Lemonheads

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Lemonheads

Post by obiwankobe »

New Lemonheads Lineup Working on Album

Zach Vowell reports:
When the Great Alt-Rock Cash-In finally sputtered out, Atlantic Records dropped the Lemonheads. Years later Evan Dando re-emergesd with a solo album on Bar/None Records and a steady girlfriend. That was 2003. Then earlier this month, while not many people were busy calculating that it had been nine years since their last album, a Lemonheads lineup consisting of Dando and two members of the Descendents appeared unexpectedly in Spain at the Benicassim Festival to play a hit-laden, career-spanning set list. That could have been a fluke, but no! It appears that the 21st century will witness a Lemonheads LP after all.

According to several sources, including the band's manager, this new Descendent-heavy incarnation of the Lemonheads have been recording at Blasting Room Studios in Fort Collins, Colo. The new album, according to MTV.com, will be released some time next spring.

Conveniently enough, the Lemonheads will be setting out on a tour once they finish recording the new album. They have one appearance lined up already: October 2 at the Across the Narrows Festival in New York. Maybe we'll even see a tour by the end of the year-- it's hard to tell. Evan Dando's webhome is under construction and there's no record label to contact. Perhaps he's just out for a pack of smokes.

* Pitchfork Review: Evan Dando: Baby I'm Bored
* Evan Dando: http://www.evandando.com
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Mmmmmm....mmmmmm.....CANDY......
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I o.d.-ed on these as a kid, but I still love them....
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

And red hots....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Jaw breakers....
~Gooch

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Ew!

The lemonhead box makes a great whistle
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas