Beck to Release Remixed Guero

Anything music or band related.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Beck to Release Remixed Guero

Post by obiwankobe »

Making one version of an album is so over. Only lazy suckers think you shouldn't exhume your work in one form or another. Interpol, Bloc Party, the Killers, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, and Death from Above 1979 have all done it, so why not Beck?

According to various news sources, Beck will release Guerolito, a remixed version of his latest album, Guero, some time this December. The lineup of knob-twiddlers hasn't been firmed up yet, but is said to include Boards of Canada, Dizzee Rascal, Ad Rock of the Beastie Boys, 8-bit, Röyksopp, Paza, the Dust Brothers' John King (the production team behind Guero and Odelay), French electronic pop duo Octet, and experimental rock act Homelife, among others.

No stranger to being remixed, Beck has had his work tweaked by everybody from Aphex Twin to Noel Gallagher of Oasis to Cornelius in the past, and several mixes of Guero songs have previously been released. Beck is just as adventurous with album art as he is with music, so the artwork from Guero will also receive an overhaul by the original artist, Marcel Dzama. Maybe he'll add more decapitated heads or other wacky Dada shit for good measure

Ever the consummate showman, Beck will perform a few select dates out West this month. Tales of boarding jet planes to Rio and/or the busting out of James Brown moves await at these dates:

10-27 San Diego, CA-- Rimac Arena, UCSD
10-28 Phoenix, AZ-- Veterans Memorial Coliseum
10-29 Las Vegas, NV-- Sam Boyd Stadium
10-30 Las Vegas, NV-- Sam Boyd Stadium

* Pitchfork Review: Beck: Guero
* Pitchfork News: Beck Video Retrospective to Appear on Big Screen
* Beck: http://www.beck.com
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Heheh, cute... should be good, it's a good album to begin with.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I agree! You seen the video for "Girl"? It's a cool video, it's kind of like oragami with a video camera
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Yeah! It's a really cool video... the way the image folds in and turns into something different... it's like the back page of the old MAD Magazines.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas