Decemberists On Elliott Smith Tribute

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Oct 03, 2005

Elliott Smith was an important fixture of the Portland, Oregon music scene for a number of years, and on February 7, the Portland-based indie Expunged will be releasing a tribute album in honor of the late singer-songwriter titled To: Elliott From: Portland. The record is set to feature Smith's tunes covered by numerous Portland acts, including such luminaries as the Decemeberists ("Clementine"), the Thermals ("Ballad Of Big Nothing") and even Quannum-signed hip-hop duo the Lifesavas ("Happiness"). In addition to the standard interpretations of Smith favorites, his friend Sean Croghan is set to cover an unreleased Smith song called "Hard Times," while Eric Matthews' is reviving a full-band version of "Needle In The Hay" that was shelved in favor of the stripped-down version that ultimately appeared on Smith's self-titled record. Ten percent of the record's proceeds will go to the Free Arts For Abused Children, the charity established by the Elliott Smith Foundation.

Tracklist For To: Elliott From: Portland:
[sequencing of tracks may change]
01. The Decemberists - Clementine
02. Helio Sequence - Satellite
03. The Thermals - Ballad of Big Nothing
04. Crosstide - Angeles
05. Amelia - Between the Bars
06. Dolorean - The Biggest Lie
07. Sexton Blake - Rose Parade
08. Swords - I Didn't Understand
09. Sean Croghan - High Times (previously unreleased track)
10. Lifesavas - Happiness
11. Jeff Trott - Wouldn't Mama Be Proud
12. Society of People of Ambiance and Elegance - Speed Trials
13. To Live and Die in LA - Kings Crossing
14. We Are Telephone - Division Days
15. Eric Matthews - Needle in the Hay

http://www.sweetadeline.net
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

That's awesome. Elliott Smith was so amazing. This is gonna be cool, I mean The Thermals!!!!! And Dolorean! Nice
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas