Dicky's First Political Debate

Talk about the Indie 103.1 shows.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

Dicky's First Political Debate

Post by MicheBel »

The thing that kept coming to me when I was listening to the political debate on Dicky's show this morning was how RADICAL Indie is, and continues to be. Strange that two people talking about political issues on a radio station (that isn't talk radio) can seem so radical, but it really did.

All in all, I thought it was extremely well-done, even if one guy was late due to LA traffic. And I hope that they have more of these. Honestly.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I am bummed that I didn't get to catch it in the car. When I am at the office, my attention is distracted by people that keep beating the snot out of each other. ~sigh~ I hope that Indie rebroadcast it sometime soon.
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I missed it too. Well I typically miss his show all together due to schedule. What was the debate topic? They should announce this in advance so listeners can look into the issues before the debate.

Just for the record...I am prepared to tackle any issue from any side and still win. That is why I am the "master debator"
gidgetgoestohell

Right wing-left wing politics related to the war.

Master Debator....pishawww...LOL
Gidge

MicheBel

Advance Warning

Post by MicheBel »

Glenn wrote:I missed it too. Well I typically miss his show all together due to schedule. What was the debate topic? They should announce this in advance so listeners can look into the issues before the debate.

Just for the record...I am prepared to tackle any issue from any side and still win. That is why I am the "master debator"
UM, Glenn, dude...they DID announce it advance. They had a "political debate coming on Monday" promo running for DAYS. :wink:

Dicky asked both sides several questions, ranging from the war in Iraq, George Bush, Terry Shiavo--various things.

Our left commentator, of course, got everything accurate. The right commentator blamed everything on the "liberal media". hahahaha I can't believe people actually use this argument with a straight face. Oh, and on the fact that liberals have no morals.

Nah, the right just lies better than we do.

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

I caught a snipet of the right wing dude and even though I do have areas that I am politically conservative....Johnny Angel kicked his ass....Maybe it's just that I like the way Angel presents it...straight forward and without stumbling over his words...he is, afterall, a professional....
Gidge

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Did they take call from the listeners?
MicheBel

Dicky's Political Debates

Post by MicheBel »

They do take calls from listeners throughout the show, but this thing was structured like a real debate. First one side, then the other, then rebuttal. Etc. They took commercial breaks, but no listener commentary. It was incendiary enough!

But maybe as part of their "Coup d'Etat" (stolen from 94.9, thank you) thing, you could suggest taking on one or the other of the two dudes?

I agree with Kristee, though, Johnny Angel pretty much wiped the floor with that right-wing guy. I have to say, it still is hard to listen to anyone debate political points, though, after how badly we were screwed by the last series of debates. :cry:

--Miche