Shake-up at KLOS

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

RobertKP

Shake-up at KLOS

Post by RobertKP »

Here's one for Shloe - Rita Wilde has been replaced as program director at KLOS after 25 years of service. Here's the full story - CITADEL Classic Rocker KLOS/LOS ANGELES PD RITA WILDE exits after 25 years of service. Her last day will be TOMORROW (1/23). WILDE is being replaced by former CLEAR CHANNEL Classic Rock WAXQ (Q104.3)/NEW YORK PD BOB BUCHMANN who resigned last summer after an amazing nine-year run (NET NEWS, 7/30/08). He begins on MONDAY (1/26)

“BOB’s proven track record in NEW YORK and his reputation as a passionate, knowledgeable and committed programmer make him the ideal choice for KLOS,” commented GM JOHN H. DAVISON.

During BUCHMANN’s nine year tenure at WAXQ-FM, the station’s Adult 25-54 rank rose from #14 to #1. He also served as VP/Programming of COX Rock WBAB/LONG ISLAND, NY for two decades.

“I’m wide-eyed and all smiles about having the opportunity to program this rock n’roll institution in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. How many of us get to program such great stations in the two largest markets in the country? I can’t wait to get behind the wheel,” said BUCHMANN.

DAVISON stated "RITA’s contribution will never leave KLOS. She will be leaving an indelible mark on the station. During a distinguished career spanning over two decades, RITA has passionately devoted herself to KLOS and the results will be a permanent part of our history. On RITA’s watch KLOS has become one of the premier Classic Rock stations in the country, consistently a top performer in L.A. and the winner of numerous awards for community service. RITA: Here’s a standing ovation from all of us. Take a bow.

WILDE commented“I have dedicated 25 years of my life to KLOS and I have absolutely no regrets about my devotion to the radio station. I leave with my head held high and with my dignity and integrity intact, and thankful for all of the opportunities I have been offered. I have nothing but respect for my colleagues and the KLOS listeners who have consistently shown their devotion to this radio station. I consider myself extremely blessed and fortunate and look forward to the next amazing adventure. I can be reached via e-mail at ritawilde@verizon.net or Ritarox@verizon.net.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!