Make Jane WIEDLIN a DJ!

Talk about the DJ's here.

Moderator: Admin

MicheBel

Make Jane WIEDLIN a DJ!

Post by MicheBel »

Jane Wiedlin says on air, "INDIE is sexist, [that's] why I can't get my own show here." She said she's "begged" Indie to give her her own show, and they won't. What's up with that? Jane Wiedlin would do a GREAT show.

So, is Indie really sexist? Comments, please.
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
gidgetgoestohell

Post by gidgetgoestohell »

I agree that Jane would be WONDERFUL on Indie. She was great when she was on with Jonsey and I can't for the life of me figure out just why they wouldn't give her a show. I mean really, how much more Indie could you be than a quasi-punk rock woman than Jane????
Gidge

~I came for Jonsey. I stayed for the MMS. Now that Dicky is gone, so am I~
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

I agree she'd make a great host (she's got such a wonderful personality and I can't imagine much dead air when she'd be on, not to mention she's got really good taste in music), but I don't think I'd go so far as to say Indie is sexist. While there is a greater ratio of guys-to-girls DJs, there is still Nina Blackwood's show every Saturday morning. In addition, Jackie is the host of Chaos which features a genre of music that is noticeably dominated by males. So if it's not sexism, what IS holding them back from hiring her?

-Kevin
Alone we stand, together we fall apart.

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

I dunno Kev....I think that she said she was interested when she was on with Jonsey as well....
Gidge

MicheBel

Go Jane go!

Post by MicheBel »

Um, Nina Blackwood's show is syndicated, and Jackie's is the only show that most of us agree we don't listen to (we Indie junkies).

So Jane Wiedlin is needed...HIRE HER, Indie! :D

--Miche

(Oh, and for that matter, hire Ben Folds too. His show last night ROCKED.)
Loving ALL of Indie's shows, especially the guys they've been having in the morning!
barney

Post by barney »

...um, Indie junkies SHOULD listen to Jackie, and not tell Indie what to do.
Stuartmm

Post by Stuartmm »

.. and you do know that she filled in for Rollins one January night.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

lol Nice pic, Stuart. Did you alter the Jack's FM logo with Jonesy's face? Kudos my boy! :lol:

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
MicheBel

Indie junkies

Post by MicheBel »

barney wrote:...um, Indie junkies SHOULD listen to Jackie, and not tell Indie what to do.
Yeah, barn, that's the thing about junkies. You just can't tell them what to do. They never listen. And trust me, I spend nearly every waking hour listening to Indie as it is. My ears are thankful I don't add "Chaos" to it too.

And one night in January doesn't add up to a show for women.

I agree, cool reworking of that sad other station's logo!

--Miche
Stuartmm

The King

Post by Stuartmm »

Yeah too good an opportunity to miss ,
When i look at it i keep thinking of the Duke Nukem line
"I am the King" that then went to Evil Dead.

Next up screwing about with the Kroq new sticker. :-)
gidgetgoestohell

To be quite honest, I don't think that the lack of females DJs is remotely based on gender. It seems that the station has a line up that is working for them currently, and until somebody goes away, it will probably stay the way that it is. I don't think that radio in general has been kind to women on the air, putting women in spots like the news only.

I have got to give the station the credit that should something open up that they will look at all of their options and put the best PERSON in the job and not cow tow to the need to be PC and put a chick on just to appease the listening masses.

With that said, the next opening should go to Jane based on her great on air personality and her knowledge of the biz.

Let's just hope that they are listening.....
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Yeah, the DJ's @ Indie has are ALL great.... I'm sure Jane would be good too, but the line up is perfect as is for now.... again, it's about the music people, about THE MUSIC!!!!!!
Indie is an amazing station, can we be happy with it as is, instead of looking for their faults?
"Bitches, don't you know I'm being sarcastic?!"
-Julian Casablancas
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

...and of course Indie isn't sexist, c'mon!
-Julian Casablancas
Glenn

Re: Make Jane WIEDLIN a DJ!

Post by Glenn »

MicheBel wrote:Jane Wiedlin says on air, "INDIE is sexist, [that's] why I can't get my own show here." She said she's "begged" Indie to give her her own show, and they won't. What's up with that? Jane Wiedlin would do a GREAT show.

I heard she didn't get a show casue she was black.
"My band name is now your coupon" - Joe
assholitis

Re: The King

Post by assholitis »

Stuartmm wrote:When i look at it i keep thinking of the Duke Nukem line "I am the King" that then went to Evil Dead.
Isn't that also Paul "The King of Big Screen TVs" Goldenberg's catchphrase on those TV ads in L.A.? I remember seeing those commercials late at night. "I am the king."

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

Glenn wrote:
MicheBel wrote:Jane Wiedlin says on air, "INDIE is sexist, [that's] why I can't get my own show here." She said she's "begged" Indie to give her her own show, and they won't. What's up with that? Jane Wiedlin would do a GREAT show.

Ok you freakazoid...you just made me spit my Cherry Pepsi at the pc screen....LMAO
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Glenn wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Sexist AND racist, Danm that Indie!!!!! :lol:
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

gidgetgoestohell wrote:To be quite honest, I don't think that the lack of females DJs is remotely based on gender. It seems that the station has a line up that is working for them currently, and until somebody goes away, it will probably stay the way that it is. I don't think that radio in general has been kind to women on the air, putting women in spots like the news only.

With that said, the next opening should go to Jane based on her great on air personality and her knowledge of the biz.
Um, just a reminder. Not every hour of every day is taken up by someone DJing. They could replace some of the canned music spots with DJs. (Specifically Jane Wiedlin.)

And no matter what you say, it still is the COCK of Rock station for a reason. It's way testosterone-heavy.
MicheBel

It's about the music

Post by MicheBel »

*Annie* wrote:Yeah, the DJ's @ Indie has are ALL great.... I'm sure Jane would be good too, but the line up is perfect as is for now.... again, it's about the music people, about THE MUSIC!!!!!!
Indie is an amazing station, can we be happy with it as is, instead of looking for their faults?
In short, no. :wink:

And it's not that we are "looking for their faults" it's just that we want a fabulous station to get better and better (if they can). This is one way they absolutely could.

Oh, and the "It's about the Music"? that's 94.9. :wink:

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahaha, I wouldn't know... I seriously never change 103.1!
-Julian Casablancas
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

I wouldn't be able to listen. Her voice just gets on my nerves....It was hard watching the Surreal Life....
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Gooch wrote:
MicheBel wrote:I wouldn't be able to listen. Her voice just gets on my nerves....It was hard watching the Surreal Life....
I would've thought that was due to Mini Me peeing naked in the hallway.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*
gidgetgoestohell

He was an angry eumm..little man...wasn't he????
Gidge

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

My sister was disturbed by that.... I thought it was hilarious!!!!!!!!! I agree jane does have a whiny voice and she likes attention too much, not a good combo for radio, and indie knows it!!!! Besides "she's a has-been!"... I'm totally kidding!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

Hire JANE!

Post by MicheBel »

*Annie* wrote:My sister was disturbed by that.... I thought it was hilarious!!!!!!!!! I agree jane does have a whiny voice and she likes attention too much, not a good combo for radio, and indie knows it!!!! Besides "she's a has-been!"... I'm totally kidding!
For a minute (whiny voice, likes attention too much) I thought you were describing Dicky!

As far as "has-been", babe, Hollywood is all about reinventing oneself.

(So you better be kidding!) :wink:

No, I think they just want all males on the airwaves (except from 12-2 Sunday nights).

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Are you talking about Jackie from Chaos? They also have Cha-Cha on the Red Zone.... I could care less if they have guys or girls as long as they have quality PEOPLE.... and they do. I'm happy.
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

Tegan & Sara should be DJ's on Indie.
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

yeah, they should take the suicide girls spot!

Tom, is it okay if i stalk you on the forum today?
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

sure, I'm pretty busy working though! Although we are making lunch right now!
-tom

~"Let there be no conflict in America, if you bother me, I whup yo' ass."~Charles Barkley
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Well, don't mind me, i'm just going to follow you around.... which I just did..... I'm making lunch too. Are you actually "making" lunch?
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

shoulda done it a long time ago

Post by MicheBel »

*Annie* wrote:Are you talking about Jackie from Chaos? They also have Cha-Cha on the Red Zone.... I could care less if they have guys or girls as long as they have quality PEOPLE.... and they do. I'm happy.
You know...I was just thinking about that this weekend. They FINALLY put on an ad FEATURING Cha Cha. For some reason (I never listened to the show), I always thought Cha Cha was a man! I was so shocked when I actually heard her voice. Honestly, that ad really makes me want to listen!

--Miche
gidgetgoestohell

Is that the royal WE Tom???? Or are you pregnant or do you have a mouse in your pocket???
Gidge

*Annie*

Re: shoulda done it a long time ago

Post by *Annie* »

MicheBel wrote:
*Annie* wrote:Are you talking about Jackie from Chaos? They also have Cha-Cha on the Red Zone.... I could care less if they have guys or girls as long as they have quality PEOPLE.... and they do. I'm happy.
You know...I was just thinking about that this weekend. They FINALLY put on an ad FEATURING Cha Cha. For some reason (I never listened to the show), I always thought Cha Cha was a man! I was so shocked when I actually heard her voice. Honestly, that ad really makes me want to listen!

--Miche
I listen, it's a great show. "Latin alternative" she plays everything I used to hear growing up and then some!
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

My business partner, and we made Top Ramen with egg and onions!
-tom

MicheBel

say no to top ramen

Post by MicheBel »

Good god, I'm looking forward to the day that I never ever ever have to eat top Ramen again...

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Hahaha, i used to scramble eggs into top ramen too... and frozen veggies! Now i eat the vegetable top ramen and only about once a year. It's good stuff, but so high in calories and sodium!
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

It's good! Why waste money and go out when you can just stay in and keep working. Then if you work hard you can play golf or get drinks with your ex-fiance while her current fiance is out of town!
-tom

MicheBel

worry worry

Post by MicheBel »

Tom, you are walking down a very scary path there.

Step away from the ex-fiancee...

and workaholism is a disease too, you know?

Getting away from your desk is a good thing.

--Miche
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

and I am spending time here, workaholism is not an afliction I do not have currently
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Tom's doing just fine!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

um hum

Post by MicheBel »

obiwankobe wrote:IWhy waste money and go out when you can just stay in and keep working.
One of the signs of workaholism: avoiding common natural things, like going to the bathroom regularly, getting up and going out to eat, getting eight hours of sleep per night.

(I'm just sayin...)
*Annie* wrote:Tom's doing just fine!
You keep an eye on him, Annie. You keep him away from that ex-fiancee. That only spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E.
--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I should ask Tom out to distract him!

Oh, and Miche, you just described America. I used to do all thos ethings at my old job. I even do them now that I'm not working... it's just a way of life!
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

those isms

Post by MicheBel »

Annie, I highly encourage you asking Tom out, for whatever reason. Get him away from that desk!

And just because "all of America does it" doesn't make it right. It's still highly dysfunctional.

--Miche
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

dysfunctional's a good thing
-Julian Casablancas
MicheBel

dysfunction junction

Post by MicheBel »

this from the girl who has to force herself to give up drinking for a few weeks...

um...no, dysfunctional is NOT a good thing.

--Miche
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

I don't think it would be fair to anyone to have to deal with me right now. I am still holding on to my delusions
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Are you saying I can't ask you out?
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

no, not at all
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

So are you saying that I CAN ask you out?
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

You are free to do whatever you want
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I know that... I was just messing with you Tom.... I just want to stalk you right now.
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

damaged goods thats all I'm saying (about me)
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

Okay, so it's more of a warning.... hmmm, I can always stalk you for a while to give you time and to keep an eye on you for Miche... then I can ask you out.
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

whatever pleases you is fine by me
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

words a girl loves to hear...
-Julian Casablancas
obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

:oops:
-tom

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahaha. Aw, I made you blush, cute!
-Julian Casablancas
Gooch

Re: Hire JANE!

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:For a minute (whiny voice, likes attention too much) I thought you were describing Dicky!

--Miche
I dig Dicky's voice....
If you want to hear a whiny voice, that would be Mike Tyson...I think he got punch in the groin one too many times...
Last edited by Gooch on Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Gooch

"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off..."
*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

hahahaha. I like Dicky's voice too!
-Julian Casablancas
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

obiwankobe wrote:Tegan & Sara should be DJ's on Indie.
Speaking of whiny...
~Gooch

obiwankobe

Post by obiwankobe »

ha ha
-tom

Gooch

Post by Gooch »

obiwankobe wrote:My business partner, and we made Top Ramen with egg and onions!
I eat mine with just the seasoning and no soup. Just the noodles and seasoning....Mmmmmmm....
~Gooch

*Annie*

Post by *Annie* »

I used to put hot sauce on mine!
-Julian Casablancas
Gooch

Re: worry worry

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:Tom, you are walking down a very scary path there.

Step away from the ex-fiancee...

and workaholism is a disease too, you know?

Getting away from your desk is a good thing.

--Miche
If Sir Tom was a real workaholic, then he wouldn'te even bother with us, because he'd be too into his work, no?
~Gooch

MicheBel

we hear voices

Post by MicheBel »

*Annie* wrote:hahahaha. I like Dicky's voice too!
No, Chuck has a great voice. Dicky's not so much. IMHO.

Dicky, though, he has a great face for radio. :wink:

--Miche
Gooch

Re: we hear voices

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:

--Miche
Hmmm...and I wonder why Dicky got upset with you....
~Gooch

MicheBel

Post by MicheBel »

Gooch wrote:If Sir Tom was a real workaholic, then he wouldn'te even bother with us, because he'd be too into his work, no?
Not at all. Dunno about Tom, but I can sit here and work like crazy, AND type in the forum. I assume he can too.
Gooch

Post by Gooch »

MicheBel wrote:
Gooch wrote:If Sir Tom was a real workaholic, then he wouldn'te even bother with us, because he'd be too into his work, no?
Not at all. Dunno about Tom, but I can sit here and work like crazy, AND type in the forum. I assume he can too.
You're talented, because I can't do that. I get to into the forum and forget about work, hence the me not really posting before 5pm...
~Gooch

MicheBel

Re: we hear voices

Post by MicheBel »

Gooch wrote:
MicheBel wrote:

--Miche
Hmmm...and I wonder why Dicky got upset with you....
I'm a bitch. It's a known fact.

Course, I WAS only joking! I've actually been really enjoying Dicky of late. Especially when I tune into KROQ for half a second, and realize how obnoxious those two are.

As far as my job, I've been doing it for SO long, I'm really good at it. Multitasking is easy.
assholitis

Post by assholitis »

Miche said:
As far as my job, I've been doing it for SO long, I'm
really good at it. Multitasking is easy.
Yeah, same here. When my work's internet is actually up and running.

-Kevin

*sireofwilshire*