Henry Rollins returns tonight

Talk about the DJ's here.

Moderator: Admin

RobertKP

Henry Rollins returns tonight

Post by RobertKP »

Henry returns with Harmony in My Head tonight at 8pm. WOOHOO!
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
MicheBel

Harmony in My Head, Indeed!

Post by MicheBel »

It's no secret how much I adore Indie 103.1. It's probably no secret that I spend nearly every waking hour possible listening to it, sneaking it at work, gobbling up every morsel of sound that comes from the Indie 103 studios. Sure, I have my favorites, and my less-favorites, but there is no show I really actively dislike 100% of the time.

And I'd been resting in this comfortable, "Yeah, Indie is great and we know it" place for awhile now. Thinking, foolishly, that there'd be no more surprises from this station I love so much.

Well, wrong.

Henry Rollins, complete with Engineer X, IS BACK. When Henry was on before, I was just starting to listen. I only heard Henry sporadically, usually from places that had really bad reception. So even though many raved about "Harmony in My Head," and it was what caused many to start listening to Indie, I was blissfully ignorant about the magic that is Henry on air. To me, the King of All Indie Media was Jonesy's Jukebox.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the crown has been toppled, but I sure would say that there is a nighttime king in the house now too.

I'm a pretty literate person. I'm able to critique nearly everything related to entertainment, and tell you immediately what part of it sucks, what part of it is good. After listening to Henry Rollins' Harmony in My Head for two weeks now, I'm totally at a loss for words. The enjoyment of his show falls in roughly the same place that orgasms do. It's a primal, visceral thing, that mostly leaves me babbling incoherently: This! THIS! is what radio should be about!

I can't even describe the music that comes over the airwaves over those two hours, all I know is that I really don't want it to stop. That it leads, happily into Cha Cha's Red Zone (which I've also started listening to, since I'm unable to turn the radio off after Henry) is only a good thing.

Seriously, Indie, you win. I give. I'm just one blissful mess of goo here. There has seriously never been radio this good. Ever. And whatever stars were aligned in the heavens to give us in LA Steve Jones and Henry Rollins on the same radio station, I'm bowing down to them now, believe me. I could just cry with the goodness of this music.

If I had a chip hard-wired into my head, with Indie playing constantly (which already isn't far from the truth), it would not be a bad thing. But certainly, it would be during Jonesy and Henry that you'd see the most blissed-out look on my face.

THANK YOU, INDIE.
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
MicheBel

Harmony in My Head

Post by MicheBel »

Wow! Hasn't Henry's show been amazing the past few weeks?

And that Engineer X! Rocking! So great!

(Although I do prefer when Henry is actually in studio.)

--Miche
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!