Darren Revel & Big Sonic Heaven

Talk about the DJ's here.

Moderator: Admin

RobertKP

Darren Revel & Big Sonic Heaven

Post by RobertKP »

I was listening to Indie's new night dj Darren Revel just before 10pm Thursday night. He used to be just on weekends but he is now on weeknights 7pm-12m. From 10pm-12m, he did a show he calls "Big Sonic Heaven" that he occasionally puts together. It was agreat combination of ethereal, electronica & post punk music, old & new. Songs included "Isobel" by Bjork, "Fly Me Away" by Goldfrapp, "Martyr" by Depeche Mode, "Cut Here" by The Cure, "Leaves Me Cold" by Lush, "Safari" by The Breeders, "Hit" by The Sugarcubes & "Everybody Here Wants You" by Jeff Buckley. Somewhat like "Head Trip" on Sunday mornings but I don't get up that early anymore. I hope it becomes a weekly scheduled show but maybe not on Thursday nights. I had to skip listening to "Generation Death" (on KSPC "The Space"- Claremont College) this week to hear it.
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!
jr

Post by jr »

sounds great
thanks
head trip is on too early now.. so i am off it
thanks again
12 bellz... YOU DO UNDERSTAND??!!
RobertKP

Post by RobertKP »

Darren is doing Big Sonic Heaven on most Tuesday through Thursday nights, 10pm-12m. He has a myspace page for it with playlists of the shows starting with 01/23 - http://www.myspace.com/bigsonicheaven
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!