Cursive

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Cursive

Post by obiwankobe »

Gretta Cohn Leaves Cursive to Pursue Solo Project

Kati Llewellyn reports:
We know you probably already read about this on your friend’s MySpace blog, but just in case you were away at band camp, here’s the deal: On August 23, Saddle Creek emo gods Cursive announced on their website that cellist Gretta Cohn had left the band. Translation: no more strings, no more sass. Need a tissue? According to Cursive’s publicist, after four years sawing behind Tim Kasher’s screams, Cohn bought a one-way ticket out of Omaha and moved back to her hometown of New York. She plans to spend the fall working on a solo project, singing and songwriting in addition to playing cello and drums. An album featuring collaborations with “her good friends at Saddle Creek, in New York and elsewhere” (Conor, maybe?) is tentatively scheduled for a spring 2006 release. Cursive’s website statement said, “The split is very amicable: the band wishes her well and she in turn eagerly anticipates the new Cursive material to come. Cursive will not be seeking a replacement.” Awww… hugs all around.

But what’s that about new material? The now Grettaless Cursive will be putting together a new album throughout fall and winter, the release of which is slated for mid-2006. Those who need their fix now can check out the band's "new" collection, The Difference Between Houses and Homes (Lost Songs and Loose Ends 1995-2001). There will also be some surprise Cursive shows in the near future. Diehard fans should refresh the band's official website over and over again until information is posted. How do you think we get our news?

* Pitchfork Review: Cursive: The Difference Between Houses and Homes
* Pitchfork News: Saddle Creek Prepares DVD Set
* Cursive: http://cursivearmy.com/
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

:(
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

~scratching head~ I dunt get Emo crap.....
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~