Tegan & Sara

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Tegan & Sara

Post by obiwankobe »

Northern State Teaming Up with Tegan and Sara for American Tour

Nick Patch reports:
Do the ladies run this motherfucker? Hell yeah! Long Island rap trio Northern State are heading out on the road with Canadian wonder twins Tegan and Sara in October, ready to debut new material and, as always, rock a party.

The girls are fresh off a seemingly not-totally-amicable (but voluntary) split from Columbia Records, which released their debut album All City last year. But unlike most ex-lovers, NS are completely open about their break-up.

"We had some really amazing experiences making All City, working with some of our hip hop heroes like Pete Rock and Muggs from Cypress Hill," MC Spero said in a press release. "But you take a real risk when you sign with a major, and we knew that going into it." Sadly, the risk in question involved disappointment over Columbia's level of promotion for the record and not, say, Jello-wrestling alligators. If it had been Jello-wrestling alligators, you have to admit, that would have been cool.

But on to bigger and better things! The hook up with Tegan and Sara grew from e-mail exchanges between Spero and Tegan, wherein the girls expressed a mutual admiration for each other's music. The groups eventually met up and discussed "how much it sucks to feel like we're the only girls everywhere we go, especially when we're on the road," Spero said.

We're pretty sure women are actually sighted regularly in many of the cities below, but we can't vouch for all of them. Like, Bloomington could just be one giant Iron John group. We wouldn't know. Dates:

10-02 Providence, RI - Lupo's *
10-03 New Haven, CT - Toad's Place *
10-04 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street *
10-06 Detroit, MI - The Majestic *
10-07 Chicago, IL - The Metro *
10-08 Grinnell, IA - Harris Center Concert Hall, Grinnell College *
10-09 Bloomington, IN - Buskirk Chumley Theater *
10-10 Urbana, IL - Canopy Club *
10-11 Columbia, MO - Missouri Theater *
10-15 Berkeley, CA - Pauley Ballroom, UC Berkeley *
10-16 Sacramento, CA - University Ballroom, Cal State Sacramento *
10-17 Chico, CA - Bell Memorial Union #006, Cal State Chico *
10-18 Eugene, OR - McDonald Theater *
10-19 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom *
10-20 Seattle, WA - The Crocodile

* with Tegan and Sara

* Northern State: http://www.northernstate.net
* Tegan and Sara: http://www.teganandsara.com
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Tegan and Sara Coming to DVD

Seeing double? Don't be alarmed. Canada's favorite tune-carrying twins, Tegan and Sara, are set to follow in the footsteps of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Nah, no eating disorders or public breakups. Rather, T&S are headed down the road towards media mogul-dom, with the release of their DVD, It's Not Fun, Don't Do It!

The disc hits stores in North America and Australia courtesy of Vapor/Sanctuary Records tomorrow, August 8. In addition to a full live concert from a performance at Toronto, Ontario's Phoenix Concert Theatre, the disc includes a segment on the making of 2004's So Jealous, a tour documentary, music videos for "Walking With a Ghost", "Speak Slow", "I Hear Noises", "Living Room", and "Monday, Monday, Monday", a photo album, and band commentary.

Unlike most bands, Tegan and Sara are actually funny. So the commentary will actually be worth listening to.

Tracklist:

01 I Bet It Stung
02 I Know, I Know, I Know
03 I Hear Noises
04 Monday, Monday, Monday
05 Not Tonight
06 So Jealous
07 Where Does the Good Go
08 Speak Slow
09 Downtown
10 This Is Everything
11 Walking With a Ghost
12 Living Room
13 You Wouldn't Like Me

Tegan & Sara are writing new material for their full length, which is tentatively scheduled for a 2007 release.
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley