Lily Allen Debut Album Revealed

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Matthew Solarski reports:
Several weeks now into our summer fling, and Pitchfork's hearts only continue to grow fonder for Miss Lily Allen, London's lovely singer/sampler who has the blogs abuzz and the message board elite swooning all over itself. If you're one of the 335,000-plus starry-eyed saps who've graced Allen's MySpace recently, you know this fetching lass has Summertime Sensation written all over her. Tunes like "LDN", "Smile", and "Knock 'Em Out" redefine infectious, but for every teaspoon of sugar Lily serves up, we get two bushels of hipster-friendly spice. So where's the bloomin' album already?? Easy tiger, it won't be long now.

NME.com reports that Allen will drop her crazy-anticipated debut, Alright, Still, on July 17 via Regal/Parlophone. Can't contain yourself that long? Lily hits us with the single "Smile" on July 3. An unconfirmed tracklist is floating around the internet, and it looks a lil' something like this:

01 Smile
02 Knock 'Em Out
03 LDN
04 Everythings Just Wonderful
05 Not Big
06 Friday Night
07 Shame for You
08 Littlest Things
09 Take What You Take
10 Friend of Mine
11 Alfie

In addition to being an irresistible songstress, Lily is also a budding DJ. She made a splash with her first mixtape, and now she's back with the sequel, which you, savvy interweb guru, may download here. Then get ready for some live Lily action as the daughter of actor/comedian/Fat Les member Keith Allen takes to the road. Gal could well be selling out Wembley Arena by this time next year, so our UK brethren would do well to catch her now, at one of these relatively intimate club gigs and/or fest dates:

06-24 Nottingham, England - Stealth Vs. The Rescue Rooms
06-28 Leeds, England - Bad Sneakers
06-30 Sheffield, England - Plug
07-17 London, England - Bush Hall
07-18 London, England - Bush Hall
08-06 Ledbury, England - Eastnor Castle Deer Park (The Big Chill)
08-18 Huntingdon, England - Secret Garden Party
08-26 Cardiff, Wales - Coopers Field (Get Loaded in the Park Festival)
08-27 London, England - Clapham Common (Get Loaded in the Park Festival)

Please take a moment now to pause and appreciate that we made it through this entire news blurb without a single gild-the-Lily joke. Standards, my friends, standards.

* Pitchfork Track Review: Lily Allen: "LDN"
* Lily Allen: http://www.lilyallenmusic.com
* Lily Allen on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lilymusic
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley