
yeah watched that too...what an age....wish something
new would come along now...but then everything's
allready been invented :? (famous words from the Flintstones)