Dicky SAYS:

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

gidgetgoestohell

Dicky SAYS:

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Please make sure to check out his daily posts regarding his show on the Indie 103.1 website.

If you go to the homepage, and look at the SHOW option, you click on it and a drop down menu appears. Choose Mighty Morning Show. On it you can get the names of the songs played on the show, guests who appeared as well as commentary by our wonderous morning guy, Dicky Barrett himself. I suppose you could say that it's Dicky's show blog.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
MicheBel

Dicky's blog

Post by MicheBel »

God, Kristee is such a suck-up.

:wink:

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Hey Miche....FUCK OFF.....
Last edited by gidgetgoestohell on Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gidge

MicheBel

dicky's blog

Post by MicheBel »

heh :wink:

--miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

~shrugs~
Gidge

Glenn

Re: Dicky SAYS:

Post by Glenn »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:Please make sure to check out his daily posts regarding his show on the Indie 103.1 website.

If you go to the homepage, and look at the SHOW option, you click on it and a drop down menu appears. Choose Mighty Morning Show. On it you can get the names of the songs played on the show, guests who appeared as well as commentary by our wonderous morning guy, Dicky Barrett himself. I suppose you could say that it's Dicky's show blog.
IS that everyday or is that just for that show?
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
gidgetgoestohell

He does the blog everyday...but he doesn't archive it....
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Well it shows Monday 11th. They should post it in Yahoo, myspace )here etc) to arcive it)

Dosent look like it is done everyday though.
gidgetgoestohell

I noticed that myself today. I am not sure why it hasn't been updated. They were having some email issues this morning so I hope that he didn't lose yesterday's stuff. I think how it works is:

He posts stuff from Monday's show on Tuesday.

Then he posts Tuesday's show on Weds.

and so on and so on.....
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

They should post in the yahoo group also kind of also serves as a daily e-reminder.

If I was them I would join the groups of the bands that they are playing on myspace and post the list there. That will get new listeners interested in the show.

Just a thought.

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

From seeing some of the profiles on MySpace I'm amazed that these people can use computers and breathe at the same time
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

hehehehehehehehe Tom...E-V-I-L....LMAO....that was great....hehehehehehehehehe....

Rumor has it that somebody around here has a site to store the stuff at as well....You'd think that they would just post it on the home page of the Indie site and then archive it over at MyfuckingdevilsspawnSpace....
Gidge

MicheBel

no archive

Post by MicheBel »

JESUS CHRIST, Kristee!

If you talk to this man, kindly tell him ARCHIVE. Get someone else to archive it, something. How pointless to do this every day and then lose the day before. Anyone who'd want to read this would want to see several days, not just today's! For Fuck's SAKE!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

DAMNIT.

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Consider your request noted and passed onto the person who is in charge. Stu has a place over at blogspot that is dedicated to not only The Morning Show but Jonsey's Jukebox as well. I think that he has offered to store Dicky's stuff for him if he's interested.
Gidge

gidgetgoestohell

Yikes...I just looked at that site and God Bless Stu!

Here's the link:

http://www.mightymorningshow.blogspot.com/

Thanks and all praise to our man of the hour, Stu!!!
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

That cool!!!

Flesh for Lulu- Postcards from Paradise

Havent heard that in a while.
MicheBel

blogging

Post by MicheBel »

Yes, I heard that this morning. Thank goodness! (Though Dicky doesn't have a very good opinion of bloggers, it seems. Like blogging is a bad thing!)

And while we are discussing things Dicky and Morning Show, I have some gripes (which I haven't had in awhile).

* Steve Austin, whoever he is, is NOT the biggest star they've ever had. That's Hal Sparks. Or maybe that woman who did the movie Thirteen and that surfing movie. Also, Steve Austin, whoever he is, has a TERRIBLE voice for radio, and isn't funny. He kept interrupting people like he was on a wrestling show or something. BLECH.

* Lovely Liz, whom I do have much admiration for, has this habit of sometimes pronouncing things very bizarrely. She did something last week, that I was just holding my ears about. (Can't remember what it was, that was one of my off days...) But today, she pronounces "Jack Nicklaus" as NicLOUSE. And she kept doing it! Thankfully Chuck said something. It was so horrific to listen to. He's only one of the top golfers in the world, and she doesn't know how to pronounce his name?

I mean, I love Liz's excellent diction. But she just plows ahead with pronounciation, without even maybe checking with someone how it's pronounced. It's radio, babe. You need to pronounce things right. Especially since you are one of the few standard-bearers on Indie of doing things right. So, bloody DO IT RIGHT. NickLOUSE! I mean, honestly, Liz! Do you pronounce it Santa KLOUSE, too? :evil:

* Oh, and while we're at it, yesterday's show. Just when I was complimenting the Morning Show for having an author who writes about recovery, they bring back Doug Benson, the standard-bearer of people who are high. And he yucks it up with more pot jokes. Takes away whatever points they got for the sober author, IMHO. Doug Benson, btw, is nowhere near as funny as Hal Sparks. Benson is just OBNOXIOUS.

There. I feel better.
--Miche :wink:
gidgetgoestohell

I could say alot of things in response to this tirade, but I won't. The reason for my silence is this: anything that I say defending the show or objecting to your opinion will simply fall on deaf ears.

It would be like trying to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time AND annoys the pig.
Gidge

MicheBel

tirades

Post by MicheBel »

Yes, I know. In your eyes, Dicky and the Morning Show can do no wrong. We are in our separate corners about that, indeed.

However, when things bug me, I feel obligated to bring them up. Not that I'm not listening and enjoying the show every day, cause I am....

--Miche
assholitis

Re: blogging

Post by assholitis »

MicheBel wrote:* Steve Austin, whoever he is, is NOT the biggest star they've ever had. That's Hal Sparks. Or maybe that woman who did the movie Thirteen and that surfing movie. Also, Steve Austin, whoever he is, has a TERRIBLE voice for radio, and isn't funny. He kept interrupting people like he was on a wrestling show or something. BLECH.
Well, I'm guessing it was Steve Austin, the wrestler. Unless it was Lee Majors' character from the Bionic Man, but that's highly doubtful. Well, like it or not, he probably IS the biggest celebrity the Mighty Morning Show has ever had based on popularity and notoriety. Now granted, maybe the common Indie 103.1 listener isn't a big wrestling fan, but that doesn't detract from the fact that Steve Austin is famous worldwide and loved by millions of people. Now while you can argue that Hal Sparks and the director of Thirteen are the "best" celebrities Dicky has ever welcomed onto the show, it's much harder to say that they are bigger celebrities than Mr. Austin. Of course, your opinion dictates whether in this case bigger necessarily means better.

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Kev:

Have I told you lately how much I love you? You are the BEST.
Gidge

MicheBel

bigger not better

Post by MicheBel »

:roll: