MySpace Infidels

Suggestions go here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

MySpace Infidels

Post by obiwankobe »

Jack there are people posting in the new bands section with links to myspace. Can we prevent any link to myspace from being posted. We are here because MySpace blows goats. We need to strengthen our borders and fight off the infidels
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

Eh, myspace is good for pictures, but not good for chatting so I'm not worried :)
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

But Jack...they blow GOATS.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
MicheBel

no border closings

Post by MicheBel »

All the bands have a MySpace page, that's part of the reason Indie chose to go there. We don't have to close our borders. WE are the love and friendlieness group. (Well, except when it comes to that heathen Poopee Johnny.)

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Can I be the enforcer??? Pllleeeeaaase????
Gidge

MicheBel

Enforce-orama

Post by MicheBel »

Keep Kristeee away from the guns. I'm just saying... :wink:
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

GUNS??? Oh Miche, you know just what to say to get my panties moist...~blushing shyly~
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Does she get a uniform too? Cause this might get messy. :?
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Guns AND uniforms??? OH MY...~swoon~
Gidge

MicheBel

Guns and uniforms and Kristee, oh my!

Post by MicheBel »

Just call her "Kristee, Maedchen in Uniform" heh

:wink: --Miche, the IRLV
gidgetgoestohell

Or...

Kristee...Part One of Gang of Four...AH sooooo...
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Why don't you loose the Indie logo and make a Jacks Shack logo. If it's a lttle more generic we could actually start to market it as an indie forum & add a content website. Maybe put in a front end indie music news etc. OF course we can make in indie 1301 friendly. We can just do what we want without having to worry about what their plans are or what they think.

Also are you backing this beauty up?
MicheBel

Indie Shack

Post by MicheBel »

Nah. I mean, we could create a "Jack's Shack" or "Jack's Office" logo for him, but I think the Indie logo should stay. It is so Indie-driven, even if they did exile us and all...

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Exile scmecxile. I CHOSE to leave. hehehehhehehehehe
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Oooh, exiled. Is that what happened to us? That's kind of exciting. We're like the dirty dozen of Indie!

-Kevin, the Mountie of Orange County

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Exiled Dirty Dozen

Post by MicheBel »

More or less.

"it was a business decision"

You translate that California-ese.

"We won't disband this, but we are transferring our focus to MySpace"

um hum

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

IE: We decide you bunch have WAY TOO MUCH to say so off you go into the never never land that is MySpace. They didn't know that we had Jack!! Ahhh haa haa haa...~rubbing hands and making plans~
Gidge

MicheBel

Exiles

Post by MicheBel »

Yeah! We showed them, huh? :D

(well, at least until Jack's page goes down...for a few days...)

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

We sure did...I guess that it's back to Yahoo for our daily fix then, huh???
Gidge

MicheBel

back to Yahoo for a few days

Post by MicheBel »

Yeah, I guess. :cry:
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Boy, the MySpace crowd sure are bitchy. They just tore apart Jack's link to this forum cause they thought it was "lame" to be taking attention away from their precious MySpace forum. I posted a reply defending the integrity and viability of this board, though. :D

-Kevin, The Non-White Man in Hammersmith Palais

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Kevin:

I am surprised that people actually like the MySpace option. ~shaking head~
Gidge

MicheBel

Defending Our Honor

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:Boy, the MySpace crowd sure are bitchy. They just tore apart Jack's link to this forum cause they thought it was "lame" to be taking attention away from their precious MySpace forum. I posted a reply defending the integrity and viability of this board, though. :D

-Kevin, The Non-White Man in Hammersmith Palais
Thanks, Kev. :)

Well, it was just Christina. I think she was bitchy in the Yahoo forum too. Good riddance to 'em.

The Internet's a big place. Plenty of room for all of us.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Kev:

I just "blogged" a link to this place. Fuckem, I can probably kick ALL their asses anyway. LMAO
Gidge

MicheBel

Slap her for me

Post by MicheBel »

You and me, Kristee. I could definitely stand to give that bitch Christina a good slap.

The NERVE. "You guys aren't official"--honestly! "Your forum wasn't created by Indie." That bitch needs to be put down.

However, their forum is still stiltifyingly boring, with VERY few people posting, so it doesn't bother me that much. They and Featherbrick can do whatever they do over there, and we'll do what we do over here, and there will be peace on earth everywhere.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

I guess offical means alot to some people. Personally, I could give two twists of my knickers about THAT.

All I know is, is that we have a rockin' good group of people who are fun to post/chat with here and kick ass in a curry smellin' skeazy motel. I love the whole group of yas and would die defending yas too.

Ok...now that's it for the sentimentality... :lol:
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yeah, all she had to do was not click on the link. Or even protested nicely like the next person did...but she put down Jack and the forum in such a snide, rude way that I just had to post and defend our awesome Jack Off forum! I don't remember her from the Yahoo group, maybe she was still using the screen name Poopee Johnnie. :D
Fuckem, I can probably kick ALL their asses anyway.
This is why we nominated you head of security. :wink:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

MySpace BLECH

Post by MicheBel »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:I guess offical means alot to some people. Personally, I could give two twists of my knickers about THAT.

All I know is, is that we have a rockin' good group of people who are fun to post/chat with here and kick ass in a curry smellin' skeazy motel. I love the whole group of yas and would die defending yas too.

See, that's the thing I object to, with the whole Yahoo to MySpace migration. We HAD created a community over there, a community which really has successfully migrated over here. Personally I see the core of us continuing in some form for years.

But they just dissed that by saying "we are going over to MySpace now." They still don't get the slap in the face that that was to us. (Or don't care, not sure.)

But yeah, it's LA. Only the "officially sanctioned" group is gonna be recognized by some people. But I like the punk persona that gives us. The group outside authority. It makes it way cooler, IMHO.

And the bottom line is: Do you love Indie? Or don't you? If so, you are welcome here, if it's "officially sanctioned" or not. Gotta love the Internet for that, the great equalizer.

As I was telling an Indie person who shall remain nameless, the only thing that's really still missing is the chat option (on both MySpace and here, well, and Yahoo). I think there is really a need for real-time chat with the DJs, and even though Jack's weblink is great, for whatever reason, Indie hasn't coordinated this.

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Hm, that might be pretty cool. I don't know how computer-friendly Jonesy is, but I could definitely see TK or Dicky, or especially the Camp Freddy guys coming to a chatroom with fans.

P.s. Has anyone ever IM'ed Jonesy or Shovel on AIM or Yahoo? And how about the webcam?

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Christina

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:Yeah, all she had to do was not click on the link. Or even protested nicely like the next person did...but she put down Jack and the forum in such a snide, rude way that I just had to post and defend our awesome Jack Off forum! I don't remember her from the Yahoo group, maybe she was still using the screen name Poopee Johnnie. :D

-Kevin
Oh, she was there. She's not Poopee Johnny. Poopee at least has a purpose to life. Christina was bitching in Yahoo about us not staying on topic and talking about whatever we wanted.

The first thing she writes on MySpace is: <huffy> I certainly hope you guys are gonna do some good moderating, keep those scumbag slime out that just talk about nonsense."

Fuck her.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

assholitis wrote:Yeah, all she had to do was not click on the link. Or even protested nicely like the next person did...but she put down Jack and the forum in such a snide, rude way that I just had to post and defend our awesome Jack Off forum! I don't remember her from the Yahoo group, maybe she was still using the screen name Poopee Johnnie. :D
Fuckem, I can probably kick ALL their asses anyway.
This is why we nominated you head of security. :wink:

-Kevin
ok...you just cracked me up....LOL
Gidge

gidgetgoestohell

Re: Christina

MicheBel wrote:

-Kevin
Oh, she was there. She's not Poopee Johnny. Poopee at least has a purpose to life. Christina was bitching in Yahoo about us not staying on topic and talking about whatever we wanted.

The first thing she writes on MySpace is: <huffy> I certainly hope you guys are gonna do some good moderating, keep those scumbag slime out that just talk about nonsense."

Fuck her.

--Miche

Where the hell is THAT posted at???
Gidge

MicheBel

Technology

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:Hm, that might be pretty cool. I don't know how computer-friendly Jonesy is, but I could definitely see TK or Dicky, or especially the Camp Freddy guys coming to a chatroom with fans.

P.s. Has anyone ever IM'ed Jonesy or Shovel on AIM or Yahoo? And how about the webcam?

-Kevin
Jonesy isn't so good with computers.

Not to worry. The jocks will be doing chats someday.

The studio webcam, however, is down until such a time that it can be permanently installed and left alone.

--Miche

PS to Kristee--those quotes were from the Indie MySpace "forum." Lame though it is.
Last edited by MicheBel on Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gidgetgoestohell

Re: MySpace BLECH

MicheBel wrote:
gidgetgoestohell wrote:I guess offical means alot to some people. Personally, I could give two twists of my knickers about THAT.

See, that's the thing I object to, with the whole Yahoo to MySpace migration. We HAD created a community over there, a community which really has successfully migrated over here. Personally I see the core of us continuing in some form for years.

I am not sure that they know just how to cordinate a ton of things...I am clueless as to why they would disregard the supporters that were posting on Yahoo. All I know that we are all here now and we are all happy with our little group. So neener neener to them!

But they just dissed that by saying "we are going over to MySpace now." They still don't get the slap in the face that that was to us. (Or don't care, not sure.)

But yeah, it's LA. Only the "officially sanctioned" group is gonna be recognized by some people. But I like the punk persona that gives us. The group outside authority. It makes it way cooler, IMHO.

And the bottom line is: Do you love Indie? Or don't you? If so, you are welcome here, if it's "officially sanctioned" or not. Gotta love the Internet for that, the great equalizer.

As I was telling an Indie person who shall remain nameless, the only thing that's really still missing is the chat option (on both MySpace and here, well, and Yahoo). I think there is really a need for real-time chat with the DJs, and even though Jack's weblink is great, for whatever reason, Indie hasn't coordinated this.

--Miche
Gidge

Post by Guest »

I wanna be the meat in a Kristee-MicheBel sandwich!
:D
jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

I've been gone for a while on homework island, someone want to fill me in on this rude post? :)
gidgetgoestohell

Uuuuhh...I guess Miche and I have an admirer??? All I can hope is that he's young and smoking hot....~arranges her old lady jump on young meat skirt~
Gidge

assholitis

Post by assholitis »

I've been here daily and that comment still made no sense to me either, Jack. Pretty much just out of left field.

P.s. I thought we blocked guests from posting to prevent these kind of random weirdos leaving obscure messages.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Hey man...don't go raining on an old lady's parade...ya young whipper snappers..... :lol:
Gidge

MicheBel

Mystery Man

Post by MicheBel »

Anonymous wrote:I wanna be the meat in a Kristee-MicheBel sandwich!
:D
Oh sure, you say that hiding behind a "Guest" moniker. Come out and show yourself!

(Well, at least to Kristee and me anyway...) heh

--Miche :wink:
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

What part would you like him to show you? :wink:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Anything ABOVE the knees and below the belly button...
Gidge

MicheBel

parts is parts

Post by MicheBel »

assholitis wrote:What part would you like him to show you? :wink:

-Kevin
Um, I'm ok with his EYES. :wink:

--Miche
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Anything ABOVE the knees and below the belly button...
Michebel wrote:Um, I'm ok with his EYES.

Well, it'd be very difficult to accomodate both of your requests, but I think I have just the freak-er guy in mind. :D

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Miche LIES. She might SAY that she was okay with the eyes...but what she REALLY means...~twirling the secret IRLV decoder ring~ Is.....gimme something above the knee and below the belly button....

The secret decoder wring NEVER EVER EVER lies....
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahahaha, I never read this before, this is so funny... considering I was part of that...
I do love that MySpace!
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

Decode this!

Post by MicheBel »

Damn that Kristee and her secret decoder ring! :oops:

I say EYES and I'm sticking to it...

...slinking away

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

~does her little goofy I TOLD YOU SO grin and stuffs the magic decoder ring away for future use~
Gidge

Orris

Color me dumb, but I don't get it...

Post by Orris »

I'm a big indie fan and we LOOOOOOOVE Jonesy. We will lick Jonesy wherever he likes, offer him our firstborn (not that we're promising to produce Einsteins or anything...)... We also want to get played on Indie because it's the best station basically ever. And we have a page on Myspace... this is my first time on these boards. I'm in infidel because my band has a Myspace page in addition to our website? I completely don't follow... someone enlighten me? Have I inadvertently treaded unknowingly upon the hallowed ground of the cool kids without going through the proper hazing? Hook us up... sincerely... haze us if u must... we just want to play nice with the cool kids...
assholitis

Re: Color me dumb, but I don't get it...

Post by assholitis »

First off, Orris, welcome Jack's Shack. Second, don't sweat it about the MySpace thing. There was an issue with MySpace initially because the official Indie 103.1 group changed from Yahoo (where most of us came from) to MySpace. We've come to accept that just about every band today has a profile on MySpace and I think all of us even have one.
I'm kind of pre-occupied at the moment, so I only gave your songs a quick listen but I've liked what I've heard so far. I'll be sure and give them a closer listen soon enough. Good luck to your band and I hope to be hearing you guys on Indie in the near future. :)

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Orris:

For me, it's just that I get sucked in and find myself dazed and confused at how I got to where I was an hour later looking at some strangers blog...when I went to do was check my mail....LOL
Gidge

MicheBel

bands

Post by MicheBel »

And Orris, if you wanna get played on Indie, you need to talk to Mr. Shovel. You can send him an email at Indie's MySpace page.

Oh, and welcome to Jack's Shack! We promise to haze you later. heh

--Miche :wink:
Orris (the band)

the cool kids are nice. who knew?

Post by Orris (the band) »

Thanks, Kevin and the cool chick promising to haze us (looking forward to it with baited breath).

Yeah, we sent stuff to Shovel but Lord knows if they received it, loved it, thought we should be burned alive for attempting to make a record or what... Hmmm. :-/

We have national radio promo coming up and are looking to tour. We're a little DIY outfit right now so if anyone has touring advice, we're all ears.

If you want to check out the music, you might even have heard it, but didn't know it 'cause we've been licensed to shows and movies on MTV, the WB, Universal Pictures, blabla. Which is really cool. But no one knows they're hearing us. Which is not as cool. Anyway, we're on iTunes, and Tower.com and Bestbuy.com and other corporate hoo-ha, or as mentioned, come add us on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/orrismusic

or just look at our homespun website:

http://www.orrismusic.com

i didn't mean for this to turn into a giant ad. sincere apologies. but now that i've typed all that shit i'm not erasing it. haha. :)

so what's the hazing? is there nakedness involved?

i'm glad the cool kids are nice. it kinda sounded like we were gonna get punished for having a page on myspace. :) yeah... punished... i'm waiting...
jack
Site Admin

Post by jack »

Want radio play? Email me, punkrockdemo@yahoo.com :)
rotter

Post by rotter »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:GUNS??? Oh Miche, you know just what to say to get my panties moist...~blushing shyly~
Moist panties?.....ohhhhhhhh the stink of it allllll! :P
zzzzzzz

Re: no border closings

Post by zzzzzzz »

MicheBel wrote:All the bands have a MySpace page, that's part of the reason Indie chose to go there. We don't have to close our borders. WE are the love and friendlieness group. (Well, except when it comes to that heathen Poopee Johnny.)

--Miche
what are you on about?