Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Post by obiwankobe »

-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I think Tom has the YYYs in the basement with Annie....that's what I think....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I don't even have a basement!!!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Ok...so you have her in the closet of your bedroom.....
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

But isn't that the closet he's been in all this time?
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Ooooooooo burn!!!!!!
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Sure...if he's into that....but I rather not know....
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
RobertKP

Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Post by RobertKP »

obiwankobe wrote:Image
Is it just me or does this look like a ransom note. "Give us $50,000 & buy our new album or Coco the cat gets it." Probably just me.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Quick!!!! Someone hide Coco!!!
~Gooch

July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

too late - I think Honey ate her...
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Did Honey not realize it was Coco, not Cocoa! She's a blonde cat, right?
~running for cover~
~Gooch

July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

yes, a ginormous blonde cat
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Reveal Real Album Title, Release Date

Matthew Solarski reports:
That Squeak E. Clean, what a prankster! The Yeah Yeah Yeahs producer, whose real name is Sam Spiegel, recently bamboozled the folks at MTV.com when he announced that the new YYYs record would be a concept record about Karen O's cat, entitled Coco Beware. Turns out the whole thing was an elaborate joke. And really, do we expect anything less from the brother of Spike Jonze (real name Adam Spiegel)?

Now, for news of more verity: according to an official press release, the highly-anticipated follow-up to Fever To Tell will in fact be titled Show Your Bones. It will arrive March 28 (March 27 in the UK) via Dress Up/Interscope, preceded by the single "Gold Lion" the week before.

Ever-quotable Karen O had this to say about the new LP: "Show Your Bones is what happens when you put your finger in a light socket...maybe there is some of that electric current flowing through the tracks of our album illuminating us from the inside out for you to laugh at and cry to or fry to. Or not."

Still lost? Maybe YYYs drummer Brian Chase can clear things up: "In the early stages the music was STRETCHED WIDE and then tightened up." Or maybe not. As mentioned, Squeak E. Clean produced the disc, which was mixed with Alan Moulder (My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, et al).

A February U.S. club tour is in the works, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs official website, in addition to inducing seizures, alludes to full-scale American and European tours in April and May. For now you may drool over their date at All Tomorrow's Parties "United Sounds of ATP" festival, where they've assembled quite the coterie of openers:

05-13 East Sussex, England - Camber Sands Holiday Centre (All Tomorrow's Parties) *

* with Liars, TV on the Radio, Oneida, Blood Brothers, Ex Models, Celebration, Imaginary Folk, Tall Boys

In other presumably accurate news, spazz-punk trio the Seconds, featuring Brian Chase, will release their sophomore full-length on March 21 via 5RC.
-tom