Kasabian DVD

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Kasabian DVD

Post by obiwankobe »

Kasabian to Release Live DVD

David Nadelle reports:
The last thing the world needs is another hype-powered UK band, but, well, life ain't fair. Press darlings Kasabian will release the DVD Live from Brixton Academy on November 7; the disc will feature 14 songs taken from their December 15, 2004 show in London, as well as a tour documentary called "Expanding the Empire" which features the band "conquering" Japan and America. The Brixton Academy show has been available as a digital download from various online retailers since July, but we all know it just isn't the same if we can't see their pretty faces. DVD tracklist:

01 I.D.
02 Cutt Off
03 Reason is Treason
04 Running Battle
05 Processed Beats
06 55
07 Test Transmission
08 Butcher Blues
09 Night Workers
10 Pan Am Slit Scan
11 L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)
12 U Boat
13 Ovary Stripe
14 Club Foot

The band have been opening for Oasis over here in the U.S. recently; we assume that after their set, Kasabian go and take careful notes on their fellow British rowdies' stage antics. You know, learning from the masters and all that. They'll also be playing the second day of the Across the Narrows Fest in New York City this weekend, alongside Oasis, Jet, the Lemonheads, Doves, Jesse Malin and the Redwalls.

Those last few dates:

09-29 Columbia, MD - Merriwether Post Pavilion *#
09-30 Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Blossom Music Center *#
10-02 Staten Island, NY - Across the Narrows Festival *#
10-03 Atlantic City, NJ - House of Blues *

* with Oasis
# with Jet

* Pitchfork Review: Kasabian: Kasabian
* Kasabian: http://www.kasabian.co.uk/kasabian
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
Mojogrrl

Coolness...

Post by Mojogrrl »

I've seen Kasabian a couple of times (Coachella, Henry Fonda Theatre) and have found them to be quite enjoyable...and seemingly graceful and grateful towards the audience.

Although they are come off as arrogant in the press, I can't imagine they would try to pull off the curmudgeonly image that Oasis has perfected...
looking forward to the DVD! :D
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I saw them @ the Hollywood bowl w / Oasis. They were very good, and were very friendly with the fans. I saw them on Subterranean beofre the tour, and the host asked them if they were worried about having to open for Oasis, and they said, "No, were worried about surviving on this tour"
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley