Tony Wilson on Jonesy today

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

Tony Wilson on Jonesy today

Post by MicheBel »

Playlist and lyrics (at least the first half)
FRENTE! Bizarre Love Triangle (sung by an Australian woman, pretty cool, more heartfelt)

Mack and Katie Kissoon--Sugar Candy Kisses (“sugar candy dreaming about the one I love. You showed me what love was like, you and me together until the morning light...my heart skipped a beat, when you held me close to you, what else could I do, but fall in love with you? summer nights I spent with you, oh what I’m thinking of...about the one I love...sugar candy kind of guy, my sugar candy love...so tell me baby you’re gonna stay. you can’t let a love like ours just fade away. hold me close to you. what else can I do? I’m so in love with you. sugar candy dreaming about the one I love.”)

Bernard Cribbins--Right Said Fred
(“both of us together, one at each end. up comes Charlie from the floor below....that there wall is gonna have to go. We were getting nowhere...if we remove the ceiling...was he in trouble, half a ton of rubble ended up on top of his dome. had another cup of tea, and then we went home...you never get nowhere if you’re too hasty.”)

Benny Hill--Lonely Boy (“he’s a lonely boy. listen to the story of the lonely fool who fell in love with teacher while he was at school. she could never be mine. she was 23, I was 39. Lonely boy, lonely boy, why am I such a lonely boy? I went to my first dance, I met sweet Irene. She had the loveliest eyes I had ever seen...lonely boy why am I such a lonely boy? the next girl that I danced with liked me a little better. she had her name embroidered right across her sweater. she had no sense of humor, didn’t like my cheek. her name was pat. My case comes up next week. now my lonely nights are over, since I met Claire. she is the fat tattooed lady from the local fair. the thought makes my heart pound. I’ll have heat in the winter, shade in the summer, and moving pictures all year round. no more will I be a lonely boy.”)

Cliff Richard--Young Ones (“Love me, there’s a song to be sung, and the best time is to sing it while we’re young. Once in every lifetime, comes a love like this. I need you and you need me. Oh my darlin, can’t you see? Our dreams should be dreamed together, and young hearts shouldn’t be afraid. And someday, when the years have flown, then darlin, we’ll teach the young ones of our own. Once in every lifetime comes a love like this. Oh I need you, and you need me. Oh my darlin can’t you see? Should be dreams together. and young hearts shouldn’t be afraid. And someday while the years have flown, then we’ll teach the young ones of our own.")

--Garden of Love (“my garden of love. my spirits rose when we met. a forget me not to remind me to remember to forget. A pine tree to remind me to pine when you’re away...”)

THE DISSOCIATIVES Lifting The Veil From The Braille (instrumental)

Jonny Nash--Cupid (Cupid, draw back your bow, straight to my lover’s heart for me. Nobody else but me... for I love a girl who doesn’t know I exist, and this you can fix. So Cupid draw back your bow, and let your arrow flow, straight to my lover’s heart for me. Nobody else but me. Cupid, please hear my cry, and let your arrow fly. Cupid if your arrow makes her love strong for me, I’ll love her for eternity, Cupid, help me, if you will. Cupid, let your arrow flow straight to my lover’s heart for me. Please hear my cry, and let your arrow fly....my lover’s heart for me.”)

Interesting, eh?
--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Yeah, Frente!'s version is really pretty. I absoloutely adore every time Jonesy plays that one. Actually, I think the first time I ever heard him play it...he took a phone call right before he got into the song and he said that his friend's dog had just passed away. He was really sweet about it and said something along the lines of, "poor thing. He's in doggie heaven now. This one's for you, it's Frente - Bizarre Love Triangle." I must admit, I teared up a bit hearing it. lol
But yeah, Frente actually had another semi-hit after the cover of Bizarre Love Triangle, it's a song called Labour of Love. It's kind of cute, you might want to see if you can track it down anywhere.
I prefer Sam Cooke's version of Cupid. Great song, though.
I like when Jonesy plays Benny Hill - my particular favorite is Ernie (the Fastest Milkmaid in the West).

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*