The sound of Dicky this AM

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

The sound of Dicky this AM

Post by MicheBel »

Man, I thought I was dreaming. This morning, the microphones were all "screwed up" (according to Dicky) but to me, they sounded perfect. Chuck and Liz were coming through crystal clear, and Dicky was in the background, far away. I LOVED IT. I wish they had it like that all the time!

:wink: --Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Hmmm...so then it would be Chuck (no wait...he already has a show) or Liz's we don't know what to call it show??? Hmmmmm
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
MicheBel

feed this

Post by MicheBel »

Dicky was there, but he was getting very incensed.

In the last couple of days, I've heard Dicky yelling at Chuck, and Jonesy yelling at Shovel, both because of faulty equipment...

WHICH, BTW, ISN'T THEIR FAULT!

So get some decent equipment guys!

(Although I think it's funny when people turn knobs and put feedback in Dicky's ear...I do...)

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Uh huh...my point was this: It's the Mighty Morning Show and without Dicky...either in front, behind, foreground whatever, it wouldn't BE the MMS....

I am quite sure that Mr. Barrett is blowing off steam when he's "ranting" at Chuck about the equipment...

I also have it on good authority that every person that is affiliated with the MMS is there because Dicky wants them to be there and because each individual brings something to the table to make the show great....

I always say that a good leader knows how to delegate.....
Gidge

MicheBel

Dicky and his team

Post by MicheBel »

Dicky's not the leader. He's the figurehead, it's different.

INDIE is the leader. They are all there because INDIE wants them to be.

And furthermore, Dicky doesn't strike me either as a "good leader". He's a guy who pushes his way through and muddles through as best he can.

To me, the guiding forces of that show are outside of Dicky Barrett. (THANKFULLY)

Unlike Jonesy's show where the guiding forces seem to be both Jonesy and Mr. Shovel.

I'm just sayin...

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Again Miche. I disagree wholeheartedly. Nothing I can say will ever change your opinion and that is fine, you have the right to have a differing opinion from my own.

With that said, your opinion is just that. YOURS. It is not one that I hold nor do I give any credence to. I feel compelled to call you on what you say because you do LIKE the MMS, aside from Dicky. I am not sure what the solution would be, but, I enjoy the show and I enjoy Dicky personally.

It also bears repeating that your enjoyment of his show is a testament to his ability to find a great group of people who, together, get the job done and do it well, I might add.
Gidge

MicheBel

Opinion vs. fact

Post by MicheBel »

No. There is a difference between opinion and fact.

Dicky didn't find and hire Chuck. INDIE did.

A large percentage of the music played is not controlled by DICKY BARRETT, but by INDIE.

I know these two things to be facts, not my own opinion.

I mean, really, it's kind of a moot point, because it's all the INDIE family after all, but it just bugs me that you give so much of the credit to Dicky when the credit ISN'T his.

I have no doubt that he has a large voice in what happens on his show. That makes sense. But to say that he operates in his own universe and calls his own shots (like Steve Jones does, for example) is erroneous.

Not opinion. Fact.

And even Jonesy by this point, is influenced by other people at Indie. He may want certain guests and whatnot, but it's all based on whom the bookers get.

Frankly, the elements of the Morning Show that I see as specifically "Dicky's"--the Uncle Frank, the tired lame bit with that teacher in and out of jail, the way he mocks the entertainment news, the Aunt Whomever that sounds like a man--are the things that bug me about the show the most.

Seriously, you could remove Dicky Barrett from the picture, and keep the music, Chuck and Liz, and it would be JUST as good a show. And wouldn't be that different from what we hear now.

That's what I'm saying. It's INDIE's well-crafted Morning Show. Not Dicky's.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

I am sorry that you are bugged by my loyalty to Dicky and his show. Boiling it all down to brass tacks and you get this: I like Dicky. I like his Boston accent, I like his sense of humor, I like that he's gracious and genuine, the list goes on and on.

It is not your job to educate me as to why I should or should not like something, Miche. I don't need to be hit upside one shoulder and down the other with what you believe to either be fact OR opinion. I like whom I like and for the reasons that I like them. And nothing you can ever say is going to change that. You are talking to a wall in this regard Miche. Wasting your breath. blah blah blah.

That is enough for me and I am sorry (not really, but it's the polite thing to say) if it's NOT enough for you.
Gidge

MicheBel

Semantics are us

Post by MicheBel »

Kristee, we are arguing semantics here.

We are completely on the same page regarding that both of us are able to like whom and what we want to. I'm not in any way begrudging you that. I get that you like Dicky. I don't dislike Dicky, though you often think so.

The discussion here and now is who is responsible for his Morning Show. I give the credit to many more people than you do. You give sole and total credit to Dicky, and I'm telling you that's wrong. Not because I think so, or it's my opinion, because it's a FACT.

If you choose to go on blissfully thinking that Dicky is the one and only person responsible for the Mighty Morning Show, you go ahead. You're entitled. I'm just saying that's incorrect data.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Look...I say that Chuck and Liz et al are great...they are there because they are great at what they do. My particular point is that just like Jonsey, just like Camp Freddy, Bent Bolthouse and Danny Masterson and Rob Zombie, all of the shows have a personality attached to it.

As much as I like Chuck and Liz et al, they are not "personalities" that a morning show can be based upon. Chuck is an engineer on the Morning Show and Liz is the News Gal (Stacy is the party chick, Damashack is,well, Damashack) What bothers me the most is that you won't give any credit to Dicky for the show that bares his name. When I force you to admit that he did something that you like, you admit it grudgingly.

I agree that this is semantics, but I am steadfast in my support of not only Dicky but the rest of the MMS staff....
Gidge

MicheBel

Peace, peace at last

Post by MicheBel »

LOL You crack me up.

I support the Morning Show staff 100%. They are amazing. Everyone at Indie is amazing. I love them all.

Every wild, wacky, crazy personality that makes up Indie, including Dicky.

We are in total agreement about that.

Dicky gives a flavor to the air that isn't anywhere else on Indie, and in the cosmic sense of things, I can certainly appreciate that.

So if the final thing to end on is INDIE IS GREAT, we are both on the same page!

--Miche :wink:
gidgetgoestohell

word
Gidge