Please say a prayer

All useless chat to pass the time goes here.

Moderator: Admin

gidgetgoestohell

Please say a prayer

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

My son's best friend, Erick, is having life threatening surgery tomorrow...he's going to be in ICU for at least three days post op...while I understand that this is not the 700 Club....if you could say a prayer for the kid....both Himself and I would be grateful.....

Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

I talked to the big guy upstairs and he said Erick is going to be alright. No worries.

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

done...I think spy is on the mark.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
gidgetgoestohell

From your mouths to God's ears......
Gidge

gidgetgoestohell

We finally got to see Erick today....he's already off the morphine....he's taking Ultram now (a non-opiate pain reliever)...I was amazed because it took two surgeons to hold his body down to straighten his spine and get the hardware in...just a reminder how resilient kids are...Also, all but the IV's to administer antibiotics have all been removed...

He has already taken his first jaunt around the ward....and been fitted for his brace and started physical therapy....It was such a relief to see him, that despite Himself's warnings of DO NOT CRY, I spilled a few tears....

I mentioned all of the good wishes and prayers being sent his way and he was grateful and taken aback that complete strangers would take an interest in his health....he wanted to make sure that I thanked everybody for him...He's at CHOC and now that he's not so groggy, they are going to bring him a laptop so he can begin doing his teenage stuff, i.e. instant messengering, etc. etc....

He was also shocked that Dicky played a song in his honor and a small smile broke out on his face....:) Thanks again Dicky....

I am taking a group of kids tomorrow to see him and I will pass on this website and I am pretty sure he will post his own thank yous to everybody....

Thank you again!

Gidge & Himself
Gidge