Dicky Did Something Right

Talk about the DJ's here.

Moderator: Admin

obiwankobe

Dicky Did Something Right

Post by obiwankobe »

Actually put Indie on for the first time in a long time and caught "Parklife" by Blur. More Blur!!!!

good job Dicky
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

Aint he wunnerful????
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

The greatest!!!! Tom he's a lot different now since his first first week or two on the air. Give him a shot again...
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
biLzamo

Re: Dicky Did Something Right

Post by biLzamo »

obiwankobe wrote:Actually put Indie on for the first time in a long time and caught "Parklife" by Blur. More Blur!!!!

good job Dicky
yeah blur is awesome. that parklife album has a lot of variety on it. girls who need boys who like girls who like boys need their girls need their boys who like boys with their girls who need boys with their girls with their boys.
"The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers."

- Doug McKenzie
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

biLzamo wrote:
obiwankobe wrote:Actually put Indie on for the first time in a long time and caught "Parklife" by Blur. More Blur!!!!

good job Dicky
yeah blur is awesome. that parklife album has a lot of variety on it. girls who need boys who like girls who like boys need their girls need their boys who like boys with their girls who need boys with their girls with their boys.
Oh!!! You've got me dancing at my desk!!!
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote:

good job Dicky
thats my extended version of the song. i'd go to the library every day if the librarians were dancing on the tables when i walked in.

- Doug McKenzie
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

biLzamo wrote:
Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote: yeah blur is awesome. that parklife album has a lot of variety on it. girls who need boys who like girls who like boys need their girls need their boys who like boys with their girls who need boys with their girls with their boys.
thats my extended version of the song. i'd go to the library every day if the librarians were dancing on the tables when i walked in.
You better becareful what you wish for.....have you seen what some of those librarians look like?
I actually have my Archivist hat on right now, so I'm down in the dungeon hiding behind stacks of dusty boxes.
~Gooch

biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote:
Gooch wrote: Oh!!! You've got me dancing at my desk!!!
You better becareful what you wish for.....have you seen what some of those librarians look like?
I actually have my Archivist hat on right now, so I'm down in the dungeon hiding behind stacks of dusty boxes.

well the librarians at PCC are students so they arent the normal hags you think of at say a public library.

dude if you're in the dungeon, its time to get busy, crank up that music.

- Doug McKenzie
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

biLzamo wrote:
Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote: thats my extended version of the song. i'd go to the library every day if the librarians were dancing on the tables when i walked in.

well the librarians at PCC are students so they arent the normal hags you think of at say a public library.

dude if you're in the dungeon, its time to get busy, crank up that music.
I have 3 roomies, but I do have my iPod blasting. Its on shuffle....love the shuffle feature....
~Gooch

biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

Gooch wrote:
I have 3 roomies, but I do have my iPod blasting. Its on shuffle....love the shuffle feature....
im so pissed (well i dont get that pissed bein stoned, ha) but my comp got fried recently, and when i reinstalled my software, i found out that iTunes doesnt save the songs you bought. and i was just about to buy an iPod. i think i might just stick to cds.

- Doug McKenzie
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

biLzamo wrote:
Gooch wrote:
im so pissed (well i dont get that pissed bein stoned, ha) but my comp got fried recently, and when i reinstalled my software, i found out that iTunes doesnt save the songs you bought. and i was just about to buy an iPod. i think i might just stick to cds.
Once you have them saved on your iPod, they should be okay. I highly recommend the iPod and the Bose speakers. One of the best investments I've made.
~Gooch

biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote:
Gooch wrote:
Once you have them saved on your iPod, they should be okay. I highly recommend the iPod and the Bose speakers. One of the best investments I've made.
Gooch, you know what really chaps my hide. i just got a $2,000 sound system installed in my car and all it did was make the static on Indie come out really clear.

I am forced to listen to KIIS, KRTH, JACK (which is getting a lot better, they even say so in their ads) and sometimes even that "trendsetting" station (for assholes). Those stations sound like they are in digital and they have super strong signals.

- Doug McKenzie
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

biLzamo wrote:Gooch, you know what really chaps my hide. i just got a $2,000 sound system installed in my car and all it did was make the static on Indie come out really clear.

I am forced to listen to KIIS, KRTH, JACK (which is getting a lot better, they even say so in their ads) and sometimes even that "trendsetting" station (for assholes). Those stations sound like they are in digital and they have super strong signals.
Think of it this way, once you get your iPod and get your car stereo adapter, just think how great all your music will sound....
~Gooch

biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote:Gooch, you know what really chaps my hide. i just got a $2,000 sound system installed in my car and all it did was make the static on Indie come out really clear.

Think of it this way, once you get your iPod and get your car stereo adapter, just think how great all your music will sound....
im accepting music cd donations at the moment.

- Doug McKenzie
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

Let me know what you want and I'll check if I have it.
~Gooch

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

biLzamo wrote:
Gooch wrote:
biLzamo wrote: im so pissed (well i dont get that pissed bein stoned, ha) but my comp got fried recently, and when i reinstalled my software, i found out that iTunes doesnt save the songs you bought. and i was just about to buy an iPod. i think i might just stick to cds.
Gooch, you know what really chaps my hide. i just got a $2,000 sound system installed in my car and all it did was make the static on Indie come out really clear.

KCRW 89.9 9am-12pm weekdays
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

Gooch wrote:Let me know what you want and I'll check if I have it.
i want a hot blooded woman... oh wait you meant cds. well i didnt even get to see your collection.

hmm you must have a lot of punk. maybe the clash?

you wouldnt have any Shaggy would you, his songs have good bass.

you know what song sounds good on my stereo, the one that goes "i want to hold you close, skin pressed against me tight"... that song kills

- Doug McKenzie
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

You should get "No Wow" by "The Kills", it'll break your windows
-tom

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

biLzamo wrote:
Gooch wrote:Let me know what you want and I'll check if I have it.
i want a hot blooded woman... oh wait you meant cds. well i didnt even get to see your collection.

hmm you must have a lot of punk. maybe the clash?

you wouldnt have any Shaggy would you, his songs have good bass.

you know what song sounds good on my stereo, the one that goes "i want to hold you close, skin pressed against me tight"... that song kills
Haha...funny...
I'll try to get my database up an running and I'll send it over to you so you can see what I own. One thing I do have lots of are The Cure, The Smiths and of course Moz.
~Gooch

MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

good job Dicky
Yeah, except right before that, he told the caller who had called in, asking for Bowie: "If you want Bowie, you have to listen in the 12 o'clock hour." He then proceeded to describe how Blur is like Bowie's son. A truly inspired statement, very funny.

+ points for playing Blur
- points for dissing Bowie
- points for dissing the Box

(And Bowie was played that day, after Jonesy...)

But then, he did make up for all that by playing one of his best shows ever with the Cover Your Ass show today. Every darn song was amazing! Great work, guys!

--Miche
Last edited by MicheBel on Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
MicheBel

car stereos

Post by MicheBel »

<---------------Hot-blooded woman, who also loved She Wants Revenge's Tear You Apart :wink:
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
biLzamo

Post by biLzamo »

MicheBel wrote:

good job Dicky
Yeah, except right before that, he told the caller who had called in, asking for Bowie: "If you want Bowie, you have to listen in the 12 o'clock hour." He then proceeded to describe how Blur is like a modern Bowie. Or Bowie's son, or something.

+ points for playing Blur
- points for dissing Bowie
- points for dissing the Box

(And Bowie was played that day, after Jonesy...)

But then, he did make up for all that by playing one of his best shows ever with the Cover Your Ass show today. Every darn song was amazing! Great work, guys!

--Miche
yeah, i thought his Blur/Bowie comparison was pretty weak. he probably woulda compared any band to Blur at that point

- Doug McKenzie
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Blur compares to no band, they rule the world
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

:?
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas