The Kimberly Trip

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

RobertKP

The Kimberly Trip

Post by RobertKP »

The Kimberly Trip is my favorite new band. I first heard them on FlashbackAlternatives.com and I had to hear more. Their sound is kinda 80's retro/new wave. They have been described as "Blondie-meets-Garbage with a wicked sense of humor.
Witty lyrics, great musicianship & Kimberlina's voice is to die for. Great songs like "Suck Knob", "Supergloo", "Touble Again", The Pretty Girls" & "Geek School". I bought their last 3 cds. I've been bugging Indie to play them but no luck so far. I probably won't get to Sacramento to see them soon but the next time they come to LA, I'm there.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
biLzamo

yeah dude

Post by biLzamo »

how do you request songs on Indie? usually the line is busy... when it isnt i get the "sorry, please try again" voice... one time i got some horrible recorded message asking me what song i wanted to request but it was so broken.

i think your best bet is to E-MAIL the specific DJ that would be playing your stuff. Dicky plays a lot of requests it seems but he must get 10000.

you might want to try like TK or Shovel, they seem to be the shadow warriors that truely run Indie and they seem down to earth.
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Dicky is WONDERFUL with requests....he actually had Rat Scabies start his show saying happy birthday to my son....and when my kid's friend was in the hospital, he played something for that kid too....

Have I said lately how great Dicky truly is???? Looks like I just did....:)
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
RobertKP

THANKS!

Post by RobertKP »

Thanks for your suggestions. It was quite some time ago when I last e-mailed Indie about them. The band has become more popular since then, even being named November artist of the month on a Sacramento station. I think they will soon get nation-wide exposure, whether Indie plays them or not. I decided to give it one more try, e-mailing Mark Sovel, Chuck P & the general station e-mail. Chuck P does the new music show plus has an in with Dicky too. If they don't get played on Indie, I won't sweat it. I'm still can hear them anytime I want and I'm spreading the word about them on my own.
Thanks again,
RobertKP
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
Stuartmm

http://indie1031.fm/requests/request.php

Post by Stuartmm »

gidgetgoestohell

Stu....you are THE man....:)
Gidge

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

You should try Tegan & Sara!!! More T&S Indie!!!!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Oh Tom...shuddup.....LMAO
Gidge