Punx Unite Compilation

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

jack
Site Admin

Punx Unite Compilation

Post by jack »

I just got my Punx Unite CD compilation from Joe Sib. It rocks! First CD I have ever owned and loving it. Has a pretty cover too.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Wait...you've never owned a CD before? Have you just been listening to MP3s, and if so, what before that?

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

"first CD"????? What does that even mean? My first CD was when I was 10 and it was Aerosmith's Get A Grip. Where have you been Jack? You better have a very good explanation like "vinyl" for never owning a CD before!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Look people...sometimes just what Jack needs is a lil slap....~slaps Jack~ Just like that....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Look people...sometimes just what Jack needs is a lil slap....~slaps Jack~ Just like that....
HAHA :lol:

*sireofwilshire*
jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

Well, I still live in the past heh. I'm a poor college student and my cars are all in the 1980's with AM radio and I have piles of tapes and no cd player, so there! :)
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Tapes are fine, tapes are awesome, tapes are cool... but good music doesn't sell on tapes anymore (I think Mexican, gospel and Mexican gospel are the only music still put on tape) ... so the question is still pending, how did you get your music before?
-Julian Casablancas
jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

Record music from the radio onto tape and manipulate the recordings. And of course, mp3s.
gidgetgoestohell

Jack:

I am just glad to know that you aren't using 8 track....LOL
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Jack:

What you talking about willis?
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
gidgetgoestohell

Jaysus Glenn....you know...eight track tape.....old technology from the 60's and late 70's.....~shaking head and rolling eyes~ KIDS!!!! :roll:
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

So what bands are on thr CD/ And don't <b>delete<b/> any.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

This is why I was fired as a webmaster
gidgetgoestohell

LMAO...leaving your tags open...tsk tsk tsk.....
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahaha, I used to use my parents 8 tracks as building blocks!
-Julian Casablancas
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Glenn wrote:This is why I was fired as a webmaster
:lol:

I've never actually seen an 8 track in person, or held one, but I DO know what they are. I think I actually bought DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince on vinyl when I was a young boy.

And Jack: Jeezus, man! We, the street team, have got to pull together our resources and invest in a CD player for you. I think you can get a portable, walkman-style CD player for like $10 at Wal-Mart. But I guess the bitch then would be having to replace all your stuff on CD which would be pretty pricey. I remember having that problem...back in like 1995! But, I just kept what I had on cassette and then started slowly building a CD collection. My first two Weezer and Nirvana albums are all on cassette still, and I listen to 'em all the time.

Do you have a DVD player? Tell me you at least have a VCR. You're not still watching movies on Beta are you?! :wink:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Jack's CDs

Post by MicheBel »

Hey, I'm broke as hell, and I'll even contribute money to getting Jack his first CD player. Too bad he can't win one on Indie or something. That would be cool.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Yeah, f*ck an iPod, man, this boy still needs his first CD player! Is his birthday coming up or something maybe?

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Beta, hahah... I have Sleeping Beauty in beta. I think Jack might still have a film projector.

Those 8 tracks used to reming me of the Nintendo video games, just one huge box!

I have a few tapes still... The Dixie Chicks because I'm a sucker for country, Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction and some old spanish rock stuff like old Shakira.

I say we chip in for a boom box and then burn him a collection of our CD's, it's for a good cause!
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

Shit....Himself got a CD player from his father for Christmas (I bought the kid an Ipod..Jake is a tad out of touch. Just add that to the myriad of faults that he has).

In the interest of all of our pocketsbooks and to teach my son a lesson in Christian charity, I will offer to donate the portable CD player to Jack....
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

A very Christian thing to do Gidge!

How can someone survive w/out a CD player. I've been thinking about this, and as much as I love my iPod I can't imagine not having a CD player that I can blast really loud... or a recordplayer to stare at and listen to every little scratch.
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

Thanks Annie...the kid might scream...but I am bigger, meaner AND I pay the bills...soooo..he loses, Jack wins.....
Gidge

MicheBel

Rocking

Post by MicheBel »

And I'm sure that between us, we could come up with some pretty rocking first CDs for our Jackie! It's the least we can do for him giving us this lovely forum. (We don't have to wait for his birthday...)

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

i would seriously ship him some cd's right now, this is a travesty!
-Julian Casablancas
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

yeah like the new Tegan & Sarah CD.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Aw Gidge, you're too sweet! Hm, I'm not sure Jackie would be too into any of my CDs, but I've been downloading a lot of mp3s of songs played on Indie lately. I have a burner, so I could just make an unofficial Indie 103.1 compliation CD for him. It could be titled, NOW that's what I call Indie! Volume 1. :lol:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Sorry I don't have Tegan and Sarah, but I have pretty much everything Indie plays and then some! What does jack like besides punk?
gidgetgoestohell

Maybe the CD player should be his prize for the site, I agree Miche.....now...who has some meds for me to slip into the kids juice so I can get away with the hijack???? LMAO

~winks at Kev~
Gidge

jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Jack:

Oh, I use that too! TOo bad the record is broken on it or I'd use it to record too! <3 8 tracks :)
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

You listen to 8 tracks?!?!?! That's awesome!!!! I know this really great record store that still sells them and so cheap!
gidgetgoestohell

Jackie:

We are going to send you Himself's brand new portable CD player! Soooo...how may licks DOES it take to get to your eeewiee goooie center??? I forget..... :lol:
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Jackie:

Soooo...how may licks DOES it take to get to your eeewiee goooie center??? I forget..... :lol:
Between 400-500 depending on who is the licker.
gidgetgoestohell

Awrighty then.....LOL
Gidge

a KROQ spy!

Post by a KROQ spy! »

*Annie* wrote:You listen to 8 tracks?!?!?! That's awesome!!!! I know this really great record store that still sells them and so cheap!
Which store? Amoeba?

Did Jack ever get his cd player?

I'll have to send over some KROQ christmas cd's! :P

Hey Jack, can you listen to mp3's if they're on a cd?
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

assholitis wrote:
Glenn wrote:This is why I was fired as a webmaster
:lol:

I've never actually seen an 8 track in person, or held one, but I DO know what they are. I think I actually bought DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince on vinyl when I was a young boy.

And Jack: Jeezus, man! We, the street team, have got to pull together our resources and invest in a CD player for you. I think you can get a portable, walkman-style CD player for like $10 at Wal-Mart. But I guess the bitch then would be having to replace all your stuff on CD which would be pretty pricey. I remember having that problem...back in like 1995! But, I just kept what I had on cassette and then started slowly building a CD collection. My first two Weezer and Nirvana albums are all on cassette still, and I listen to 'em all the time.

Do you have a DVD player? Tell me you at least have a VCR. You're not still watching movies on Beta are you?! :wink:

-Kevin
I still have a Beta machine and Beta tapes in the garage.
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

a KROQ spy! wrote:
*Annie* wrote:You listen to 8 tracks?!?!?! That's awesome!!!! I know this really great record store that still sells them and so cheap!
Which store? Amoeba?

Did Jack ever get his cd player?

I'll have to send over some KROQ christmas cd's! :P

Hey Jack, can you listen to mp3's if they're on a cd?
Yep, I bought an mp3 cd player for Christmas, cept the adapter kinda burnt out the part where you can plug it into the wall so it became a portable mp3 cd player rather than a corded one!
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

You people are over looking the obvious. Of course he has a CD player. He has a computer. He has to have a CD-ROM! How could you install programs on a computer these days if you have no CD-ROM? If anything all he needs is a sound card which I'm sure he has and a pair of RCA jacks he can hook into his stereo. He can even use the slot that the tuner would plug into. No CD Player my ass!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

I have a 48X cdrom drive that barely works :) I'm using FreeBSD, I don't use cd's because all cdware is for winblows!!@#@!# And who needs cdrom drives when you have the intarweb :O)
gidgetgoestohell

YEAH...Power to the People!!! Power to the People!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

Oh wait...wrong forum.....

carry on.....
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

obiwankobe wrote: No CD Player my ass!
Who is willing to contribute to get Tom a CD player for his ass?
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
MicheBel

Betas

Post by MicheBel »

Gooch wrote:I still have a Beta machine and Beta tapes in the garage.
I was actually over someone's house who wanted me to hook up his new DVD player to his TV WITH his old betamax player.

I was like, dude, I'm outta my league here. It was crazy.

--Miche
Gooch

Re: Betas

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:
Gooch wrote:I still have a Beta machine and Beta tapes in the garage.
I was actually over someone's house who wanted me to hook up his new DVD player to his TV WITH his old betamax player.

I was like, dude, I'm outta my league here. It was crazy.

--Miche
LOL! I had to get a special adapter so I could hook up my dvd/vcr to the tv in the bedroom, which made me wonder how old that tv was..I know my mom had it during the Northridge earthquake and I believe that was in the early 90s...so that TV is easily 20 years old, because I think she also had it when I was in high school....good Lord, I'm getting old...
~Gooch

MicheBel

betas

Post by MicheBel »

Well, here's the thing I found out.

If you have some kind of cords which DON'T screw in to the TV/VCR/DVD player whatever...

IT'S TIME TO THROW THEM OUT.

This Betamax had some kind of wire type cord things. I hadn't ever even seen such stuff. My technology education started in the late 70s, too.

<--------------shakes head
Gooch

Re: betas

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:Well, here's the thing I found out.

If you have some kind of cords which DON'T screw in to the TV/VCR/DVD player whatever...

IT'S TIME TO THROW THEM OUT.

This Betamax had some kind of wire type cord things. I hadn't ever even seen such stuff. My technology education started in the late 70s, too.

<--------------shakes head
Nah, the tv still works very well (hope I didn't just jinx myself), plus it outlived my tv in the livingroom which was just about 5 years old!
~Gooch

jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

My tv is older. It has a bad bulb too, slowly sizzling out and turns on by itself in the middle of the night. I think something burned out in there. It's losing color too... 1970's piece of junk...
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

jack wrote:My tv is older. It has a bad bulb too, slowly sizzling out and turns on by itself in the middle of the night. I think something burned out in there. It's losing color too... 1970's piece of junk...
Hey! It almost lasted 30 years! Give it a break! My last one only lasted about 5 years!
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

I have purchased FIVE fridges and THREE tv's since moving into my apartment five years ago. I finally gave in and bought a brand spanking new fridge from Sears, WITH a warranty...and so far, so good.....The tvs though, I am still not so sure about.

When I was a kid, my parents had the same washer/dryer that my grandparents had given them USED...my parents gave that set to my brother and when he moved to Arizona in 2000, the washer STILL worked (okay, so the dryer gave up the ghost after 40 years)...all I can say is that they sure don't make durable appliances the way that they used to....
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:I have purchased FIVE fridges and THREE tv's since moving into my apartment five years ago. I finally gave in and bought a brand spanking new fridge from Sears, WITH a warranty...and so far, so good.....The tvs though, I am still not so sure about.

When I was a kid, my parents had the same washer/dryer that my grandparents had given them USED...my parents gave that set to my brother and when he moved to Arizona in 2000, the washer STILL worked (okay, so the dryer gave up the ghost after 40 years)...all I can say is that they sure don't make durable appliances the way that they used to....
No kidding! That goes for Tupperware also!!! The vintage Tupperware is so much better then todays....
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Sad, aint it??? Boy, we sound like a couple of foogies Gooch...LOL
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Sad, aint it??? Boy, we sound like a couple of foogies Gooch...LOL
I've always been an old soul....hence the day job...
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

An me...perpetual teenager.....that's why we go so good together...kind of like PB&J...Oreos and milk.....hot monkey sex and Wesson oil.....
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:An me...perpetual teenager.....that's why we go so good together...kind of like PB&J...Oreos and milk.....hot monkey sex and Wesson oil.....
I prefer Mazola....
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Thinking about the good cholesterol, eh??
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Thinking about the good cholesterol, eh??
Si Senorita...
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Es todo maravilloso y bueno. Como esta mi espanol hoy? No malo, es? Si, soy una estrella estupenda de la roca.
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Es todo maravilloso y bueno. Como esta mi espanol hoy? No malo, es? Si, soy una estrella estupenda de la roca.
Estoy reindome en el suelo con mis pies en el aire.
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Hay un gato en mis pantalones!
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Hay un gato en mis pantalones!
Si! Nacisiste con uno. Pero no se porque es mas informacion que necesito..
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Esa no era demasiada informacion. Comparto con usted cosas sobre mi porque te quiero apenas como el gato en mis pantalones!
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Esa no era demasiada informacion. Comparto con usted cosas sobre mi porque te quiero apenas como el gato en mis pantalones!
Disculpame, no te intendi al prinsipio. Te debo una cerveza...
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Oh si, por favor cerveza yo. Ahora. Repetidamente y encima.
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Oh si, por favor cerveza yo. Ahora. Repetidamente y encima.
Esta en la mesa.
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Pero esta la mesa debajo del arbol?
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Pero esta la mesa debajo del arbol?
No en la mesa de lado de la pisina.
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Donde es la mesa?
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Donde es la mesa?
Donde esta la mesa?
~Gooch

gidgetgoestohell

Yeah...I love the color of your shoes....isnt that what we were talking about???

ROTFLMAO
Gidge

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Yeah...I love the color of your shoes....isnt that what we were talking about???

ROTFLMAO
I'll make a Mexican out of you yet!!!
~Gooch

MicheBel

pantalones

Post by MicheBel »

Is this the old "pussy in the pants" discussion again?

:roll:

--Miche :wink:
gidgetgoestohell

Fuck if I know...I got lost back at cerveza......
Gidge