What is going on out there?

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

Glenn

What is going on out there?

Post by Glenn »

Shit man - 3 days of no sales. This never happens.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
MicheBel

no sales

Post by MicheBel »

What? No one bought any Fleiss records in the last three days? :roll:
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

mmm we don't have any records yet....but soon.

I mean my real job.
MicheBel

sales

Post by MicheBel »

People are broke, dude. It's a sad sorry day.

Hey, but maybe they'll scoop up stuff for Bastille Day...

--Miche :D
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Bloody frogs.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Glenn wrote:Bloody frogs.
No wonder no one is buying...yuck!
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I kid you not...

yestreday I ran into this guy Robert who works at the liquor store. I got to kno=w him over the years and he is a cool guy. He is the first Mexican I have ever met who is leaving the US voluntarily. I asked why? and he said he is just feed up with America, Bush, the war, and going to Mexico City.

Strange days.
MicheBel

it's the end of days

Post by MicheBel »

The Apocalypse is upon us.

--Miche
Gooch

Re: it's the end of days

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:The Apocalypse is upon us.

--Miche
THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
MicheBel

dearth

Post by MicheBel »

Who's kidding?

--Miche
MicheBel

apocalypse

Post by MicheBel »

I give us five more years, tops, before our world ends.

(Course, I'm suicidal at the moment, so mine may end before that...)

--Miche
Gooch

Re: apocalypse

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:I give us five more years, tops, before our world ends.

(Course, I'm suicidal at the moment, so mine may end before that...)

--Miche
I'm calling dibs on your cool bug!!!!
~Gooch

MicheBel

more more

Post by MicheBel »

OK, Gooch, it's yours. I have since added two 94.9 stickers to it, since you saw it. (what can I say?) :wink:

Oh, and SOMEONE blessed me with a Transplants sticker on the day their CD came out.

Want my cats too? Actually, I'm really hoping that if I off myself that Chuck P. would consent to taking at least one of them...

--Miche
Last edited by MicheBel on Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gooch

Re: more more

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:OK, Gooch, it's yours. I have since added two 94.9 stickers to it, since you saw it. (what can I say?) :wink:

Oh, and SOMEONE blessed me with a Transplants sticker on the day their CD came out.

Want my cats too? Actually, I'm really hoping that if I off myself that Chuck P. would consent to taking at least one of them.

(Course, he's part of the reason I'm suicidal, so maybe not...)

--Miche
Even better!!! Sure! I'll take the cats!
~Gooch

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Micheh, if you are really suicidal you should see a couciler or something.
MicheBel

dark days

Post by MicheBel »

Well, I jest, partly, but it's pretty dark days around here.

but truly, my spiritual beliefs wouldn't allow me to actually do it.

so, not to worry...

thank you for saying something though. most people don't even acknowlege it. (strange...)

--Miche
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Yeah well it's tough for everone sometimes else too.

So stop feeling sorry for yourself and enjoy life casue you only get to live it once.
MicheBel

life

Post by MicheBel »

I'm not feeling sorry for myself at all.

It's more like an emotional breakdown. I know I'm strong and I'll get through it, but damn does it suck just now...

Oh, and like Billy Corgan just said on Jonesy, I don't believe we only have one life anyway. But if you choose to end yours, that really fucks everything up.

--Miche

Besides, the Emmy nominations are coming out tomorrow morning. I can't go until at least Friday! :wink:

GO LOST, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, DEADWOOD AND GILMORE GIRLS!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Well Bill's full of shit sometimes.
MicheBel

the world

Post by MicheBel »

"Bill"? LOL

yeah. he sounds right on the money to me. And certainly doesn't sound like someone who's ever "full of shit".

--Miche
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Sorry I was thinking of Billy Idol.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Glenn wrote:Sorry I was thinking of Billy Idol.
Worse, you could have been thinking about Billy Joel....
~Gooch

a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Glenn wrote:Micheh, if you are really suicidal you should see a couciler or something.
This is good advice.

Of course, for temporary free advice, you can call Dr. Drew!
818-567-1067
:)
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who's broke these days!!!!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

sadness

Post by MicheBel »

Babe, everyone's broke. Some are broker than broke.

KROQ Spy, you giving out Dr. Drew's home number? cool...

--M
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Gooch wrote:
Glenn wrote:Sorry I was thinking of Billy Idol.
Worse, you could have been thinking about Billy Joel....
What is it with you and Billy Joel today?! :lol:

And Miche - cheer up, doll. Something I've learned in life, nothing lasts forever, neither good times nor bad times. You'll get through this.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

I don't think anyone actually asked, so I'll go ahead and do the honors. What do you sell, Glenn?

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

growth

Post by MicheBel »

Thanks, Kev. Your support is appreciated.

I have no doubt that this is one of those periods of growth that when you get on the other side of it, there's some really wonderful stuff, but DAMN if this part isn't an absolute BITCH to live through...

--Miche
Gooch

Re: growth

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:Thanks, Kev. Your support is appreciated.

I have no doubt that this is one of those periods of growth that when you get on the other side of it, there's some really wonderful stuff, but DAMN if this part isn't an absolute BITCH to live through...

--Miche
Just remember, what doesn't kill us, just makes us stronger....now flex and show me those muscles babycakes!!!!
~Gooch

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

assholitis wrote:I don't think anyone actually asked, so I'll go ahead and do the honors. What do you sell, Glenn?

-Kevin
I work in wholesale distribution via e-commerce. Main produicts are greeting cards, gift wrap, gift bags etc so retail shops/gift shops order these types of products to resell in their store from our website.

I do mostly trade advertising, marketing, talk to customers etc. Let the retailers know where to oder from. If you build it they will come. :-)
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Do you sell to the little people like us? If so, do you have a catalog?
~Gooch

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Our website is the catalog. I'll send you the link.

We generally don't sell to the public unless they are bulk buyers. Most of our customers are gift shops, flower shops, card shops, bookshops etc.
MicheBel

gifts

Post by MicheBel »

I woulda thought you guys woulda been flooded with orders this week. What with Stacey's birthday and Shovel's birthday, and the IT guy's birthday, those gifts and packages musta been flooding out of shops....

--Miche
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Adulterers need cards too
# Having an affair? Maybe you'd like to send something from Cathy Gallagher's Secret Lover Collection of greeting cards.

By Stephen Kiehl, Baltimore Sun

BETHESDA, Md. — One morning at breakfast, Cathy Gallagher told her husband she wanted to start a line of greeting cards for adulterers.

There was a pregnant pause. And then he said, "I think it's a great idea."

Lucky for him, Gallagher doesn't plan on patronizing her own business. "You don't have to be a murderer to write a murder mystery," she says.

Nor, apparently, does one need to be unfaithful to write a Christmas card that says, "As we each celebrate with our families, I will be thinking of you."

Gallagher says her Secret Lover Collection of 24 cards is the first line exclusively for people having affairs, and she expects hot sales. She says half of married people have had affairs (though some studies show the figure to be far less — more like 15% of married women and 22% of married men, according to the University of Chicago). From former President Clinton's relationship with "that woman" to shenanigans on TV shows like "Desperate Housewives," affairs are out in the open.

"Look at the soap operas. It's all about forbidden love," Gallagher says in her Bethesda office, where the walls are painted red and pink. "Look at how many people on soap operas are having affairs. That's real. And I think that's why this is so scary — these cards are real, and for a lot of people it hits very close to home."

But is America ready to see cards for secret lovers rubbing elbows with cards for Grandma's birthday? In these morals-conscious times, "Desperate Housewives" may be a hit, but one of its stars, Nicollette Sheridan, was chastised for a promotional spot in which she dropped a towel from her body in front of a pro football player. And broadcasters were hit with record fines last year for indecency on the airwaves.

Gallagher has felt part of that backlash. Some retailers have refused to carry the cards for fear of alienating longtime customers, while others think their clientele would be ashamed to purchase such a card. Gallagher has also received e-mails accusing her of endorsing bad behavior.

"She's just making money out of other people's misery," says Robin Sawyer, a public health professor and human sexuality expert at the University of Maryland. "I think most of us would agree that infidelity is a negative thing, so we're now selling cards to celebrate a negative thing."

Gallagher, who won't give her age but appears to be somewhere north of 40, doesn't take a position on whether affairs are good or bad. She notes simply that they exist. And, like any good capitalist, when she saw a market opening, she went for it. She says consumers, not the morality police, will decide if her business succeeds or fails.

"People make choices," she says. "I'm not making a choice for them. People make choices. And by the time they buy this greeting card, they're already involved deeply in the affair…. This is an entrepreneurial venture. And this is an untapped market. That's the bottom line."

She has already printed 100,000 of her cards and is filling orders for retailers across North America, including boutique stores and hotel gift shops. And starting soon, the cards can be bought from her website, secretlovercollection.com. The site went up in May and has already received 60,000 hits.

The collection is not what one might expect from a woman of Gallagher's background. She has two children and says she has always been faithful to her husband of 15 years. For 20 years, she worked in marketing and advertising for decidedly unsexy clients: car dealerships, utility companies, Lasik eye-surgery centers.

Then, a few years ago, she noticed how many people she knew, from friends to colleagues, who had been in affairs. She also realized there were no cards that adequately expressed their feelings. Being a big greeting-card fan — she'll often give multiple cards for a single birthday — she sensed an opening.

The cards feature acrylic paintings on the cover, done by an artist in Virginia and predictably heavy on deep shades of red, with long verses by Gallagher inside. Some of them read as if they were written by a dropout of the Hallmark school of greeting-card writing: "My soul has been searching for you since I came into this world.

"All my life I have had this emptiness inside, like a part of me was missing and I was incomplete …

"And now I can't imagine my life without you … Even if I have to share you."

There's a card for office romances that begins, "The weekend apart is finally over," and an apology card that describes how hard it is not to be able to call and smooth over "our misunderstanding."

There's even a breakup card that says, "I can't go on like this anymore … I guess our timing just wasn't right."

But there's also a card urging the receiver to leave his or her spouse. "Let's live our lives together and finally be one," it says. "I can't imagine not having you in my life. Let's start living our lives for 'us.' "

"It sort of plays into the emotional, irrational side of affairs," says Norman Epstein, a professor of family studies at the University of Maryland. "That language is very idealized. And one of the things that happens with a lot of people involved in affairs is they idealize their partner and make a comparison between them and the routine life they have in their existing marriage.

"This seems to be adding fuel to the fire. Maybe, instead of getting a greeting card, they ought to get some therapy while they're at it. It sounds like they're struggling and maybe should talk to someone."

Gallagher says her cards express sentiments that people in affairs can't express to anyone else, even their best friends. "These are not sex cards; these are emotional," she says. "No other card reflects having to share someone or not being able to be with that person on the holidays."

Hallmark, the nation's largest greeting-card seller, says some of its relationship cards are broad enough that their meaning can vary depending on the situation, so it doesn't see a need for an explicit line of cards for adulterers. The "Between You and Me" line covers a wide variety of relationships, says spokeswoman Rachel Bolton. She points to a card that says, "I love the private world that you and I share."

"I look at that and I'm thinking of my husband. You might look at that and think of your secretary," Bolton says. "The purpose of a greeting card is to make somebody feel good — to solidify or further a relationship."

What's left unsaid is that greeting cards aren't supposed to break up relationships. Isn't Gallagher worried that one of her cards, if left in the wrong place, could lead to the end of a marriage?

"People are still buying their lovers cards and they're still writing notes to their lovers and e-mailing their lovers," she says. "They're still calling their lovers on their cellphones. They're still charging negligees on their charge cards. There's always evidence.

"It's not like somebody will see these greeting cards and say, 'I'm going to go out and have an affair!' There are people who make these choices, whether we agree with them or not."
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. ~rubbing hands together with glee~ In my line of bizzizle, those cards would come in REAL handy. (Uh oh. I am talking all googizzle like)
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

It's a funny idea but I doubt that would sell.
MicheBel

selling

Post by MicheBel »

Are you kidding? The woman's gonna make millions!

--M
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Well good luck to her. All I know is 99% of our customers would not want it or want to promote it in their stores.

There may well be some specilty niches but the main stream cards is what sells.
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

Everytime I read Glenn's posts, I imagine a little dog sitting at the computer typing away.

gidgetgoestohell

Ya know Spy, Macy is talented and cute. She's the complete package. That's why my doggie Holden loves her so.
Gidge

MicheBel

typing away

Post by MicheBel »

a KROQ spy! wrote:Everytime I read Glenn's posts, I imagine a little dog sitting at the computer typing away.

And what do you imagine when you read my posts, Spy baby? :wink:

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

a KROQ spy! wrote:Everytime I read Glenn's posts, I imagine a little dog sitting at the computer typing away.

That's cute!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Hasn't dog labor been banned?
~Gooch

jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

Funny... I have the same image when I see Glenn's posts too...
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Do yo thinnk my avator has anything to do with it?
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

A photo of Glenn gettin' some Luvin' :
WARNING: This may be too intense of a display of love for some:

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

O no - she's going to bite his wet nose off.
gidgetgoestohell

Freeeee wet puppy nose...I'm tellin' ya to freeeeeeeeee wet puppy nose....
Gidge

MicheBel

nose this

Post by MicheBel »

:lol:

That is way too much doggie lovin.

(Look at that poor doggie's eyes!)

--Miche
Gooch

Re: nose this

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote::lol:

That is way too much doggie lovin.

(Look at that poor doggie's eyes!)

--Miche
Maybe its the new version of doggie style....~batting eyes innocently~
~Gooch

jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

Poor dog. Traumatizing it for life!