Yesterday on Jonesy...

All song questions here.

Moderator: Admin

assholitis

Yesterday on Jonesy...

Post by assholitis »

On Jonesy's rebroadcast yesterday, one of the first songs he played was called Love Letters Straight From Your Heart. Did anyone happen to catch who sang that particular version? I really liked it.
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

No idea.... my favorite version is Diana Krall though.
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas

Re: Yesterday on Jonesy...

Post by Guest »

assholitis wrote:On Jonesy's rebroadcast yesterday, one of the first songs he played was called Love Letters Straight From Your Heart. Did anyone happen to catch who sang that particular version? I really liked it.
Was it a bluesy, raspy male voice? May have been the Scottish singer Frankie Miller. Jonesy has played his version before. (Not to be confused with the American hillbilly singer by the same name.)
RobertKP

Re: Yesterday on Jonesy...

Post by RobertKP »

Anonymous wrote:
assholitis wrote:On Jonesy's rebroadcast yesterday, one of the first songs he played was called Love Letters Straight From Your Heart. Did anyone happen to catch who sang that particular version? I really liked it.
Was it a bluesy, raspy male voice? May have been the Scottish singer Frankie Miller. Jonesy has played his version before. (Not to be confused with the American hillbilly singer by the same name.)
Error, error - That was me, thought I was still logged in.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

was it yesterday that Jonezy was playing Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Rappers Delight etc? i have to say bravo .... bra-VO
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
July Cleaver

Post by July Cleaver »

And young MC, and lots more - I felt like I was at the Red Onion, all over again...
...and then at the end of the letter I like to write "P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.-- Mitch Hedberg
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

singing we will we will rock you...

i thought it was kinda cool how Jonezy was playing guitar over rapper's delight
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

biLzamo wrote:was it yesterday that Jonezy was playing Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Rappers Delight etc? i have to say bravo .... bra-VO
Don't forget the Roxbury song by Haddaway. :D
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Haha Damn Robert, you are good! I was going to mention that Jonesy has played it in the past to see if that helped jot anyone's memory, but you got it. Thanks. :D

*sireofwilshire*
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

assholitis wrote:Haha Damn Robert, you are good! I was going to mention that Jonesy has played it in the past to see if that helped jot anyone's memory, but you got it. Thanks. :D
Thanks but I can't take all the credit. I remembered seeing the song listed on one of Jade's old Jonesy blogs so I perused her archives (sounds smuttier than just "I looked it up".)
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Hey, what you do on your own time is between you and Jade. :wink:

*sireofwilshire*
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

assholitis wrote:Hey, what you do on your own time is between you and Jade. :wink:
What free time? I'm married :wink:
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

RobertKP wrote:
biLzamo wrote:was it yesterday that Jonezy was playing Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Rappers Delight etc? i have to say bravo .... bra-VO
Don't forget the Roxbury song by Haddaway. :D
Haha!!! I celebrated my 21st B-day at the Roxbury. Was dying to run into Shannon Doherty, but considering I was intoxicated, she would have killed me...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."