Good New Band

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Good New Band

Post by obiwankobe »

Since Indie isn't playing anything new or non-corprate I will introduce you to new "Indie Music"

http://www.thelikeyoung.com

The Like Young are an Indie Rock band from Chicago, Illinois.

The Like Young are Amanda and Joe Ziemba, married in 2002 and playing music together in various bands since 1997 (most notably Wolfie and Busytoby). The couple formed the band in the spring of 2002 and went on to release their first album, a five-track EP entitled Looked Up Plus Four that same year on Kittridge Records. In the spring of 2003, they released their first full-length album, Art Contest, to mixed but overall not great reviews. Not to be discouraged, Amanda and Joe put their heads together and created So Serious, which was released in the Summer of 2004 to very good reviews. In reviewing the album, Tim Sendra of AMG [1] said The Like Young "are [a] lyrically imaginative and vocally powerful indie rock band[.]" Both of their full length albums were released on Parasol Records.

The Like Young are often compared to Weezer for their vocal harmony and guitar-driven indie rock, and while the sound is similar, it is produced by just two people, half the size if not smaller than many bands with similar sounds.

In The Like Young, Amanda plays the drums and Joe plays the guitar, bass, and occasionally keyboard and both do vocals. Most of the songs are written by Joe.

Image[/url]
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Sounds interesting. I'll look into it. I love male with female vocals.
There's a ton of things people should be listening to that aren't on Indie103:
-Destroyer, Spinto Band, Vicious Vicious, Gnarls Barkley, Salim Naurallah, Crystal Skulls, Baptist Generals, Voxtrot, Sound Team, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness, Audio Bullys, Matt Costa, Pinback, etc... All amazing stuff that's better than a lot of the stuff on the radio... :?
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I'm not fond of Pinback
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

They have a lot of really beautiful sweet songs... I like it.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas