Show Review

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

robert

Show Review

Post by robert »

I guess this is as good a place as any to start giving show reviews.

Last night i went to the 80s Convention at the Henry Fonda theatre.
I guess its an annual event, but this year they had sme great bands.

All tribute bands.

Love Vigilantes (New Order) these guys were from Seattle and did a great job. They were realxed and not "in character" like a lot of tribute bands. They had alot of the music prerecorded into the keyboard, it seemed, but i think that is accetable given New Orders style.

Vidol Idol (Billy Idol) Definately a character band. Not bad, but i thought it lacked something. The lead singer didnt sneer nearly enough.

Gabba Gabba Heys (Ramones) anotehr character band, but they did really well. As Richard Blade said, "This is the closest you will ever get to seeing the real thing"

Dead Mans Party (Oingo Boing) I was looking forward to these guys and i found them lacking slightly. I cant figure out why, maybe i was looking for more energy or some intangible that would have put them over the edge. They were competent and didnt rely on Boingo hits only, so i will give them credit for that.

There were two others that i missed: 101 (Depeche Mode) and the Curse (The Cure) I have heard good things about the Curse.

It was well worth the $20 and i woud recommend going.
MicheBel

Glad you had fun

Post by MicheBel »

Thanks for that review, Robert. I was looking for more show reviews. We got a lot of shows coming up. Everyone post about what they see!
--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!