I <3 Huckabee on Dicky

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

I <3 Huckabee on Dicky

Post by MicheBel »

Wow. Tune into the Morning Show and there's this great guy talking about faith and how politicians need to be in touch with "the hurt" to govern properly. Incredible stuff! Turns out he's the REPUBLICAN governor of Arkansas, who promptly goes on to talk about how you can't judge people by their labels, and that he's actually happy to be sitting there on "Tatt Tuesday" while someone is getting tattooed, cause the tattoo artist could be a great guy that he'd like to hang out with.

Boy did I feel put in my place. And had my horizons broadened. What a GREAT way to start the morning. Congrats again, Morning Show, you keep showing the world what a morning show is SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT!

Great guest!
--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I guess that the Gov. was on Craig Fergeson last night. I guess that there were some problems with his appearance. Personally, I was asleep and didn't watch. He sounded pretty interesting (I was with a client so only caught snippets). Could you fill me in a little bit more?
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
MicheBel

the Governor

Post by MicheBel »

Well, I guess he was ostensibly there to promote some book he wrote about losing weight. But really, that isn't what he talked about at all.

He talked about people's prejudices and how it's easy to judge a person erroneously. And Dicky talked about how originally he worried about having the Governor on on Tatt Tuesday, but the governor assured him it would be cool.

That just because the guy does tattoos doesn't mean that he isn't a cool person to hang out with.

He talked about being an Episcopal preacher, and how people judge you by all these labels ("Episcopal" "preacher" "Republican", etc.) and don't deal with you as a person.

Also, he said that one of the things wrong with government today is that those in power aren't in touch with "those who hurt" and he said that's an essential component of good governance.

Dicky mentioned that he had gotten the guy's book two days before, and started reading it. When he got to the chapter where Huckabee talked about how everyone must "have God in their lives", Dicky was ready to tune out, and thought, "Oh here we go," thinking he was gonna go off on a preacher rant, but that indeed, he agreed with everything Huckabee ended up saying.

(And considering how measured and reasoned the guy was, I can imagine.)

It was really fascinating.

Dicky asked him how he was able to govern, when he's out on book tours all the time (which I thought was really rude of Dicky, actually). The governor sounded a bit taken aback for a moment, then said: I took three days to promote my book. I'm available by email, phone and text messaging, and when I'm there, I work 18 hour days.

It was really a great interview, all in all. Makes me want to read the book, too. (Though they hardly talked about it.) I can't even remember what he said about losing weight, though I know he said something.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!