Crowded House to reform!

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

gidgetgoestohell

Crowded House to reform!

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Crowded House, one of Australia's most successful bands in the late 1980s and early 1990s, are reforming to record an album and go on tour.

Singer-songwriter Neil Finn said Wednesday he would reunite with fellow founding member Nick Seymour. He said they had spent part of last year writing music together.

"We are now announcing our intention to reform Crowded House with a new record entitled, `Time on Earth,"' Finn said.

"It feels right to us that the band should re-emerge at this time and ... we look forward to reconnecting with the audience that we established and for whom we still hold a deep respect," he said in a statement.

Crowded House, formed in 1985, had a series of hits, including "Something So Strong" and "World Where You Live," from their debut self-titled album. They disbanded in 1996 after seven albums and a series of farewell shows that were capped by a performance on the steps of the Sydney Opera House.

They will play their first comeback shows at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., in late April, the statement said.

"We aim to make the upcoming shows and the new music every bit as vital and spirited as what has come before," Finn said.

Paul Hester, another founding member, died in March 2005.

Finn said the band was holding auditions for a new drummer.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
The Rizen shloemoe

Re: Crowded House to reform!

Post by The Rizen shloemoe »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Crowded House, one of Australia's most successful bands in the late 1980s and early 1990s, are reforming to record an album and go on tour.

Singer-songwriter Neil Finn said Wednesday he would reunite with fellow founding member Nick Seymour. He said they had spent part of last year writing music together.

"We are now announcing our intention to reform Crowded House with a new record entitled, `Time on Earth,"' Finn said.

"It feels right to us that the band should re-emerge at this time and ... we look forward to reconnecting with the audience that we established and for whom we still hold a deep respect," he said in a statement.

Crowded House, formed in 1985, had a series of hits, including "Something So Strong" and "World Where You Live," from their debut self-titled album. They disbanded in 1996 after seven albums and a series of farewell shows that were capped by a performance on the steps of the Sydney Opera House.

They will play their first comeback shows at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., in late April, the statement said.

"We aim to make the upcoming shows and the new music every bit as vital and spirited as what has come before," Finn said.

Paul Hester, another founding member, died in March 2005.

Finn said the band was holding auditions for a new drummer.
That song "dont dream it's over" is a masterpiece
Having abandoned my search for truth,
I am now looking for a good fantasy.
--Anonymous Internet Sage

...Some men...ya just can't reach...
--The Captain from "Cool Hand Luke"
gidgetgoestohell

I love Crowded House....but I hate Coachella....
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

They are sure to play in L.A on or around that time. All the Coachelle bands do.

It seems like a cool line up for Coachella.

I am surprised that CH are so far down the line up.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
The Rizen shloemoe

Glenn wrote:They are sure to play in L.A on or around that time. All the Coachelle bands do.

It seems like a cool line up for Coachella.

I am surprised that CH are so far down the line up.
It's about the teenagers...isn't it?

--The Captain from "Cool Hand Luke"
gidgetgoestohell

Himself is pretty chuffed about going...he wants to see rage...I say...more power to ya...mommy is staying HOME....
Gidge

The Rizen shloemoe

yeah...jumpin sardines in the desert :shock:
...and then ya cant possibly like all those
bands...stickin it out through sucky bands
....well...sucks