Bloc Party

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Bloc Party

Post by obiwankobe »

Bloc Party Prep New Single, Begin Recording Second LP

Matthew Solarski and Amy Phillips report:
Not content to kick back and let all the year-end-list kowtowing go to their heads, the strapping lads in Bloc Party have begun recording the follow-up to their breakthrough debut Silent Alarm. In the meantime, they'll tide U.S. fans over with a wintertime single. They're doing it for you, truly.

Dim Mak will drop "Helicopter" on February 21, following up the previous DM-stamped "Tulips" single and Bloc Party EP. This shiny piece of plastic features the title track and three remixes, including the Whitey Remix showcased on Silent Alarm Remixed, a shake-up by Dim Mak honcho Steve Aoki and Blake Miller from Moving Units under the name Weird Science, and a remix by Pitchfork party-monger Diplo. In summation:

01 Helicopter
02 Helicopter (Whitey Remix)
03 Helicopter (Weird Science Remix)
04 Helicopter (Diplo Remix)

The NME reports that Bloc Party will enter the studio later this month to record their sophomore statement, which will see release later this year. BP's Kele Okereke shared the following with that cheeky UK weekly: "With Silent Alarm I wanted to talk about how it felt being a 20-year-old in the western world. I think a lot of kids, me especially, just kind of felt in their 20s that they had all this passion, and it was very hard to find a focus. And that's what I want Silent Alarm to represent."

Okereke continued, "I don't want things to be as brash as they were. Slightly more considered: that's where the next record's going. But that's not to say we're going to turn all MOR!" Honestly Kele, for the kids' sake: keep it on the curb.

Potential song titles on the Silent Alarm follow-up include "Into the Blue", "Kids", and "The Present". For some Bloc Party internet lovin', scoot on over to Vice Records' brand new mp3 blog and treat your smelly ears to a free mp3 of the MSTRKRFT Remix (pronounced "Master Kraft", aka Jesse Keeler from Death From Above 1979) of Bloc Party's "Two More Years". Your iPod will love you for it.

Or, if you're a Rhapsody subscriber, you can stream the bejesus out of the exclusive live EP Hearing Voices Live, which contains the following songs:

01 Like Eating Glass
02 Positive Tension
03 The Price of Gasoline
04 This Modern Love
05 So Here We Are
06 Helicopter
07 Blue Light
08 Little Thoughts
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
obiwankobe

Coachella Set Download

Post by obiwankobe »

-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I heard they were amazing at Coachella.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Concert w / Broken Social Scene

Post by obiwankobe »

Bloc Party Schedule North American Shows

Caroline Bermudez reports:
The summer concert season is not quite upon us and our index fingers are already tired. Between the hordes of festivals (especially here in our neck of the woods) and certain tours that inexplicably sell out in two minutes, the redial button on our phone and the refresh button on our browser have become our best friends.

Bloc Party are definitely not make things any easier, having just announced a string of North American dates with the likes of the Secret Machines and Broken Social Scene. Oh, and the Brooklyn show takes place in an empty public pool.

Ticketbastard, here we come:

06-24 Toronto, Ontario - Olympic Island *@
06-25 Chicago, IL - Intonation Festival
07-28 Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion #%
07-29 Brooklyn, NY - McCarran Pool #%
08-01 Anaheim, CA - The Grove #
08-03 Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre *#

08-04 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre *#$
08-05 San Diego, CA - Street Scene Festival #
08-08 Mexico City, Mexico - TBA #
08-09 Houston, TX - Warehouse Live #
08-10 Austin, TX - Stubb's BBQ #
08-19 Chelmsford, England - Hylands Park (V Festival)
08-20 Staffordshire, England - Weston Park (V Festival)

* with Broken Social Scene
@ with Feist, Raising the Fawn, J Mascis
# with Mew
% with Secret Machines
$ with Two Gallants

As previously reported, Bloc Party is working on a new album in London with producer Jacknife Lee. Track titles include "Hunting for Witches", "Waiting for the 7.18", "Kreuzberg", "Cruel", "Merge on the Freeway", "Into the Blue", "Kids", "The Present", and "Machines". No word on when the new album will come out, but it is expected late this year.

To hear a live version of "Waiting for the 7.18" recorded at Coachella, head over to the Bloc Party blog, the awesomely monikered Blog Party.

* Pitchfork Review: Bloc Party: Silent Alarm Remixed
* Pitchfork News: Bloc Party Get to Work on New Record
* Pitchfork Feature: Interview: Bloc Party
* Pitchfork Feature: Live: Bloc Party
* Bloc Party: http://www.blocparty.com/
* Blog Party: http://bloc-party.blogspot.com/
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Bad venues...
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

The Greek's to big
-tom