Secret Machines

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Secret Machines

Post by obiwankobe »

Secret Machines Reveal New LP Release Date, Tracklist

Zach Vowell reports:
Just before we took off for the holidays, Secret Machines announced the tracklist for their follow-up to 2004's Now Here Is Nowhere. Then, we went on break...but we'll spare you the drunken details.

Due out April 18 on Reprise (March 27 on 679 Recordings in the UK), Ten Silver Drops will feature eight songs over the course of approximately three-quarters of an hour, so get your lava lamp ready. The band will release the album's opening track, "Alone, Jealous and Stoned", as a UK single on January 16, with "Another Minute Standing Still" as the b-side.

That's cool and all, but Billboard says that Garth Hudson, the multi-instrumentalist virtuoso from The Band, plays an accordion solo on "I Want to Know". Frankly, the thought of that bearded sage handing out lessons to these Dallas-based whipper-snappers certainly trumps the news of an upcoming single, right?

Also according to Billboard, Secret Machines vocalist/bassist Brandon Curtis revealed that most of Ten Silver Drops's songs were constructed on tour. Said Curtis: "The feedback from performing in front of an audience was really instructive in how the songs were put together. I'm not sure I'd say I'd do it every time, but it was an interesting thing to do."

Without further ado, the crowd-pleasers:

01 Alone, Jealous and Stoned
02 All at Once (It's Not Important)
03 Lightning Blue Eyes
04 Daddy's in the Doldrums
05 I Hate Pretending
06 Faded Lines
07 I Want to Know
08 1,000 Seconds

Secret Machines also have two tour dates scheduled for next week, but they're in England, so either save your breath or your cash for airfare. Better yet, no matter where you live, if you start walking now, you can probably make it to the band's March appearance at the Langerado Music Festival in Florida. Dates:

01-18 London, England - The Garage
01-19 Manchester, England - Manchester University
03-11-12 Sunrise, FL - Langerado Music Festival *

* with Wilco, Flaming Lips, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

The band is also scheduled to appear at SXSW in Austin, Texas in March, and a European tour with Foo Fighters is in the works.

* Pitchfork Review: Secret Machines: The Road Leads Where It's Led EP
* Secret Machines: http://thesecretmachines.com/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley