New Compilation

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

New Compilation

Post by obiwankobe »

The Shins, Interpol Featured on KEXP Compilation

Rob Kleckner reports:
The internet is awesome. I mean, really, you can do everything there: order groceries, talk to people in faraway lands, keep up with Lindsay Lohan's weight and boyfriends, download new music (surreptitiously or otherwise), and, of course, read Pitchfork. You can even listen to radio stations from around the world, which is nice, because unfortunately most stations don't reach beyond their own city, if that far. Before streaming radio feeds, and now satellite radio, moving to a new city meant breaking up with your favorite stations. But these days a long distance relationship is possible.

KEXP 90.3 FM, a Seattle public radio station run through the University of Washington, goes all the way back to 1972 and has been growing and pumpin' out more watts ever since. The station has a great tradition of live performances by a variety of independent artists from around the globe. But if you're a radio purist who insists on tuning in to actual radio waves, not that internet mumbo-jumbo, and you don't live in the Seattle area, then you've been missing out.

But not for much longer! Now, KEXP is set to deliver their first-ever compilation of live in-studio performances. The disc includes contributions from the Shins, Belle & Sebastian, Sonic Youth, the Flaming Lips, My Morning Jacket, Air, Interpol, Snow Patrol, Rilo Kiley, and Ben Gibbard, as well as many more.

Live at KEXP Vol. 1:

01 Sea Ray - "Revelry"
02 The Shins - "Kissing the Lipless"
03 The Stills - "Still in Love Song"
04 Belle & Sebastian - "If She Wants Me"
05 Ben Lee - "No Right Angles"
06 Alexi Murdoch - "Breathe"
07 Michael Franti & Spearhead - "Never Too Late"
08 Sonic Youth - "Unmade Bed"
09 Citizen Cope - "Bullet and a Target"
10 The Blue Scholars - "Blink"
11 Air - "Venus"
12 The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt.1"
13 Joseph Arthur - "Honey and the Moon"
14 My Morning Jacket - "The Way That He Sings"
15 Snow Patrol - "Wow"
16 Interpol - "PDA"
17 Bobby Bare Jr. - "I'll Be Around"
18 Rilo Kiley - "More Adventurous"
19 Benjamin Gibbard - "Recycled Air"

Presently the disc is only available to those who pledge to support KEXP online. However, on August 23, the album will be in record shops in the Seattle market, as well as for order online through the station's site.

Upcoming guests scheduled to appear live on KEXP include Cloud Cult, Sufjan Stevens, Blitzen Trapper, and Athlete. Recent live guests on the station that are not on the compilation include M.I.A., Of Montreal, Sleater-Kinney, British Sea Power, M83, and Okkervil River. Visit KEXP's Webby Award-winning site for more details.

* KEXP: http://www.kexp.org/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley