Annie'll love this....seriously; well some of it

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Annie'll love this....seriously; well some of it

Post by obiwankobe »

Strokes Confirm Album Title, Release Date, Tracks

Amy Phillips reports:
Julian Casablancas, the rumors are true: On January 3, fashion plates/punching bags the Strokes will release their hotly anticipated third album, entitled First Impressions of Earth. It's said to be "heavier" and "more diverse" than the group's two previous full-lengths, but whose third record isn't? We're also guessing it's "more soulful" and "the album the band has always wanted to make." The disc will contain the following songs, but not necessarily in this order:

You Only Live Once
Juicebox
Heart in a Cage
Razor Blade
On the Other Side
Electricityscape
Killing Lies
Fearo Sleep
15 Minutes
Vision of Division
Red Light
Evening Sun
The Ize of the World
Ask Me Anything

But don't get your hopes up, folks. The utterly horrendous first single "Juicebox" was released to radio last week. It sounds like Weezer's "Hash Pipe", but worse, and makes me never want to punch a plastic straw through a foil hole ever again. First Impressions of Earth was produced by David Kahne, who has brought the magic sounds of winners like Fishbone, Sugar Ray, 311, and Sublime to life. Longtime Strokes producer Gordon Raphael handled three tracks, however, so maybe they'll at least sound like the French Kicks.

The Strokes currently have a brief festival tour of South America scheduled for later this month, with buzz-gathering club shows in Europe, the UK, Japan, Australia, and North America, as well as a large-scale U.S. tour, in the works. Watch the pretty boys stand in one place and do the same motions over and over again, but in a tropical setting, here:

10-21 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Museum of Modern Art
10-22 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Armazem 5 Cais Do Porto
10-23 Sao Paulo, Brazil - Sambodromo Anhembi
10-25 Porto Alegre, Brazil - Pavihao Em Frente Ao Aeroporto
10-28 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Club Ciudad
10-29 Santiago, Chile - Espacio Riesco

* Pitchfork Review: The Strokes: Room on Fire
* Pitchfork News: The Strokes Reveal More Details on New LP
* Pitchfork News: Strokes LP Release Date Set; Potential Single Named
* The Strokes: http://www.thestrokes.com
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Re: Annie'll love this....seriously; well some of it

Post by *Annie* »

obiwankobe wrote:Strokes Confirm Album Title, Release Date, Tracks

Watch the pretty boys stand in one place and do the same motions over and over again, but in a tropical setting* The Strokes:
I've come to the conclusion that Pitchfork is just a bunch of morons.
Although that last coment rang very true.... with the exception of Julian, on the last few shows I attended, he comes out into the pit and stumbles among the crowd, sometimes telling people to touch him. He's also threatened he'll remove his pants. He once stood in a corner and sang an entire song to a speaker. I honestly could care less if they stand in one place, because they look, sound and feel great while doing it. They have amazing stage presense without pulling out all the moves and stunts.
Although Juicebox proved to be a bit of a disapointment, I'm still excited about the album, I mean... it's THE STROKES!!!!!!!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I've come to the conclusion that everyone is a bunch of morons, us too. That's how it is with music, if other people don't like what you like then they are "morons", so we're all "morons" to someone
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Hahahha, true.... except me, I'm always right.
I was just thinking about this last night, I can talk religion, gay issues, politics or any other sensitive subject with someone with a completely different point of view and not get offended or even offend..... when it comes to music I just can't. This girl in class was going on about Blink 182 last night and I couldn't help myself, I had to tell her she had shitty taste in music. It's just the one subject where I can't give in....
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas