"Live Freaky, Die Freaky?"

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

"Live Freaky, Die Freaky?"

Post by obiwankobe »

Here's something somebody wrote about the movie:

Have you heard of this movie coming out in the fall, "Live Freaky, Die Freaky?" Apparently it's full of crazy puppets that are freaky and who are voiced by such people as BJ from Green Day, Davey Havok from AFI, and the kid from Good Charlotte who according to legend was wearing a Damned pin and a girl came up to him and pointed to his pin and said "Wow, I love Dave Vanian" or something and the kid said "Who?" because he's stupid as hell and also doesn't know anything.

This movie looks, if nothing else, interesting. Like it was inspired visually by the work of people like Edward Gorey and Tim Burton.

Odd.

Another thing about it:

Rollins plays a judge. It's a satirical movie based on the "Helter Skelter" Manson Family murders and those who were involved. Others involved include Donita Sparks of L7 as Tate, Exene Cervenka as Susan Atkins, Viggo Mortensen as Charles Manson, Ann Magnuson as "Squeaky" Fromme, Joey Ramone as victim Steve Parent, Keith Morris of The Circle Jerks as "Tex" Watson, Matt Freeman of Rancid as Leno LaBianca and Tim Armstrong of Rancid as the narrator. It also feature original music by Sparks and Cervenka, a score by J. Zombie of White Zombie and contributions from Los Angeles bands Woodpussy, Sluts for Hire and Stone Fox.

"It's an anti- religion film," says independent director John Roecker, who co-owns the Silver Lake, California oddity store "You've Got Bad Taste" with Cervenka. "I'm showing that the bible, too, has been misinterpreted. I don't think religion should be used as another instrument to control people. And this is definitely not pro-Manson. Charles wasn't a cool person. But he's a product of society and we created him."

Roecker says the story is set in a post- nuclear war world, 100 years after the Manson murders. When a group of desert nomads find the book Helter Skelter by Manson chief prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi, they assume Manson is the Messiah. As one of the characters reads the book, he replays in his mind all the sordid events and aforementioned characters.

The low-budget Charles Manson... is making use of bright-eyed homemade dolls, a Sony video camcorder for stop-motion, and DAT-recorded voices. Roecker says the film will be completed in six months, and has hopes it will travel to independent film festivals. Presently he is looking for a distributor.

Cast:

- Billy Joe Armstrong
- Tim Armstrong
- Rob Aston
- Travis Barker
- John Doe
- Fat Mike
- Warren Fitzgerald
- Lars Frederiksen
- Matt Freeman
- Josh Freese
- Davey Havok
- Theo Kogan
- Benji Madden
- Joel Madden
- Ann Magnuson
- Vigo Mortensen
- Nick 13
- Brett Reed
- Jason Shmidt
- Janis Tanaka
- Sean Yseult
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

WHOA. That sounds interesting....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

I've been heairng about this movie and when they were supposed to release it for the past 2 years or so now. I've heard full theatrical release, limited independent release, and straight-to-DVD release. They keep changing their minds and dates. My guess is it'll just get released on DVD sometime in the next year or so. Sounds a bit too bizarre for any studio to back it.

http://www.livefreakydiefreaky.com/index2.shtml

Go there and you choose "cast". You can actually see what all the musicians, from Billie Joe Armstrong to Travis Barker, look like animated.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

assholitis wrote:I've been heairng about this movie and when they were supposed to release it for the past 2 years or so now. I've heard full theatrical release, limited independent release, and straight-to-DVD release. They keep changing their minds and dates. My guess is it'll just get released on DVD sometime in the next year or so. Sounds a bit too bizarre for any studio to back it.

http://www.livefreakydiefreaky.com/index2.shtml

Go there and you choose "cast". You can actually see what all the musicians, from Billie Joe Armstrong to Travis Barker, look like animated.

-Kevin
Went looking for Billy Joel, but I didn't find him....must be with his Uptown Girl...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Well now she's looking for a downtown man...that's what I am. Score!

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Hey! I thought downtown men preferred backdoor women?
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Uptown men, downtown men, we ALL prefer backdoor women. Well maybe not, Right wing men. Maybe someone can write a song called Right Wing Girl about Ann Coulter.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*