Cover your ass

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

Stuartmm

Cover your ass

Post by Stuartmm »

MMS today was another great cover song show.
Also had Penelope Spheeris .
Best show on Indie. !!!
( too many long,long blocks of adverts , smaller blocks more often maybe )
MicheBel

Covers

Post by MicheBel »

I agree. It was actually the first MMS in a LONG time where I listened from the very beginning to the very end. Loved it, loved it, loved it. And Penelope Spheeris is an incredible, amazing, no bullshit woman. Can't wait for her movie.

They should do a cover show every WEEK.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
biLzamo

MMS

Post by biLzamo »

yeah i only tuned in for about 15 minutes i think but heard some really cool banter between Dic and his guest. they were comparing her movie to Kids and were saying how Kids was more about sex and her movie is more about music, and how someone called her a music anthropologist which she thought was cool.

anyways. the interesting point they brought up was that back then you couldnt listen to different kinds of music without being ostrisized (or beat up) by your various cliques. but nowadays, its "cool" to listen to "whatever". i just dont see why people had to be so narrow minded back then.

talk radio is good when you can listen for just 15 minutes, get drawn in AND feel some closure on the subject they were talking about. i mean he keeps it interesting for the short term as well as the long term listener.
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
MicheBel

Kids

Post by MicheBel »

Yeah, Penelope Spheeris is very interesting. Her movies are pretty incredible too. And the confusion came in because her movie is called "The Kid and I", so some confuse it with "Kids" which is a whole different movie altogether.

--M
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
Stuartmm

That wasnt the confusion.

Post by Stuartmm »

They were talking about "Decline of western civilisation Part 3" which few people have seen and which is about gutter punk kids and their lives.
LIz asked if it was sort of like the movie Kids ( quite rightly if you ask me ) and Penelope said "No, that wasnt her movie as that movie was mainly about sex" So the confusion was not about the name but from a question asked.
MicheBel

kids

Post by MicheBel »

Thank you, Stu for clarifying.

--Miche
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

looks like someone wasnt paying close enough attention
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
Stuartmm

..although

Post by Stuartmm »

... it was funny when Dicky called it the "King and I" :-)